PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad v0.1.0 Released

wraggster
April 28th, 2006, 21:33
Sakya (http://tripletriadpsp.forumfree.net/?t=7918888) has released a Card Game called Triple Triad for the PSP,

Written in Python from what i can make out, anyway screenshot and download Via Comments

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 22:32
I saw this on qj and it looks really cool! Yay! a new idea for homebrew instead of the same ol' crap!

Cap'n 1time
April 28th, 2006, 22:40
really reminds of of the ff8 card game.

neovlace
April 28th, 2006, 22:50
Final Fantasy VIII rocks!! This card game rocks even more!

woohoo!

jason867
April 29th, 2006, 02:47
You know why it reminds you of the FF8 card game? Because it is that game! The graphics have obviously been ripped from FF8, the name is the same, and the game is the same!

P.S. Good job putting this on the psp though. As much as I like this card game and the FF series, I haven't ever gave this game the time of day to play other than what was required.

joelacrass
April 29th, 2006, 07:00
do you rip all the card??

DraconumPB
April 29th, 2006, 15:50
I LOVED triple triad WAY more than the final fantasy 9 one.

I went through and tried to get like almost every card in that game... i cant' wait to try this!

dthpsc
April 29th, 2006, 16:05
Thanks so much for this! Brings back FF8 memories. I'm really looking forward to some updates on this one!

danknugz
April 29th, 2006, 21:22
great port! cant wait till its done. keep up the good work!

mog
April 30th, 2006, 02:27
right, time to try again...
i already downloaded this from another site, changed to 1.00 format using psp brew, put on psp and tried to run it; but after like 5-10 seconds, it just goes back to psp menu with no error message? :confused:

UPDATE:
After trying again, i found the error log file in the root directory->pytrace.txt
says: "python-psp started" ... "Could not find platform independent libraries" ... "could not open script.py" :(
Sounds like it might help if i put python-psp on my psp... or it might need a specific folder name, but i haven't figured out what it's meant to be yet.
Someone please help, really want this on my psp.. i love playing ff8, now I might be able to play part of it on the go! :cool:

TightFinale
April 30th, 2006, 08:37
awesome
i wonder if the "developer" will be able to let us play a sort of campaign where we win cards off the A.I. and start our own collection? maybe with the two player ad-hoc i saw possible, we can take cards off other players? I'm guessing the rare cards would be just that, RARE....hmmm....another thing i would like to see would be...a side program or something with the ability to use your own custom cards in the deck as well...but i don't think they would be useable in two player games XD would be awesome to pull out a Cloud Strife to humble Squall's smirk.....
just my thoughts....
<.<

mog
April 30th, 2006, 14:48
How come everyone else seems to have this working without a problem?
I would ask for help on the forums and website links in the readme file... but then I would have to learn Italian... :rolleyes:

Is everyone else using firmware 1.50? Really wanna try this game :(

sroon
April 30th, 2006, 17:00
This is F***ing amazing!
Great Job!!

AcerVentura
April 30th, 2006, 20:50
Works for me :)

But, uh... what are the rules?

pspsmith
May 1st, 2006, 09:33
Hi guys.
Great work by Sakya. for the rules try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Triad it has a section with all of the rules and examples as well. I have a question though, I am a real fan of FFVIII and was wondering if I could insert this as the in-game music: Shuffle Or Boogie (http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/ff8/ff8-1-15-shuffle_or_boogie.mid) which is the music which plays when you are playing the actual minigame. Thanks for all your help
pspsmith

makkennzee
May 6th, 2006, 03:46
im running this on 2.00 homebrew with the GTA hack. works perfectly.

an excellent game -- can't wait too see more cards and modes introduced!

Shadow9623
May 16th, 2006, 14:51
How do you use a higher card level deck then level1

Tanis6909
June 19th, 2006, 21:03
at this point, i dont think that you can...however, i would love to be wrong here.....

i saw it mentioned that building your own "collection" would be a great idea, just wanted to agree with that sentiment...i played this mini-game for longer than the entire FF8 game, and finding, winning and then TAKING the rare and awesome cards from your opponents was the freakin bomb....any chance of this in the PSP version? or is there already an update that i just dont know about?

hit me back if anyone knows anything more about this game...its freaking awesome, and can only get better im sure (btw, im on fw 2.60 and running it flawlessly! ;-)

:::::Hold the Phone!!::::::

i found a v1.1 that lets you use different cards, they are still random, but its more exciting than the crappy lv. 1 cards. you can get it here, and its 2.x friendly:
http://sakya.altervista.org/ttpsp/

still no collecting or taking cards from your opponent, but hey, it'll still keep me entertained for hours....anyone hears anything about a new version, please post up and let us all know.

ragnal
September 6th, 2006, 22:46
im so happy that i found Triple Triad for the PSP but i have no idea how to install it. Are there any intructional info on how to do it?:confused:

andymd04
May 14th, 2007, 04:42
Thanks so much i love triple triad on ff8. I'm going to try it.

andymd04
May 14th, 2007, 05:14
Can anyone help me plz i cant get it work on my psp 3.03 OE-C it says error (8002014C).