PDA

View Full Version : Hidden and Future Features in the New PSP Firmware

wraggster
April 28th, 2006, 06:45
zshadow (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3554&start=30) posted these libs he found in the new 2.70 firmware:

some new modules I noticed in 2.7:

amctrl.prx
avcodec.prx
game_install_plugin.prx
iofilemgr_dnas.prx
irda.prx
mm_flash.prx
psheet.prx
usbacc.prx
usbcam.prx
usbgps.prx
usbgps_serial.prx
usbmic.prx
usbpspcm.prx
video_main_plugin.prx

seems camera support is there now (although I don't think the actual camera device has been released yet).

Notice all the USB references, does this mean that the addon for both the GPS and the Camera are coming very soon, it certainly looks that way. Are Sony going to feature Voice recognition in future games too with the usbmic.prx Lib, all very interesting.

vettacossx
April 28th, 2006, 07:47
lots of proof of concept for future homebrew projects there.....potetial indeed....wonder if we will find a way to exploit any of these fine featurs on earlier firmwares like the homebrew app that unlocks you wma support for earlier versions....soon the usb itself will be a exploit!!!!! lol

vettacossx
April 28th, 2006, 07:48
lots of proof of concept for future homebrew projects there.....potential indeed....wonder if we will find a way to exploit any of these fine featurs on earlier firmwares like the homebrew app that unlocks you wma support for earlier versions....soon the usb itself will be a exploit!!!!! lol

vettacossx
April 28th, 2006, 07:48
lots of proof of concept for future homebrew projects there.....potential indeed....wonder if we will find a way to exploit any of these fine featurs on earlier firmwares like the homebrew app that unlocks your wma support for earlier versions....soon the usb itself will be a exploit!!!!! lol

cloud_952
April 28th, 2006, 08:06
Not just a double-posting.. O_O But the infamous TRIPLE post!

Sorry, just joking.

Anyway, that sounds interesting. Hopefully they'll actually use these features instead of just having them around.. ^^

dragaron
April 28th, 2006, 12:35
I've never double or triple-posted. How and why do people do that? Is it a technical error, or an error on the users end?

Not just a double-posting.. O_O But the infamous TRIPLE post!

Sorry, just joking.

Anyway, that sounds interesting. Hopefully they'll actually use these features instead of just having them around.. ^^

cloud_952
April 28th, 2006, 12:47
99/100 times, it's a technical error. The person maybe clicks "post" more than once (ever wonder why places tell you to click the button only once? This is why), or reloads the a page a resubmits it. It's usually a trivial user-error, but sometimes it's server-side (though very rarely). ^_^

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 15:07
or someone just wants more posts credit. wow! It really sounds like the FW is getting more tempting... it's gonna support GPS! and a microphone and all the doo-dads. I use PSPKick, so it would be really cool to save my music then record the vocals right on my PSP. My li'l portable studio!

zackforbing
April 28th, 2006, 15:26
or someone just wants more posts credit. wow! It really sounds like the FW is getting more tempting... it's gonna support GPS! and a microphone and all the doo-dads. I use PSPKick, so it would be really cool to save my music then record the vocals right on my PSP. My li'l portable studio!
you forget that upgrading to this firmware will not allow you to run PSPKick. tempting, maybe when they hack it.

Athlonman74
April 28th, 2006, 15:54
GPS though is a very tempting feature for me...wonder how much the GPS adapter will cost...would be perfect for fishing...

IndianCheese
April 28th, 2006, 20:24
How did he see the new files when there is no exploit to view them?

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 21:38
Can't you just PSARdump them?

snkrock25
April 28th, 2006, 23:06
psardump wont work when i try it on 2.6 :\

acn010
April 29th, 2006, 05:11
Like...... So Many Functions Are Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

acn010
April 29th, 2006, 05:22
im just thinking, is it possible in the future an eloader comes to function on the internet browser? i kept thinking cause i saw some homebrews such as the XIS design uses the internet browser and also the browser reads the files that are saved on the mem stick. isn't it obvious, im i wrong, is it possible?
bleh, now im confused

BALL_SAC
April 29th, 2006, 06:39
This sounds interesting.... I hope in the near future, somebody like fanjita, ect, will find a way to exploit via macromedia flash, or something else. I dont care how cool 2.7 sounds right now thou, I will not upgrade for anything... im already stuck at a crappy ass 2.6 :( waiting for a downgrader for that, if thats even possable.

Raekwik11
April 29th, 2006, 19:13

Thats going to be cool if you can lay down a verse after producing a beat with psp kick.

kfish2oo2
April 29th, 2006, 23:42
All these things sound cool, but theres no way any of them have any exploits. Since Sony seems so determined to block all attempts at homebrew on any new firmware version, its pretty obvious they'll know to check and recheck for any possible exploits. And no matter how savy our beloved hackers get, their opposites on the Sony side are doing this for money, and thats one very powerful incentive. I've more or less given up on homebrew since I foolishly upgarded in order to play Daxter, but in fairness it was nearly worth it. Would you rather play a well written, well presented and graphicly superior game, or a buggy 2D homebrew game?
Homebrew on the PSP is, sadly, going to die.

acn010
April 30th, 2006, 00:24
im just thinking, is it possible in the future an eloader comes to function on the internet browser? i kept thinking cause i saw some homebrews such as the XIS design uses the internet browser and also the browser reads the files that are saved on the mem stick. isn't it obvious, im i wrong, is it possible?
bleh, now im confused