PDA

View Full Version : I'll let you figure this one out for a change

Pages : [1] 2

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 18:59
I'll let you figure this one out for a change.

I'm exausted from trying to figure out things atm. So now is your turn to figure this picture out.

Enjoy
:D

--edit--
Fixed a missing rdp op in F3DEX, Mario kart now runs. See two screenshots.

Cap'n 1time
April 28th, 2006, 19:00
mmm starfox

DPyro
April 28th, 2006, 19:01
Ya! I'm da Best! :D

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 19:05
$n!pR gets 100% credit on this one.

The bug was Eeprom. While mario & waverace still dont work, I think ths more has to do with emulation bugs (made a few trying to get mario working). All 3 roms (which required 4k eeprom) now progress.

Starfox does get alot farter then this, it's just the map screen is very hard to figure out (hle bugs). I probably could get all the way ingame but did not have the time to check it out. $n!pR will do that for me in a big and come back with the results later.

MonoLoco
April 28th, 2006, 19:12
W00t, awesome job...looks like the next build probably won't be so far off.

DPyro
April 28th, 2006, 19:17
For those that are interested (probably everyone) you can see how many games will possibly start to work here (http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html) ;)

kale
April 28th, 2006, 19:35
cool, good luck with mario and the rest of the games.

Demolition49
April 28th, 2006, 19:48
Well, im actually not surprised, i have begun to expect the sort of standard of speed from PSmonkey (its a complimet... hes good coder)

Accordion
April 28th, 2006, 20:39
never had an n64 so these are wild guesses based on the right hand silhouette, dont laugh!
Gex ???
Harvest Moon ???
Pokemon ???
Zelda ???(didnt think it was possible, definately not)

I highly doubt all of them...oh well I tried

bugo
April 28th, 2006, 20:40
so farooofffaaaa

bugo
April 28th, 2006, 20:40
goood goooooooood w0000t

Accordion
April 28th, 2006, 20:45
bugo, i think your keyboard is broooookkkkkkkennnnnn

Quick question PSmonkey what is the descision upon IRIS controls???
the iris progress thread seems to have died

DPyro
April 28th, 2006, 20:52
Heres one of Starfox in colour (somewhat).

Shilo
April 28th, 2006, 21:43
:eek:! STAR FOX WORKS:eek:! Seems like a new game is starting to work every day:D

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 21:48
On that list it says "Banjo-Kazooie" and "Mario Kart 64". $n!pR have you tried either of those and do they do anything?

bugo
April 28th, 2006, 22:14
sorry by the other posts guys, it was a friend of mine... :)
he likes the emu too.

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 22:16
On that list it says "Banjo-Kazooie" and "Mario Kart 64". $n!pR have you tried either of those and do they do anything?

I think banjo is 32 megs. It wont fit.

As for mario kart, give me a bit. ;)

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 22:22
PSmonkey what do mean by give me a bit? like your going to try it now :) or you need more time to work with the emulator. Anyway isn't Eeprom where the the cartridge stores saves and the like so you don't need a memory card? (i don't know much about this stuff :D )

odino
April 28th, 2006, 22:25
Turok 2? I love it... :rolleyes:

Ah, Banjo-Kazooie is 16 mb unzipped. ;)

Kite0
April 28th, 2006, 22:36
Awesome! I'm really amazed at how fast this emu has improved (I've been checking in regulary since the realease of the Nincest thing) and WOW it's simply amazing how it went from little bars and blocks to what it is now!

Whew... I needed to let that out.

Cap'n 1time
April 28th, 2006, 22:38
i bomberman 64 possible? its one of my favorites... ever...

Shilo
April 28th, 2006, 22:44
Awesome! I'm really amazed at how fast this emu has improved (I've been checking in regulary since the realease of the Nincest thing) and WOW it's simply amazing how it went from little bars and blocks to what it is now!

Whew... I needed to let that out.

It defintaly has come along way from moving bars and blocks:D This emu is so awesome!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next build!

DPyro
April 28th, 2006, 22:52
i bomberman 64 possible? its one of my favorites... ever...
Still needs to add opcodes for Bomberman to work...

EDIT: Sorry TLB :D

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 23:05
Sorry I got distracted.

I fixed some bugs that stoped mario kart from working. Mario kart now runs. It gets in game but I can't see anything.

Anyway do enjoy. If I can fix out alot of rsp bugs and make mario kart & starfox more playable, I will get a build out but dont exspect anything in the next few days. I have a project going alpha at work on monday so I will be ungodly busy this weekend.

PSmonkey what do mean by give me a bit? like your going to try it now :) or you need more time to work with the emulator. Anyway isn't Eeprom where the the cartridge stores saves and the like so you don't need a memory card? (i don't know much about this stuff :D )

Needed a sec to fix a bug in mario kart.

Yes eeprom is used for storing game saves. My bug was that I did not respond to the eeprom commands. I now respond but I still am not saving the eeprom save yet (will before release). So saves dont work but they dont hault the emulation.

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 23:06
Still needs to add opcodes for Bomberman to work...

Actualy wrong. I found out bomberman does not work due to the lack of tlb emulation. It's on the list of things todo since mario wont work ingame without it.

Cooe14
April 28th, 2006, 23:15
So your saying we can expect a build in like the next couple of weeks. Awesome! And the Banjo rom is 16mb so maybe that might work.

PSmonkey
April 28th, 2006, 23:30
So your saying we can expect a build in like the next couple of weeks. Awesome! And the Banjo rom is 16mb so maybe that might work.

$n!pR tried. There is an invalid read. Gonna look at it later.

Infernux
April 28th, 2006, 23:36
YESS!!!! starfox is playable, great work psmonkey, can't wait for that build to be out. Take your time, don't push yourself 2 far, we don't want making bugs instead of fixing them.

Lumir
April 28th, 2006, 23:36
Nice work! Just seeing that mario cart screen made me leap of joy! I just cant wait i just cant wait i just cant wait... lol. Good job, keep up the good work, and omg is dis fo realz!?!?! ;)

Shilo
April 28th, 2006, 23:41
:eek: YAAAAAAAAAAA MARIO KART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job PSmonkey!:D

idapimp
April 28th, 2006, 23:41
all i can really say is DAMN!!! I LOVE THIS SHIZIT!

stotheamuel
April 28th, 2006, 23:53
holy christ.... great work

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 00:06
:eek: I just saw the screen shots of Mario Kart 64, and ........................................ I'm speechless

Timale-Kun
April 29th, 2006, 00:10
So wonderful!!!! it keeps going well done PSMonkey

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 00:11
Just wait for the NEW pics to come :p

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 00:12
lol this is SO AWESOME, will there be new pics within the next few hours? i cant WAIT to see more!!

