PDA

View Full Version : Minter shooting back on Arcade

wraggster
April 28th, 2006, 15:45
Legendary developer and llama farmer Jeff Minter is working on a new game, which is believed to be for the Xbox Live Arcade. Following the canning of Unity, his joint project with Peter Molyneux, Minter has discussed his rediscovery of the development muse on his blog.

"Finally starting to get a grip on this new game. Always takes a while at first and there are times of floating around with that feeling of 'I promised I would make an excellent game but I'm not feeling it yet', but it has ever been thus. In truth it's always been that way. It was exactly that way when I said I'd do Tempest 2000. I was certain the entire Jaguar community would laugh and point at me because of the crapness of what I'd made."

The last couple of weeks I've had a couple of good points of traction. One being feeling something of how I want the control and firing to be, and the other being today, building in a nice p-system generator to use for the explosions and stuff... At the moment it feels like it's starting to shake down well, the initial ideas resolving into things you can actually bolt game mechanic on."

As that blog extract cryptically suggests, Minter's new game will be a shoot-em-up. And as early visuals he posted on his blog confirm, it will look not unlike his psychedelic light synths, the most recent being Neon, which is built into the Xbox 360.

No such thing as a release date for Minter's latest project yet, but you can keep up to speed by keeping your eyes on his blog.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=138730

Hawq
April 28th, 2006, 18:52
Live Yaks?