PDA

View Full Version : btw i have suspected swine flu, lol

Darksaviour69
August 12th, 2009, 13:32
So yeah, i have some sort of flu and i meet most of the check list for symptoms of it, and the GP (on the phone) says that it could be, if no,t some sort of virus (but its not flu season). Since I'm young and relatively healthy, I don't need treatment or swabbed (to confirm its swine), I'm just going to be quarantined for a week in me house.

at least i can watch all those movies i never get a chance to watch.

quzar
August 12th, 2009, 14:47
Same here, except I'm not a pussy so I never called a doctor, just rode it out. Was practically dead from friday till monday morning. Lost 5lbs though =P

Darksaviour69
August 12th, 2009, 15:16
lol, I don't know how its works in yanky land, but here they want you to call the gp or the hotline if you have symptoms, just to confirm.

still....

wraggster
August 12th, 2009, 15:24
be careful with taking tamiflu, if you havent actually got swine flu it can do more harm than good

beetroot bertie
August 12th, 2009, 15:31
That's unlucky fellas.

How does it actually make you feel?

I don't know anyone who's had it and it just felt that it was something over-focussed on by the news.

Darksaviour69
August 12th, 2009, 17:37
as I said I'm not getting any treatment (tamiflu) because I'm young and healthy.

Its just the flu in the end, the big deal is thats its so contagious, + if you have any other media conditions or you a child or old it can be very dangerous. You have to remember loads of people die from seasonal flu

arcadekidflo
August 12th, 2009, 18:44
What are your symptoms ? Do you have a headache and fever and your ears buzz ? Did you get tested ?

Darksaviour69
August 12th, 2009, 20:07
cough/sneeze , headache, dizziness (not one of the listed symptoms) High temperature, shivery, lack of appetite, runny nose.

As I said i was not swabbed (tested) as there is no point, I was not visited by the GP, it was all over phone.

Eviltaco64
August 12th, 2009, 20:24
Swine flu? Ouch, man.

I'd at least take some medicine to cure the headache.

arcadekidflo
August 12th, 2009, 21:52
Don't take any antiviral medication out of your own initiative ! Could do more harm than good . Try some imune stimulents instead and see if things improve . You should get tested though , do whatever you can for the good of your health . Swine Flu is not as dangerous as they say but it can cause some lung problems in the future. If you get treated right then you will be immune in the future , when more dangerous variants of the virus may appear. It is a good thing that people get cured now . Some countries even stated that they will lwt the virus spread so that as many people will become immune .

Triv1um
August 12th, 2009, 22:54
I've actually had it.

I couldn't do to the doctors (Didn't want to neither), I rested it out and it was gone in 2 days. So it goes much quicker than regular influenza.

It was a bloody nightmare though.

Shadowblind
August 13th, 2009, 00:10
Good luck on recovery bro. Also, seeing a doctor for a serious illness has nothing wrong with it.