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 00:13
New pics???????????????? Come on show us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your_flys_open
April 29th, 2006, 00:27
:( right when this thing is gettin REALLY good progress my psp breaks down. i gues ill send it bak to sony and hope i dont get a 2.7 back

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 00:32
Heres new pics. Enjoy!

stotheamuel
April 29th, 2006, 00:34
incredible.. looks like this is turning out amazing...

Aww i remember the good old nincest days and now this
---
and ingame OVER 10 fps HELL YEAH

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 00:37
Holly Shit dude. I have not even gotten that. How the hell you doing this.

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 00:41
:( right when this thing is gettin REALLY good progress my psp breaks down. i gues ill send it bak to sony and hope i dont get a 2.7 back

You won't get a 2.70 version back...and this still runs in usermode so you'll be able to play it with 2.6 or lower :)

Shilo
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
That............ is................ AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't belive this has gone from squares and rectangles in Mortal Kombat and running at 5fps to Mario Kart running at 8-10fps!!!!! PSmonkey, you are the best coder for the PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPyro
Holly Shit dude. I have not even gotten that. How the hell you doing this.
I am GOD! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 00:42
looking sweet!

stotheamuel
April 29th, 2006, 00:51
I am GOD! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!! :D

$nipR's 5(im too lazy to think of 10) commandments
1. thou shalt not spam the forums.
2. thou shalt not mention donkey
3. assume wrong and never argue w/ 733t
4. thou shallt not ask when a new update comes out

hmm maybe only 4 im done

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 00:55
hey monkey with the way that mario kart 64 is looking, any chance that you could try getting that working for now?

edit: never mind sounds like that is your plan for now, hope it works out.

middlemaniac
April 29th, 2006, 01:23
HOLY ****! PSMONKEY, you got Mario Kart to run at 8-10 fps! YOU ARE A GOd!!! Mario Kart is da best and it looks like the best game playing right now! You can even see the kart of luigi I think!

Cap'n 1time
April 29th, 2006, 01:35
is speed increase in the works for the future? or will we always be kind of limited to these 1/6th speed framerates? dont let this question get anyone down... just wondering if there is already a foreseeable method of increasing the speed.

middlemaniac
April 29th, 2006, 01:38
Well, once PSmonkey gets all the textures working correctly and the speed up, it will be awesome!

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 01:52
is speed increase in the works for the future? or will we always be kind of limited to these 1/6th speed framerates? dont let this question get anyone down... just wondering if there is already a foreseeable method of increasing the speed.
I'm not PSmonkey and I am not a geinus at this stuff but right now roms are being emulated by an interperter (runs the N64 code) which is very slow. I'm am guessing that when roms start to work well (in terms of the way it loads and looks) he will begin work on a dynamic recompiler (converts the N64 code into PSP code so it can be read natively) which would give a big boost in speed.

I could be entirely wrong :) and PSmonkey is the only one who really could tell you if there is going to be better speed.

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 01:57
yeah i dont think monkey has even started a dynamic recompiler. but if he does make one we should see huge speed increases.

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:00
First things first...Get textures working properly. When thats done, I think we can move on to a dynamic recompiler.

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 02:07
So $n!pR how much money do you want for a copy of the emulator ;)

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:08
Lol...Just donate to PSmonkey and that should be fine :D

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 02:14
Are you serious :confused: If i donate he/you will give me a copy, and I thought he wasn't accepting donations yet.

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 02:18
hey sniper!

do u think it would be possible if u can put up more screen shots not only of mario kart but a couple that we havent seen. it would mean alot :)

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:19
Lol...You will recieve a copy same as everyone else when M64 is ready :p

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:21
hey sniper!

do u think it would be possible if u can put up more screen shots not only of mario kart but a couple that we havent seen. it would mean alot :)
I will post up more later when I have the time/have more pics to post.

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 02:23
First things first...Get textures working properly. When thats done, I think we can move on to a dynamic recompiler.

yeah i didnt mean that if he made one this second, even if he did it wouldnt help because there is still so many issues.

I also would like to see some screens of other games, think you could try Harvest moon or Super smash bros.

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:31
Harvest Moon 64 CIC-NUS-6102 SRAM
Super Smash Bros. CIC-NUS-6103 SRAM

Both are using SRAM so dunno if they will even work.

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 02:33
really? that sucks.
do you think PSmonkey is going to fix the sram feature.

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 02:35
Not right now. They may still work, only the 4kbit roms really matter right now. Plus you have the ones that use the controller pak, and ones that dont require any primary save.

bugo
April 29th, 2006, 02:35
wwwwooow! the best progress seen here... good work guys!

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 02:37
Not right now. They may still work, only the 4kbit roms really matter right now.

well thanks anyways. Atleast we still have mario kart to look forward to. I hope monkey can get a build out soon.

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 02:57
one question?

Is PSMONKEY doing all this programming by himself? Because hes doing an incredible job just for one programmer

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 03:00
Yes but I think he is getting some help from Zilmar of Project 64.

SSaxdude
April 29th, 2006, 03:02
Good work PSMonkey and $n!pR. I have two questions, will Monkey64 be released when it can run one game very well or many games? Or will it be released when that dynamic recomplier or whatever is made into the emulator? Anyway, I'd just like to say great work, and I'd be willing to beta test (I have a lot of free time.)

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 03:05
lol :D SSaxdude I think everyone (including me) would want to beta test it because it has to be the biggest psp project ever.

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 03:06
I think PSmonkey will release a public version very soon (as in within 1 week). But dont qoute me on that. Probably have a new version out when textures are working better and Mario64 is working (almost is now).

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 03:06
haha ya i know wat u mean, i also have alot of free timw on my hands, i used to be a beta tester for snes9xTYL. i wouldnt mind being a beta tester for Monkey 64, it would be AWESOME!! so psmonkey if u ever need a beta tester, IM RIGHT HERE :P

P.S Is psmonkey still working on it as we speak?

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 03:07
Nah I think we got enough now :p

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 03:12
I could beta test i'm homeschooled this year so I have all day everyday (Which I usually spend here in PSmonkeys pen waiting for updates). I also want to learn more about coding and emulation than I know now.
Who else is testing $n!pR? I know of only you and that girl on PSPupdates.

chad69
April 29th, 2006, 03:32
I could beta test i'm homeschooled this year so I have all day everyday (Which I usually spend here in PSmonkeys pen waiting for updates). I also want to learn more about coding and emulation than I know now.
Who else is testing $n!pR? I know of only you and that girl on PSPupdates.
same hear

Mourningstar
April 29th, 2006, 03:36
Yawn............. ;p

But seriously, nice work, I cant wait for a final build....its just hard for me to get excited about something at this stage.....

