PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Is Over 50%, People Don't Care

wraggster
August 18th, 2009, 17:01
According to a new reader survey by Game Informer, the Xbox 360 suffers from a whopping 54.2% failure rate. That's an insanely high figure, but I can't say it seems that inaccurate. And you know what? People don't care.

As someone who just got his second red ring in as many years, is it really that surprising that about half of all Xboxes have shit the bed? Personally, I don't know a single person with an Xbox 360 who hasn't had to deal with it, so hell, maybe the 54.2% figure is generous.

Comparatively, the PS3 has a failure rate of 10.6% and the Wii is at 6.8%. But despite these numbers, gamers play the Xbox the most; 40.3% play it 3 to 5 hours a day, with 37% of PS3 owners doing the same. And unsurprisingly, a full 40.4% of Wii owners turn that console on less than an hour a day.

And that's really the big takeaway here. It's not news that older Xbox 360s fail almost inevitably, but it's interesting that gamers have almost accepted that fact and still play the Xbox despite it. In fact, a mere 3.8% of gamers said that hardware failure will keep them from ever buying another Xbox. I guess people just really like their 1 vs. 100.

http://gizmodo.com/5339915/survey-xbox-360-failure-rate-is-over-50-people-dont-care