PDA

View Full Version : PSP Radio with Links 2 Browser Plugin

wraggster
April 29th, 2006, 10:33
Raf and the PSP Radio Team (http://pspradio.berlios.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=405&sid=f35699cfb4e15ae67485e0e68f7ea916) have released a new pre release version of their streaming music application for the PSP, heres te release details:

-This version of PSPRadio has reduced memory allocation to allow links2 to work (links is very memory hungry, specially if images are enabled.. you may need to disable images for your favorite website to work....)
-It includes Danzeff OSK (Thanks Danzel!)
-The 'homepage' has some pointers on how to use it....
-If it runs out of memory it may take you to the red screen; you will need to kill it (L+R+START) to go back to pspradio.
-priorities still need to be tweaked so that music can be listened right while browsing
-go to file: OS SHELL to switch back to PSPRadio, then select the links2 plugin again to get back to the browser.
-the mouse cursor will ocasionally leave traces. just "left click" on a blank spot of the screen to clear it out.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Eilonwy05
April 29th, 2006, 12:52
Oh....... WOW :eek: I usually don't do much posting around here, but this I just couldn't pass up commenting on. Not only do us 1.5FW users finally get a browser, it's perfectly integrated with another killer PSP app, PSPRadio -- one of the few apps I always keep on my PSP and keep current... plus, it's Links! Me being a Linux geek and all, I should be right at home...

Raf & co. -- many many thanks for all your efforts in making shoutcast on the PSP work so flawlessly, and *mega* thanks for the browser! I've been wishing there were an easier, more reliable way of web browsing on a 1.5 unit than using the MPH FW Loader... you made my wish come true, it would seem!

Keep up the awesome work!

--Eilonwy05

Anger
April 29th, 2006, 15:40
i agree. it is a bit buggy but it is a damn fine first attempt for a workable browser. im looking forward to this app now more than ever (and i always had a copy of this on my psp)

dthpsc
April 29th, 2006, 16:10
Wow, this is amazing finally being able to surf the web with homebrew. Keep up the good work!

Cap'n 1time
April 29th, 2006, 16:25
awsome.. but i cant get it to connect to anything.. odd

it started working all of a sudden... check this out :)

not here anymore
April 29th, 2006, 19:00
Fantastic!

Cooe14
April 29th, 2006, 19:28
Is it any better than Fired up Browser?

drew4237
April 29th, 2006, 19:55
i dont have 1.5 but i can downgrade to try this but can u listen to music and browse the web at the same time

pspfan
April 29th, 2006, 23:17
Best browser by far! I am practically in love with it. I like it better than the 2.0 browser...

Cooe14,
It's much better than the Fired Up Browser! Has tons of features, and is very customizable through the options in the menus. It can do things Fired Up can't like download things to the memory stick, view frames (but not iframes), go to any url from ANY page, search the page your on, and has complete control over options (i.e. turning off images or javascript, etc.) Much better than Fired Up, and it can play music in the background (with a little speed loss).

drew4237,
Yes you can listen to music, but it does make it a little slower. Still loads, but if you're going to an image-heavy site, you might want to either turn off images or turn of the music.

Wraggster,
May I suggest you make a PSP-friendly PSP-news.dcemu.co.uk? Pretty much all you need to do is cut off the amount of news posts that the main page shows, and maybe put like a "page 2" and "page 3" that has more if they want to go back more. Other than that, the site works pretty well on the PSP, but it just seems to take too much memory, so if you just cut off some of the news posts, I think that'd be fine. You could give it a subdomain, like psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp or something. Only a suggestion...

danknugz
April 29th, 2006, 23:36
i just got to say. wow.
keep up the great work!
hope the memory problem gets fixxed soon!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 30th, 2006, 01:02
The browser is fiddley as HELL and a few bugs but its greeat work the virtual keyboard on it is a real bitch :(

LC_killer
April 30th, 2006, 02:07
i cant get this to work on muy 2.6 psp. i have every other version funning, but i can tget this oneto go. ne help? should i just rename the folder pspradio or somthing.

mrplug
April 30th, 2006, 04:50
nice but, my psp wont charge when the pspradio is running

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 30th, 2006, 09:01
Hey perhaps was a little hasty vitual keyboard not to bad once your used to it.Still a fair few bugs that need ironing out GREAT WORK tho.

Voltron
April 30th, 2006, 21:56
DAMN! PSPRadio is one of my favorite homebrew apps. Now with this it is truly amazing. I will be donating to the development team.

Great work!

PSP-Paul
April 30th, 2006, 23:21
Does anybody have any ideas on how to get pspradio to accept my wifi? I have the program all running fine, but it keeps saying error connecting to network. My PSP connects fine to wifi for regular internet browsing! I am running v2.6 firmware, with eloader/menu v0.1. Cheers!

pkmaximum
April 30th, 2006, 23:22
I must say I was very impressed with the internet browser. This is better than the fired up browser by far. I am really impressed on the way this was made. I can even download nes roms and everything then use file assistant to put it in the proper folder and then play them! Its like a dream come true to me.!! Now I don't have to carry my laptop every where I go :)

Eilonwy05
May 1st, 2006, 07:51
Does anybody have any ideas on how to get pspradio to accept my wifi?

I'm on a 1.5, and I found that for some reason my wifi didn't work at first either, until I set up and used a connection with a static IP... All the other versions of pspradio have been fine with DHCP; perhaps it was left out due to memory issues? Anyway, you might try a static address and see if you can connect... it worked for me.

P.S. -- This whole message was composed and sent from links2 :D Raf and gang you guys ROCK!

mavsman4457
May 2nd, 2006, 21:53
i may be an idiot but how do you get to the browser?