Erban
April 29th, 2006, 03:46
Yeah this is all coming together now

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 03:57
Update: Cameleon Twist works. Heres some pics :)

PSPdemon
April 29th, 2006, 04:00
man...this emulator is coming along so fast...

Good Job... hope to see more things come up as compatible :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 04:46
even more screens!
looking great.

stotheamuel
April 29th, 2006, 05:11
Harvest Moon 64 CIC-NUS-6102 SRAM
Super Smash Bros. CIC-NUS-6103 SRAM

Both are using SRAM so dunno if they will even work.

Aww if SSB doesnt work ill cry

CatfishD
April 29th, 2006, 05:32
Awesome progress- good luck along the way psmonkey.

crazyjohn
April 29th, 2006, 05:40
The screeny that I loved was the one of the 3d spinning Nintendo logo running at over 30fps!!!!! Great work!!!!!. I havent had any internet for a while and finally got to check back. What you have achieved in my absence is incredible last time i checks mortal combat had just started to work. Keep up the great work monkey man!!

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 05:57
just remember some credit goes to sn!per, he was the one that made some games progress to where they are, for example (all of the screen shots so far), but thanx alot sniper we appreciate it haha.

Wally
April 29th, 2006, 06:07
$n!pR gets 100% credit on this one.

The bug was Eeprom. While mario & waverace still dont work, I think ths more has to do with emulation bugs (made a few trying to get mario working). All 3 roms (which required 4k eeprom) now progress.

Starfox does get alot farter then this, it's just the map screen is very hard to figure out (hle bugs). I probably could get all the way ingame but did not have the time to check it out. $n!pR will do that for me in a big and come back with the results later.

hey didnt i say something about mario needing an eeprom some time ago :P U just ignored me :) NVM

Well done

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 06:28
Just a few questions for psmonkey.

1.Would emulating sound on M64 decrease the framerate drastically or just a bit?

2.after your done with all the texters and bugs you said u'd make an Dynamic recompiler, after that is finished how man fps do u think m64 will emulate?

3.i already know the answer to this but do u thinks its possible that zelda would ever work, i know its a big rom but ya know?

4.how long do u think you will be working on M64 for? i really hope u can make this emulator as playable as possible.

5. Do u thinks the media engine can make a big difference with this emulator? bcuz when yoyofr tried full sound on the ME he had huge problem, and still is today thats why the new snes9xTYL is taking so long to release.

well thats all the questions i have for now i hope u can answer them :)
thanx alot psmonkey.

Wally
April 29th, 2006, 06:31
Kev you tried Goldeneye Yet?

Just to answer one question

3. Zelda may work if something is done about the memory limitation. Something like virtual memory (but much much betteR) will be implemented

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 06:34
umm...wat do u mean by virtual memory? and how would it be implemented?

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 06:38
Sorry wally. You did but sniper finaly gave me the proof that it was worth checking (by turning 4k eeprom games to 16k eeproms, if I did not see that this caused a 1:1 effect, I would have not checked more).

Anyways a few thing. I am not in need of testers at the moment. Sorry, when I get close to release I will start giving builds out to some of you guys that are here on my forums (but please dear god dont bug me for it).

At the moment the only official people who get builds are Sniper, Wally, Eva8 (of psp forums, btw its a man), & a moderater from psp-hacks (mods are kewl there, admins suck balls). Sniper & wally do general testing to see whats up, Eva does compatibility list and the mod form psp-hacks was more just to have a trusted person on another site verify my emulator.

Now on to other things, I will get a build out as soon as enough gfx issues are cleared up so we can actualy play mario kart & starfox with out much problems (its hard to see atm). As well I want to get 2d stuff fixed. Once this is done a build is going up (maybe be a few weeks but will be in may). So it's comming.

I will eventualy suport all save states before the next official build. With that said, flash & sram are not handled the same way eeprom is. Flash & sram are done via PI transfers, Eeprom is done via Pif emulation via the controller bus. eeprom is more strict and required a message return, Flash & sram do not, just a simple interupt. So as is games that do flash & sram work just fine. Mempak is not an issue as games check first if one exsist and I am purposly forcing that the controller port is empty (no rumble or mempak).

So speaking of sram games. I gave smash bros a quick test. It sadly does not work yet its not that bad. The game does not work yes since I do not emulate the required microcode (F3DEX2). So when added it should show up something. I would implement F3DEX2 now but its much more complex then F3DEX (starfox/mario kart) or Fast3D (super mario).

One last thing, I plan to spend a little time this weekend checking out more on the fast3d microcode. Mario & waverace crash when using fast3d yet run then hang when using F3DEX. Mario is supost to use fast3d & waverace uses a modified Fast3D called Fast3DEx. So hopefuly I can find the bug and get thies going.

Well thats all for now. Hopefuly Sniper will find us some more stuff tomorrow.

stotheamuel
April 29th, 2006, 06:43
yay magnificent closure now i can sleep i knew you would answer my ssb crisis

keep up the good work

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 06:44
Sounds good to me. Everyone cannot possibly ask anymore questions can they?

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 06:47
Just a few questions for psmonkey.

1.Would emulating sound on M64 decrease the framerate drastically or just a bit?
Yes it will since all the audio processing will have to be emulated. Yet sound emulation is not critical to emulating a game. So I plan to leave the option so you can turn it off or not. As well down the line I might move sound code to the ME (for 1.5 users only, still will be a build thats 2.0 compatible) like the snes team is doing. Since sound does not have to be finished for the cpu to continue.

2.after your done with all the texters and bugs you said u'd make an Dynamic recompiler, after that is finished how man fps do u think m64 will emulate?
I will do a dynamic recompiler when I feel the interpreter base & the rest of the emulation is solid enough. Pretty much I need to be playing mario & others perfectly first before i touch one.

Once done it should realistly give us between 30-60fps. Already in interpretation we have games giving us a reasonable 10-15fps.

3.i already know the answer to this but do u thinks its possible that zelda would ever work, i know its a big rom but ya know?
In the future 100%. I just need to take care of other things first. Then I will hit up zelda.

4.how long do u think you will be working on M64 for? i really hope u can make this emulator as playable as possible.
Untill I feel satisfied. Even when I have mario 64 running on my psp at 30-60fps I wont feel satisfied. I want to have a decent running n64 emulator that can run a majority of the games pretty well.

5. Do u thinks the media engine can make a big difference with this emulator? bcuz when yoyofr tried full sound on the ME he had huge problem, and still is today thats why the new snes9xTYL is taking so long to release.
In General emulation no. In sound emulation, It should be perfect for it.

Over all in general there are many issues with using the ME that must be sorted out before many progress far. The snes9x team is really doing a great job plowing though where nobody else is going still.

