View Full Version : PSMonkey I hope you read this bro.....

jeRUsi
April 29th, 2006, 03:23
statement: i think i'm trying to better gage an eta on progress.

question: is it possible to implement any code from other projects (not literally.....engineer-wise) similar to corn & blade64? they seemed pretty resource efficient on my older 133mhz pc's way back when. I think corn ran in software mode which should mean that a port or implementing that style of emulation might be possible? (Did either ever release sources?) i'm not asking monkey to port corn (that's ridiculous). i'm just curious if this project's progress is more dependent on finding out more about psp programming or n64 emulation?

Obviously, monkey is way the hell smarter than myself and a lot more for that matter (i don't see any other n64 emu's for psp out there!), otherwise I would be working on the project.

HE IS DOING GREAT JOB BY THE WAY!

but is the success of this project mostly about:
1.writing perfect driver's for the psp (sound, display, i/o, etc.)?

2.determining which n64 task should be emulated by which psp function calls? (using psp soft/hardware)

3. not using a bios dump?

4.me having no idea how hard it is to engineer an emulator.

just wondering if it’s possible to isolate a n64 process and emulate them one by one or does it have to be done all at once. are you emulating a bios that n64 has instead of using a dump of one (legal issues?).

Again I am not patient nor smart enough to be a emulator programmer, its just that this project is fascinating and if you could set this emulator up to emulate function calls one by one with plug-ins, there might be a way to have people distribute different psp interpreted functions that they managed to better emulate for monkey's project.

if this is feasible please let me know because although i'm a desktop publisher w/ little programming knowledge in comparison (tailoring my education towards engineering). I'd help organize the project (database/graphics-wise) or better engineer methods of emulation from concept-wise AGAIN I'M NOT A PROGRAMMER but there are several ways to skin a cat.

*Msc. Users* Please post only if you have SPECIFIC knowledge on this subject Thanks

AND please no ranting lets keep this education-based. thanks bro....

kyle2194
April 29th, 2006, 15:43
1. Im pretty sure all the hardware is initialized by the psps kernel, the xmb.

3. No nintendo 64 emulator i ever saw requires a bios. Its not really needed, because the n64 boots directly from the cartridge.

4. What? Your asking what makes him succesful. You not knowing anthing doesnt make him more successful.

2. Wheres monkey?