Cap'n 1time
May 2nd, 2006, 22:45
you load up the radio program and push start. in the apps menu you see links2 and another browser. load up links2 and there you go!

mavsman4457
May 2nd, 2006, 23:00
thanks, i can't figure out how to get the onscreen keyboard.

Cap'n 1time
May 3rd, 2006, 03:58
push start. :)

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 06:00
Withen 5 minutes of turning on the browser I get a "out of memory" error is there any way to stop this? I already tried upping all the cache size limits but that didn't seem to help.

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2006, 18:30
thanks 1timeuser

IndianCheese
May 4th, 2006, 02:17
How do I use that awesome keypad to type stuff in? I can't find it...

Cap'n 1time
May 4th, 2006, 04:28
Withen 5 minutes of turning on the browser I get a "out of memory" error is there any way to stop this? I already tried upping all the cache size limits but that didn't seem to help.

as for that mem problem.. I have noticed that if you use the text3d skin rather than the just text skin it gives you problems. Ive also had it happen when I was playing music at the same time. but anyway, ive goten good results without sound and the psp clocked at 266 - 333. Im not sure about this one.. but In your psp's main menu you can turn off wifi power save and supposedly improve results as well.

and once again you click on a form box and push "start" to bring up the keypad.

LAMPRO
May 7th, 2006, 21:32
Having a problem connecting to wifi.. app loads up, but has error connecitng to signal. all is good with every other app, but this one wont connect.. I need a checklist of all things necessary.. anyone willing to lend some advice?

pspfan
May 7th, 2006, 22:09
LAMPRO, I'm pretty sure it auto connects to the first connection you have in your Network Settings. If this connection is one that you are outside of currently and are trying to use another one, you have to make the other one your first connection.

Also, I'm not sure if you're using the stand-alone version or the PSP Radio plugin, but if you're using the PSP Radio plugin, you should switch to the stand-aloen version to get a lot better browsing and less memory issues. However, if you use it as a PSP Radio plugin, you actually can use a connection that isn't your first one, but you have to connect in the PSP Radio options menu before you start the plugin.

Hope that helps.

ukcuf16
May 8th, 2006, 00:47
I don't get why ppl with 2.6 psp's are trying to get this running on theirs...

U HAVE a 2.6 browser u don't need this.

Anger
May 8th, 2006, 02:13
i know why they want it - it is faster. im a 1.5 and so lacking until now in a decent browser but i have tasted 2.0+ browser and this is faster.

LAMPRO
May 8th, 2006, 18:29
Just tried again with the stand alone, and after loading it up initially it didnt work, but then i did the x-select to reconnect and boom- online. finally after resetting up the network connection to everything automatica- then reloading the app- then booting- then xselct- and it worked. it is def better than fired up browser, but still lacks the things i use the net for- getting emails, browsng ebay, and of course- posting on dcemu!! most of it works well and this is recommended for minimal use- not a solution but a great step towards a great browser. lots of clean up needed, but i like it!!

mavsman4457
May 8th, 2006, 20:52
is it possible to implement a flash player into this browser?

F9zDark
May 8th, 2006, 21:02
What I'd like to see is AFKIM be developed as a plugin, and allow swapping between plugins with a touch of a button, so that I can be listening to tunes, browsing the web and chatting to my friends all at the same time.

LAMPRO
May 8th, 2006, 22:57
what are some cool sites to visit using this browser? I tried hotmail, ebay, but they didnt load all images.. i wanna kno what cool sites to see iwth this....

tomwaller
May 16th, 2006, 16:36
I too would just like to thank you for the excellent app. This is just so professionally made. I real treat.

t

mavsman4457
May 16th, 2006, 20:39
yah that woould be sick to have AFKIM as a plugin to switch back and forth and be alerted when someone sends you a message. so far this is a great app but the possibilities are endless.

dartan
June 15th, 2006, 02:22
Help .... I'm a "tard" .... I have a 2.6 PSP and use GTA for homebrew no prob.

WAIT before you FLAME me ....

I just got a 1.5 PSP .... how do I homebrew with it? Where do I put the stuff ... this program pack sounds great .... now how do I use it?

Thanks!!

Ok "maybe" I'm not a tard ... well only maybe ... I figured out that I need to set up the lan connection on the PSP :-) .... now let's see where I go from here....

joe45mama
June 16th, 2006, 20:50
wait... Where do i put these files!please help.

joe45mama
June 16th, 2006, 20:51
Do i need wireless internet to use this?

mavsman4457
June 16th, 2006, 23:02
search the forums for installation guides

LAMPRO
June 17th, 2006, 02:32
SO, after a while, I have experimented and found this conifg to be the best for me. PSPRadio with Links2 and AFKIM plugins. Just put the links2 and afkim folders in the non% eboot folder, add the .prx's for both and boom, the whole package (FW1.5). works great for me.

enjoy!

frontmill
July 3rd, 2006, 18:02
can anyone explain me how to navigate to a website?

psp890
July 6th, 2006, 22:07
Move the cursor with analog stick to the top left of screen on menu (light gray) bar and to the right of <- (back button) hit X brings up File menu.
Click Go to URL - this brings up address box
Press Start button to bring up virtual keypad (D pad left right moves keypad so you can see the rest of address box if needed)
Use analog stick to move to any one of 9 buttons then use X for bottom character, O for right char, [] for left char, ^ for top char
You don't have to type in http:// saves 7 chars right there
When done typing address press Start button to take away keypad
Move cursor to OK and click X
You can save your bookmarks obviously in File menu also.

This browser kicks the sony browser ass for speed I had to suffer thru it when I had 2.6 before the downgrade. Thanks to all who made this possible.