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 06:56
I am offially happy :), i really think ur one of the best psp coders out there, your really determined to get this emulator wokring and i admire that, but thanx alot for answering my questions i appreciate it.
Keep up the great work Psmonkey

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 06:58
Np, I prefer people know and understand things insted of making ignorant guesses. It works quite well since quite a few here are not fully sure but are now making accurate technical guesses with out realising that.

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 07:08
lol, i know wat you mean, i know the basics of emulation on the psp but it seems a little confusing at times. i actually tried learning how to code but i think its really hard, this is the reason i admire coders. its takes alot of years of experience to get where u are in coding, am i right?

infernomax
April 29th, 2006, 07:18
Untill I feel satisfied. Even when I have mario 64 running on my psp at 30-60fps I wont feel satisfied. I want to have a decent running n64 emulator that can run a majority of the games pretty well.

Great to hear PSmonkey, You've made a ton of progress in the last months ... thanX for the constant updates!!

insaciable
April 29th, 2006, 08:08
PSMonkey:
Emulator to 30-60 Fps.

Single I can say that PSMonkey is a God, the best programmer of PSP without a doubt some, best homebrew of history in PSP.

continue its superb work ;)

Stealth Kill
April 29th, 2006, 09:12
holy shit

Inu268
April 29th, 2006, 09:15
really impressive....i brought a n64 back 97 and never get to play many games because of the high prices down here....and never could emulate it in my s*** computer....keep it up!

marco9999
April 29th, 2006, 09:42
Nice PSMonkey... Cant wait for a Fully Featured N64 Emulator :)

kersplatty
April 29th, 2006, 11:34
i am uploadin sum vids i got frm the mods at psp-hacks... :D
all done:
http://rapidshare.de/files/19186796/monkey64vids.rar.html

Ahmed_p800
April 29th, 2006, 11:49
You are the BEST psp coder until now (But not a GOD)

And I think you emulator is better than ISO loaders and others :D

I cant wait for for mario64 because every time I played it I couldn't finish it :(

And I wish you could make a build for 1.50 users (hardware emulation) so that we can play at higher speeds(fps)

And sn!per you are PSmonkey right hand

Just Keep up the good work

And you know not only english countries and forums talk about you

But even here in Arab countries and froum (you are famous like Bill Gates and others :D )

SO dont let us down!

Wally
April 29th, 2006, 12:25
Since when is Bill Gates famous?? He earns money. Big deal. I know he is famous for a few dumb things but never smart.

1) Releasing windows

2) Blue Screening at nearly every windows announcement.

I guess its life for him :)

Anyway back on topic.

I guess im god too but got yelled at. Sn!pR solved that problem :D

Poor old wally would like to be known like Sn!pR, instead of rotting away in the darkness :(

maxi_jac
April 29th, 2006, 12:48
Hi PSmonkey , it is a really impresive work :)

I have just a quick question, what do you think of games which required the extension pack thing ? ( perfect dark for exemple)

I can't wait for a next relase and for mario kart running :) :)

++ Good luck ;)

Demolition49
April 29th, 2006, 13:53
I just read through all the pages and im shocked ... i missed so much !!!!

I only went to bed coz i was tiered from exams and then i see this, this has made me feel good.

PSmonkey and $niper got alot of admirers out there.

Glad to hear a new build seems to be on its way, and alot of questions have been answered...

I missed too much after like 10 hours lol.

Timale-Kun
April 29th, 2006, 13:55
Improved my technical knowledge thanks to u PSMonkey^^

daurnimator
April 29th, 2006, 14:18
would love to see this running

if only i didn't have 2.60

sony really ****ed me on that repair.

psmonkey do you ever think you can get full fps with sound without the ME?
also, is there anywhere i can contact you personally? - eg, IRC, or msn?

btw, hi timale ;D

ENG
April 29th, 2006, 15:06
Just here to say....!WOW!
Thank you so much for working on this great emulator, i have every bit of faith in you.

Demolition49
April 29th, 2006, 15:15

btw, hi timale ;D

Its in user mode so using the gta hack u can use PSmonkeys emulator so be happy.

Timale-Kun
April 29th, 2006, 15:21
Its in user mode so using the gta hack u can use PSmonkeys emulator so be happy.

The emulator is in user mode, you're right, but according to PSMonkey, to add sound, use the ME might be needed, and the ME (Media Engine) is avaible on 1.5, but not on 2.XX

DarkPSP
April 29th, 2006, 15:34
Yes! I'm so happy you finally found out to get these games working. Thanks a lot keep up your hard work like you have for the past 5 or 6 months.

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 16:18
So for Mario Kart, all that's left is HLE and screen flickering?

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 16:28
You are the BEST psp coder until now (But not a GOD)

And I think you emulator is better than ISO loaders and others :D

I cant wait for for mario64 because every time I played it I couldn't finish it :(

And I wish you could make a build for 1.50 users (hardware emulation) so that we can play at higher speeds(fps)

And sn!per you are PSmonkey right hand

Just Keep up the good work

And you know not only english countries and forums talk about you

But even here in Arab countries and froum (you are famous like Bill Gates and others :D )

SO dont let us down!

Thats really cool to hear. Make sure to tell all of them I am happy they suport my project. :)

This project is really going across many different countrys and languages. Our good friend Timale-Kun here has been keeping the word going for french psp gamers as well. :D

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 16:31
Since when is Bill Gates famous?? He earns money. Big deal. I know he is famous for a few dumb things but never smart.

1) Releasing windows

2) Blue Screening at nearly every windows announcement.

I guess its life for him :)

Anyway back on topic.

I guess im god too but got yelled at. Sn!pR solved that problem :D

Poor old wally would like to be known like Sn!pR, instead of rotting away in the darkness :(

Bill gates is not dumb. He is actualy a very smart buisness man. Microsoft would not be where it is today with out him being that good. Microsoft is not #1 by random dumb luck. :)

Also wally not rotting away. Wally still apart of the project like others.

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 16:32
So for Mario Kart, all that's left is HLE and screen flickering?

well all the HLE needs fixing due to texture bugs, geometry transformation errors & screen flickering.

PSP Fanatic
April 29th, 2006, 16:45
Wow what progress! The screenshots are actually pretty good!

maxi_jac
April 29th, 2006, 16:58
Yes, i'm french too, and i am sure you are one of the most known coders in the psp scene ;)

++ B.

kersplatty
April 29th, 2006, 17:17
is quest running better now? or is it still the same?

Cap'n 1time
April 29th, 2006, 17:22
we, the Presbyterians, also suport you. ?!

idapimp
April 29th, 2006, 17:34
and us damn americans

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 17:36
wow alot has happened in one day.... good to see all the support as well. GO TEAM MONKEY!

