PDA

View Full Version : Killzone PSP -- Hands-on

wraggster
April 28th, 2006, 21:19
Preview from IGN:

First things first. Killzone: Liberation isn't the PS2 Killzone you've come to know. It's in no way a port of the console first-person shooter that shipped back in November 2004. In fact, apart from the futuristic sci-fi setting, it's almost a completely different game. It looks and plays nothing like its predecessor. Hell, it plays unlike anything on the PSP, for that matter. And, from a recent demo held by Sony in anticipation for E3 2006, this route seems like it was the right one to take.

To start, players looking for a little continuity will definitely find it. As different as the game is from the original, there's still plenty here for fans to enjoy. Liberation takes place two months after the events of the first Killzone. The Helghast still control a majority of southern Vekta. Players assume the role of Templar, who some will remember as the heroic squad leader from the first game. Only this time, players will undertake a far different mission. Instead of simply thwarting a global attack, they'll need to rescue a string of hostages taken by a ruthless general known as Metrac.

Read the full article here --> http://psp.ign.com/articles/703/703462p1.html

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 21:43
yea, that game was all right for PS2. What I didn't like was the fact that when you looked from left to right your gun moved beyond the middle of the screen so while scanning right to left, you would have to scan past a target then let go of the controls for the reticle to re-center itself just for the reticle to be near the center of a target. made shooting a lot harder.

Voltron
April 28th, 2006, 23:56
Killzone on PSP? Very cool! The PSP is really starting to get its share of great games.

I finally learned how to get Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror to work on my 1.50 PSP and that game is unbelievably great. Better than I could have ever expected. The game is so good that I find myself replaying the TRAINING missions because even they are incredible. And awesome to show off.

If Killzone can be in the margin of greatness that is Siphon Filter, then I can't wait.