- my last post is a bit confused, sorry, i had been up the last three nights completing a 5000 word paper on Kandinsky and his Theosophy influenced colour- shape theory. BLows the mind, as does the progress on this emulator

BOOM!!

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 18:02
Good job PSmonkey! I can wait four weeks.

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 19:23
Np, I prefer people know and understand things insted of making ignorant guesses. It works quite well since quite a few here are not fully sure but are now making accurate technical guesses with out realising that.
I don't get what your trying to say. please explain :confused:

Demolition49
April 29th, 2006, 19:29
He means people are getting better at understanding technical stuff.

Psycho77
April 29th, 2006, 19:46
Technical what ? ! ;)

Nice progress it's always exciting to see more. I should do a video if I got time, always neet to see stuff in action.

metaldrmmer666
April 29th, 2006, 20:27
Way to go Psmonkey!!

Dmill
April 29th, 2006, 20:51
Monkey i MAY have found a way to run large roms. i am no genius when it comes to this stuff but i remember strictly your problem being the size of roms and the limited amount of ram?? yes no? just an i dear i was just messing with an iso i wanted shrunk (my backup) and i came a cross a program which you can split the files into two seperate files which decreases the size and then you can possibly play the roms as two separate games. when you get to a certain part in one you just play the next. if you are interested towards the end ill find up that program and give it to you. ill look back later.

Zeemon
April 29th, 2006, 20:53
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was talked about before. I think it has to be one file...

bugo
April 29th, 2006, 20:56
we brazilians support you aswell, go forward monkey!

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 20:57
I think that it was brought up before too, somebody had Zelda Oracrina of Time in like 2 or 3 differnt files, but they had to be put back toghter to run.

Shadowblind
April 29th, 2006, 21:01
it doesnt make logical sense as to why certain size ROMs dont work. I truely dont care how "technical" you get, all the people I know (more then 1) said that it is readily possible to configure any type of ROM size to work on PSP, as long as it fits on the memory card.

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 21:03
Hey Psmonkey

when are u planning on making a new GUI?

disturbed19
April 29th, 2006, 21:04
it has to do with the RAM of the psp or something. not the memory card.

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 21:07
I don't think you could split roms, and have it still function properly.

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 21:07
Would be great if the only thing you needed to run big roms like Paper Mario, was a bigger memory card, but PSmonkey will come up with something:D

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 21:12
A GUI would be cool! Just a simple GUI though.

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 29th, 2006, 21:17
Would be great if the only thing you needed to run big roms like Paper Mario, was a bigger memory card, but PSmonkey will come up with something:D
And with Zilmar helping him, the new build will be a internet phenomenon!

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 21:32
It defenitly will:D

Inu268
April 29th, 2006, 21:38
it doesnt make logical sense as to why certain size ROMs dont work. I truely dont care how "technical" you get, all the people I know (more then 1) said that it is readily possible to configure any type of ROM size to work on PSP, as long as it fits on the memory card.
yeah as long as it fits your memory stick you can put it in there, but the psp has fairly limited amount of RAM compared to the n64 and the emulator itself use some it,so if the game uses up more than what is left it would crash the psp or something...i think there is a way around that but i know nothing anyway
[EDIT]
as for splitting the rom, it has nothing to do with the ram but there is a reason it works with isos but not with roms....just turn on a psp/x/2 and starts playing a game,then just remove the umd/cd/dvd....you can still play without the media until the games needs to load again...someone could give a better explanation on this one but you can get what i am trying to say

lunasicc
April 29th, 2006, 22:11
Well maybe they can implement a code where if the PSP ran out of RAM memory, it goes to the Memory stick and creates "Virtual Memory" just like a PC does. Maybe thats one possibility in playing larger roms? I don't know....I am no computer expert or programmer just giving ideas.

Also there is a bad side in having "Virtual Memory" unlike memory stored on the RAM, access to virtual memory on a PC can have negative effects on its performance. This could lead to slow emulation and maybe other problems on the PSP.

PSmonkey
April 29th, 2006, 22:15
Few things

1) Mem stick writes are slow so virtual memory is worthless
2) N64 access the cart alot. So some form of an inteligent system is needed.
3) N64 had 4MB of shared ram (plus 4k tmem). Psp has 32MB of ram + VRAM. 24 MB is avalible to the coder, 8MB is locked up by the kernal.
4) Large roms can work. The problem is making a method that does not access the memory card for more data that often. The more mem stick reads the slower the emulation will be (like even less then a frame a second).

vettacossx
April 29th, 2006, 22:28
gr8 work again psp monkey!!! i know the last time i had pm you about jabo of the pj64 team he had said he was to busy to help out...(lame but what do i know maybe he is) has this changed at all since zilmer has been helping out.....or do you think it may when the time comes for recompiling he could be a gr8 asset but i get the vibe hes not such a team player.....id love to be corrected....please tell me theres a chance we could have all 3 of the most knolledgable n64 peeps on this project its comming along soooo much faster im very very anxious like a lil kidd waiting for the ultra n6 back in the day!!! gr8 work and thanx in advance!!

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 22:29
You will figure out something PSmonkey!!!!!!!!!! Then I'll need a bigger memory stick to put some N64 roms on (right now I have a 256mb):D

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 22:36
256mb seems large enough for loads of roms
do you have that many N64 games to fill it?
surley you could fit the emu and one rom on the 32mb stick that comes "free"

Inu268
April 29th, 2006, 22:45
cutting down the times it has to read the MS...you could try to add some loading times there...like instead of reading the data every time it needs to,just read from point a to point b and then starts that....this way there wouldnt be any slowdown in the actual game, just some long loading times....i dont even know if that is possible it is just a guess

Accordion
April 29th, 2006, 22:58
Im guessing here but you would probably need to find out all the info on the game rom and make some sort of config file which tells the emu which bits to load when and which to remove from ram. that seems like it would work but you need to know exactly which info to load as the game progresses, that would need expert knowldedge of each rom.

i'm bored so heres an analogy--
a evil king expects a beautiful woman outside every window of his castle, offering themselves up to him, and there are hundreds of windows on the castle. if his demands arent met he will destroy the village. however there are only fifty beautiful women in the kingdomat at any one time, so if we know which window the king looks out of, and when, we can move the women to each window in pattern with the kings movements and he will never suspect a thing.
of course if he spots our trickery he will destroy the kingdom..

i dont know ive gone crazy i guess

BrooksyX
April 29th, 2006, 23:14
nice analogy. I am sure that eventually someone will think of something and it will work out perfect.

Shilo
April 29th, 2006, 23:15
256mb seems large enough for loads of roms
do you have that many N64 games to fill it?
surley you could fit the emu and one rom on the 32mb stick that comes "free"

Yes, I have to have that many N64 roms:D And with the 32mb stick, you could fit none of the bigger roms like Paper Mario and Zelda.

DPyro
April 30th, 2006, 00:13
It's a good thing I have a 1GB memstick :p

Shadowblind
April 30th, 2006, 00:25
Few things

4) Large roms can work. The problem is making a method that does not access the memory card for more data that often. The more mem stick reads the slower the emulation will be (like even less then a frame a second).
the fact that they work, even 1 fps, shows how it is physically possible to use massive n64 games on the PSP. Im sure somewhere out there is a program that will do exactly what we need to make Zelda and other large games to work on PSP.

T.M.F.P.A.P.P.D.E.M
April 30th, 2006, 00:34
It's a good thing I have a 1GB memstick :p
Damn! I have the standard 32 MB stick. I am in need of a serious upgrade.

V3N0M
April 30th, 2006, 02:03
i really am amazed with the progress psmonkey and thanx for your time and knowledge using it so many people can enjoy their psp

MonoLoco
April 30th, 2006, 04:28
PSMonkey, are you seriously considering using the memory stick for virtual memory? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that...wouldn't streaming data from the memory stick frequently greatly reduce the life of the memory stick? It wasn't really meant for type of thing, right?

Ehh, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm protective of my memory stick, it's a 1GB and I'm not planning on ever replacing it...

PSmonkey
April 30th, 2006, 08:26
Im not gonna do virtual memory. I'm gonna do something simular to data cache yet with tolerance. I'll have it probably load in 2-4 MB chunks for roms larger then 16MB, when a fetch is out of the cache it will get it from the memory stick. If the cache fails 2-3 times in a row then the cache will be dumped and new data will be loaded into cache.

again, it is not my consern to do this yet since most 32MB roms use more advance or custom microcodes (f3dex2). As a result wasting time on this now would yield zero results since the rsp/rdp emulation could not run the games in the first place. The only game that MIGHT work, and that is a huge one, is zelda64.

Anyway regarding monkey, i did not do much today due to time constraints. I did probe the opengl plugin that i based my hle emulation on. The plugin by default uses 4d cords (x,y,z,w). Psp only allows 3d cords. Yet for some reason when I transfer the cords to homogenious space (w = 1.0), the cordinates skew heavly (and to the same extend that they do in m64). So once I can figure this out or find a fix I should see a huge improvement in 3d.

Wally
April 30th, 2006, 08:37
Great! Now I see how this works..

Maybe its time to make an FAQ for those questions which are most commonly asked..

amadeus
April 30th, 2006, 09:02
Just had an idea about the large roms problem, I see by reading the above that a solution might be found anyway but here goes....

A large part of the 32meg etc would be textures right? How about when it tries to load a texture it gets replaced by a flat colour instead? If it could look at the texture and see the medium of all the colours use that colour. i.e say you've got a grass texture. It would see a file with light to dark green dots and shows a medium green flat colour.

Or maybe the textures in the original carts were not compressed in the most effient way and theres scope for recompressing the textures using a the jpg system etc..

Both ideas could be done at startup, the emu would scan the rom for all texture files then make a cache of the replacements.

Any just my idea, excuse it if it's rubbish but it's sunday morning and i've got a stinking hangover...

V3N0M
April 30th, 2006, 09:39
Hi PSmonkey just wondering about the m64 emu and the progress u have made on it (very impressed by the way.) well i was just wondering why u have your emu running in user mode instead of kernal witch i am told runs homebrew faster i know user mode will make 2.xx be able to play but just wondering why exactly? do u think u can make it run just as good? or are u going to do what yoyofr's team did and make one emu for kernal alowing it to run faster for 1.0 and 1.5 psp and then one in user mode alowing 2.xx to play anythin that makes m64 play faster and better and by the way thanx for your time and effort oh ya almost forgot do u think smash bros will work just wondering because its a great game but looking at it might have some problems with the emu well thanx

-Jman

Kite0
April 30th, 2006, 10:35
Though I am a couple hours/days/pages late to say this,
I would like to say that all Americans living in the Kaiserslautern American Military Communities
across the 3 major military bases here in Germany, give Psmonkey our support!!
Go Monkey!!

Demolition49
April 30th, 2006, 11:22
Just had an idea about the large roms problem, I see by reading the above that a solution might be found anyway but here goes....

A large part of the 32meg etc would be textures right? How about when it tries to load a texture it gets replaced by a flat colour instead? If it could look at the texture and see the medium of all the colours use that colour. i.e say you've got a grass texture. It would see a file with light to dark green dots and shows a medium green flat colour.

Or maybe the textures in the original carts were not compressed in the most effient way and theres scope for recompressing the textures using a the jpg system etc..

Both ideas could be done at startup, the emu would scan the rom for all texture files then make a cache of the replacements.

Any just my idea, excuse it if it's rubbish but it's sunday morning and i've got a stinking hangover...

It sounds like a good idea, but i THINK the problem with that would be loading time... we will have to see what monkey says...

insaciable
April 30th, 2006, 13:07
yes, the best thing to be to make a FAQ on all the doubts of the emulator...

LiNKZiE
April 30th, 2006, 13:31
after seeing those screenshots... wow i'm speechless!

psmonkey and sn!per keep up the great work!

and we here in sweden supports you as well!

dgm08
April 30th, 2006, 15:45
Simply amazing
this emulator is being built up from scratch isn't it?

Demolition49
April 30th, 2006, 16:16
Yes it is.

Psycho77
April 30th, 2006, 16:19
I was testing my new Sony T9 yesterday, but it's dark my GF was sleeping.

Im sure everyone love teaser videos:
http://rapidshare.de/files/19274774/quest-m64.wmv.html

ZFB8
April 30th, 2006, 16:35
Wow, nice video ^_^

I especially liked how you showed it on your PC as well, to show how it resembles it.

BrooksyX
April 30th, 2006, 16:57
I like the video, it really shows how well this emulator is coming along.

Cap'n 1time
April 30th, 2006, 17:24
wow... just wow.

sroon
April 30th, 2006, 17:24
Holy Tits!!(.)(.) I missede every thing because of work!
This is soo much to handle!! Great job!!

Psycho77
April 30th, 2006, 17:38
These are just videos that show the game are actually in the game.

Like mario kart 64, doom and tetris. Like "playable" but textures and stuff need to be fixed.

I could have posted screenshots I guess ;)

stotheamuel
April 30th, 2006, 17:42
those videos are sexy

im loving all this its going so fast

Demolition49
April 30th, 2006, 18:29
Yep cool, i would like to see more mario ... like a vid of luigi moving like the screen shot sniper posted...

GR8 work... yet again! :D

your_flys_open
April 30th, 2006, 19:05
the wuest vid was great. it really helps to have bothh the pc and psp emulation shown to tell us how far the progress is coming. :)

The Horny Antilope
April 30th, 2006, 20:47
this owns.... i <3 PSMonkey and everyone else working with Monkey64!! http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9508/kissing4xp.gif to everyone!!

ExcruciationX
April 30th, 2006, 20:53
this owns.... i <3 PSMonkey and everyone else working with Monkey64!! http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9508/kissing4xp.gif to everyone!!
Yes this "owns" Good job PSmonkey! And if anyone is wondering I am F4ith but I changed my name.

RaiderX
April 30th, 2006, 20:55
Yes this "owns" Good job PSmonkey! And if anyone is wondering I am F4ith but I changed my name.

Y? lol

Yea, nice vids, I also like the PC comparisons

ExcruciationX
April 30th, 2006, 21:01
Y? lol

Yea, nice vids, I also like the PC comparisons
Well, I didn't like my orignal "leet" name. My new name is more professional.

The Horny Antilope
April 30th, 2006, 21:05
For those that are interested (probably everyone) you can see how many games will possibly start to work here (http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html) ;)
link doesnt work for me :(

lildude9232
April 30th, 2006, 21:14
wow dudes great progress, i loved that quake video.. can anyone make like a mariokart video?? and will donkey kong64 be playable on monkey 64 cuz that was one of my favorites! thanks, and great work!

Ahmed_p800
April 30th, 2006, 21:14
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
it uppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

I dont know what to say more!!!!! :confused:

Psycho77
April 30th, 2006, 21:23
mario kart i have a video while loading but its boring and cannot see much. And I already posted one in game, nothing else really.

SSaxdude
April 30th, 2006, 21:50
The Quest 64 video is the best out of the four.

Master_shake329
April 30th, 2006, 22:00
psmonkey, did I ever tell you i love you?

ExcruciationX
April 30th, 2006, 22:09
psmonkey, did I ever tell you i love you?
We all love PSmonkey.

Cirus
April 30th, 2006, 22:16
this meant to be good or something, dunno if im seeing the same vids. kinda looks like a specy messed up

sroon
April 30th, 2006, 22:26
Its so cool and awsome that we (almost) can play n64 on a handheld.
Its like the greatest thing thay that happend to me.
And also My dad bet me 150$ that it would not happen but I know it will so half of it goes to PSmonkey!
Hurray!! (.)(.)

lildude9232
April 30th, 2006, 23:13
We all love PSmonkey.

lol thats kinda creepy, but yes its true =)

Evab3vA
April 30th, 2006, 23:19
We all love PSmonkey.

The monkey has enough love for everyone! ;)

calebg
April 30th, 2006, 23:27
oh my gohs the hype about M64 is as almost as big as my DICK

JUST PLAYN GOOD JOB

PSmonkey
April 30th, 2006, 23:35
Some of you guys are scaring me. I better look around before I go any where outside.
:eek:

Yay, You've finaly come to the pspuser10 free side. :)

lildude9232
May 1st, 2006, 00:06
so is quest pretty much the game that is the most playable at the moment? the video looked rlly nice

Wally
May 1st, 2006, 00:17
Especially when he runs around scratching his bum and screeching loudly then maybe swinging in the trees to get home from work (his computer is a banana FTW) :P (Just Kidding)

Quest 64 is indeed playable but only trouble is that the textures are drawing over the image which then we cant see what is happening. But its going well.

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 00:21
Sorry if I scared you, PSmonkey

Demolition49
May 1st, 2006, 00:23
LOL!!!! you guys like turned in to animals chasing PSmonkey.

:D ... i dont love you PSmonkey lol... but i admire your work.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 00:31
Random South Park Quote (modified):

"We love you PSmonkey! Make love to me PSmonkey!"

The Horny Antilope
May 1st, 2006, 00:33
huge thnx to SNIPER to!!!

DarkPSP
May 1st, 2006, 00:34
Awsome. This keeps getting better everyday now. It also looks like you got more people to help you with this. Keep it up.

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 00:45
LAMO Like demolition49 said we admire his work.

The Horny Antilope
May 1st, 2006, 00:45

btw, hi timale ;D
u can play M64 on 2.6 ;)

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 00:50
@(^_^)@

lildude9232
May 1st, 2006, 01:09
do you think the next public release will have quest playable?? it looks awsome

antibob72
May 1st, 2006, 01:14
How come no one else has been testing NES roms and the like on Monkey? I just tried Megaman 3 on the older build and this is as far as it got before booting me back out.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 01:16
Is that using the VNES emulator....

antibob72
May 1st, 2006, 01:18
:D Actually a program that converts NES roms into N64 roms. I found it because I wanted to see how emulators would work on monkey.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 01:23
Oh..where'd you find that.

kyle2194
May 1st, 2006, 01:34
Sniper, it is vnes. Look at the description http://www.zophar.net/consoles/n64.html

PSmonkey
May 1st, 2006, 01:34
He is using neon64 nes emu for n64. VNes emu works but I am unsure if neon works.

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 01:37
:D Actually a program that converts NES roms into N64 roms. I found it because I wanted to see how emulators would work on monkey.

:eek: Where you get that????????

Edit: Never mind

Posted by PSmonkey:
Some of you guys are scaring me. I better look around before I go any where outside.

And don't forget to lock your doors and windows:D

RaiderX
May 1st, 2006, 01:41
Yea link please, I want to see an NES to N64 converter.

You know what would be awesoem, to be able to convert GBA games to SNES, itll never happen though.. its fun to dream at least

antibob72
May 1st, 2006, 01:45
Oh..where'd you find that.
Actually it's Neon64 that I was using. I lost the link though.

EDIT: Wow, I reeeaallly need to bookmark Zophar's site.

PsychoSync
May 1st, 2006, 02:02
Zophar was until now the BEST source for emulation, but now it looks dead, no more updates, no more good news... What happened to Zophar?

PSmonkey
May 1st, 2006, 02:12
Guys, It's not a converter. Its just a Nes emulator for N64. Since N64 does not have a filesystem, the roms must be merged with the emulator into a single n64 rom file.

antibob72
May 1st, 2006, 02:13
Methinks I just had an idea. Why not just run Monkey through that program that turns homebrew into an ISO? You boot it up, and the PSP registers as running the program from the UMD, therefore bypassing the memory limitations because it won't have to store the whole thing on system RAM.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 02:17
Ok no, it doesnt work :(

Cap'n 1time
May 1st, 2006, 03:15
oh.. i remember back in the day. zophar was king.... when i first got into emulation i dreamt of being a zophar.net mod... heh, times sure do change! shit... that was like.. 6 or 7 years ago.

PSmonkey
May 1st, 2006, 03:47
Methinks I just had an idea. Why not just run Monkey through that program that turns homebrew into an ISO? You boot it up, and the PSP registers as running the program from the UMD, therefore bypassing the memory limitations because it won't have to store the whole thing on system RAM.

Huge misconception there. All PSP apps (including ones on umds) are copied into main memory and ran from there.

M64 emulator it self is super small.

Rom needs to be in memory.

So Emulater in Iso form is worthless and even more complicated since you'll need to throw roms into the iso.

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 03:57
How well does VNES and Neon 64 run on Monkey 64 1.0??????????

stotheamuel
May 1st, 2006, 04:24
He is using neon64 nes emu for n64. VNes emu works but I am unsure if neon works.

there ya go
he may not be talking about 1.0 tho

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 04:29
I think I remember Monkey saying something about Vnes on 1.0, cuz I think he was using it to test Monkey 64.

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 05:00
LOL This thead never dies thats cool, i am glade everyone is as thrilled as i am for this emu even when some of the people here are a little creepy, so i would suggest to u PSmonkey don't let anyone know where u live lol

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 05:14
LOL This thead never dies thats cool, i am glade everyone is as thrilled as i am for this emu even when some of the people here are a little creepy, so i would suggest to u PSmonkey don't let anyone know where u live lol

Too late :p

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 05:26
Too late :p
LOL hey by the way sniper do u think its possible smash bros will be able to play at a playable speed?

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 05:29
It would be very slow. It runs at 60fps.

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 05:30
Hey just for everyone thats is waiting for M64 to be released there is one thing u can do while u wait start getting your backup roms so at least u have something to do while u wait oh and don't ask where to get backups its probaly against the rules lol man when i first started homebrew thats all that i would here from everyone. now that i think of it homebrew has really taught me to teach myself and figure things out which is a good skill in life lol

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 05:34
It would be very slow. It runs at 60fps.

Maby with time where theres a will theres a way just as PSmonkey has shown us

stotheamuel
May 1st, 2006, 05:53
wow lol

hahahah

Cap'n 1time
May 1st, 2006, 05:59
Hey just for everyone thats is waiting for M64 to be released there is one thing u can do while u wait start getting your backup roms so at least u have something to do while u wait oh and don't ask where to get backups its probaly against the rules lol man when i first started homebrew thats all that i would here from everyone. now that i think of it homebrew has really taught me to teach myself and figure things out which is a good skill in life lol

nothing brings me more pleasure than a giant run on sentence... that i didnt type :p .

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:03
LOL that is a GIANT run on LOL. Dude my english teacher (probly any english teacher) would kill you! LOL Just kidding:D

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:08
LOL First homebrew now grammer school. see the period. lol hey u know what we should do start listing the best N64 games of all time. until some more news comes. Starting with of course Super Mario 64 any others....

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:15
Its pretty funny that the N64 emu is coming aloung much faster than the GBA. Altho i do remmber PSMonkey saying that the PSP is very close to the N64. witch in are case is great better for homebrew at least with the N64. i have another favorite game Smash bros. any others...

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 06:15
Mario kart, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:19
PAPER MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!Zelda: Ocarina of time, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:23
PAPER MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!Zelda: Ocarina of time, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

I thought u would say that. I don't know maby i'm phychic lol

itsalldasame2me
May 1st, 2006, 06:24
mrio kart, banjo kazooie, mario party 1 & 2

itsalldasame2me
May 1st, 2006, 06:26
mrio kart, banjo kazooie, mario party 1 & 2 & 3

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:29
I thought u would say that. I don't know maby i'm phychic lol

I think you are, cuz how else could you figure that out :confused: :D

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:33
There are a lot of great games like Rampage that was pretty good r there any others...

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:39
Yoshi's Story, Hydro Thunder, 007 The World is not Enough, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Win-Back Covert Operations, Harvest Moon 64, and Donkey Kong 64 are some really fun games:D

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:41
cool what about Perfect Dark and Bomberman

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:43
Perfect Dark any good? Everyone says it is, but I have never played it. And is it small enough for Monkey 64 to run it (16mb or smaller)?

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:48
well monkey 64 should be able to run Zelda at a playable speed from what monkey says and Zelda is a huge file knowing that it will probaly play many larger games and honestly i have never played Perfect Dark but i heard it was as good as goldeneye with great sound as far as that is concerned it sounds like a good game worth trying.

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:50
See now smash bros is 16 Mb wonder why thats going to be hard to play on an emu? but it could be megabit or megabite i don't know but hope it works

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 06:52
Monkey said why Super Smash Bros., Mario 64, and many other don't work.................. was it Op codes?????? or something like that??????????

stotheamuel
May 1st, 2006, 06:59
hmm you guys arent spamming one bit :rolleyes:

its because it uses sram (smash bros) thats why he(sniper) said it may not work but...

"So speaking of sram games. I gave smash bros a quick test. It sadly does not work yet its not that bad. The game does not work yes since I do not emulate the required microcode (F3DEX2). So when added it should show up something. I would implement F3DEX2 now but its much more complex then F3DEX (starfox/mario kart) or Fast3D (super mario). " -psmonkey

just for any confusion

ps
and coincedently enough my favoriite game is super smash bros to answer your question

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 06:59
Monkey said why Super Smash Bros., Mario 64, and many other don't work.................. was it Op codes?????? or something like that??????????

do u mean why they r not working right now that because its in its early stages but should work soon and i think each cartridges or games comes with its own parts enabling it to play something like a chip inside the carteridge witch needs to be emulated for the game to work on the emu i am not an expert at this but i am pretty sure thats why.

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 07:01
Hey as long as we are on the subject and supporting PSMonkey lol or around the subject well whats your favorite N64 game ?lol

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 07:08
Ya, this is getting kinda off topic. Would it be better to post a new topic on what is your fav N64 game? or has someone already done that?

Wally
May 1st, 2006, 07:12
Definately Mario 64, or even by the looks of it, quest 64 :). Im happy with what ever works first.

Although many of the games are not working we cant really say what will work properly first. Rampage is looking good but its graphically disabled

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 07:21
I'm happy with what ever works first too:D But, I would love to see Paper Mario running, even if it ran at 1fps!

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 07:46
ya i bet u monkey has for the most part got this figured out he is a talanted proffessional hey wally what r the games working so far? u r a tester right?

V3N0M
May 1st, 2006, 07:47
Man wish i could be a tester...i would have no problem testing any game anytime but i suspose u have enough testers well thanks for the updates

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 08:20
Me to. Yes he likely has enough testers.