PDA

View Full Version : PSPectrum V0.2 released

Darksaviour69
April 30th, 2006, 20:06
HexDump (http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/exkq/pspectrum/homeeng.html) posted this news:

<blockquote>
At last we have a new PsPectrum version. This version comes with nice features, for example incresed speed, better sound, and a bunch of other things (some hidden, and some that you all will notice inmediately). I think it has been a long time but that it was worth the wait.

I have added a paypal account to let people contribute to the project and by the way make me get some money I spent to buy this new psp that I only use for coding pspectrum, (I know it is difficult to believe, but it is true).

Greetings to everybody and get fun!, HexDump.
</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback via comments

Amiga
April 30th, 2006, 20:49
Bloody fantastic m8!!! :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 30th, 2006, 20:55
Jack the nipper exolon school daze bring it on.Let the good times role..

SmashinGit
April 30th, 2006, 21:26
Love it, :D

TrojanBarber
April 30th, 2006, 22:21
Thanks so much

Hungry Horace
May 1st, 2006, 03:31
Enjoy this.... it's f**king good!!

Skooldaze custom keys setup... .oooooooh yeah!!

ryosaebaa
May 1st, 2006, 13:50
Cool Mr Hex, i really love it ;-)

steve-b
May 1st, 2006, 14:53
works on 2.60 also...tested about ten games. Loving the full screen now. thanks

grin.ch
May 1st, 2006, 18:41
wtf is this??

Hungry Horace
May 1st, 2006, 19:54
wtf is this??

shame on you!!! and is there any need to be so rude?

it's a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator.

find out more about the machine on World of Spectrum (http://worldofspectrum.org/)

SmashinGit
May 1st, 2006, 21:40
Here's the latest update from HexDump.

Hi,

I have opened (well ryosebba) a new channel for donators, it is called Betas. It will be filled with pre final builds. All donators please check if you log ok, if not send me a private mesasge.

I will upload a beta today, with some .z80 loading fixes and the score boards problem fixed too (I think it will fix othre problems too).

C ya, And happy pspectruming .

HexDump.

Great news!

SmashinGit
May 2nd, 2006, 08:09
HexDump has released a new beta of this emulator which is only available if you have donated,

Hi all,

THis is the beta I promised, it fixes a z80 bug and DAA opcode in z80 core that fixes all z80 scoreboard bugs and other things (I think).

I´m putting a new z80 core into pspectrum, compatibility will raise a lot, you will c that in a week I think.

Beta Version

This is only the eboot, overwrite the old one... hope you like it,

Note: Do not spread beta builds if you do so, this subforum will be useless, and the member will be treated as not contributor, anyway, I know it won´t happen.

HexDump.

So not only now can you support the psp scene, it makes it worth your while.

voodoofish
May 2nd, 2006, 09:17
thanks for another great release version - it just gets better and better :)

mr_nick666
May 2nd, 2006, 13:01
You are my new best friend!! :p
This emu rocks - nearly got me and my boss in the sh*t when a customer came in a caught us playing highway encounter :eek:

Vega
May 14th, 2006, 00:02
im having problems with this and my 2.6. i had no problems with the previous build :(

mr_nick666
May 14th, 2006, 18:30
"PSPectrum for 1.5" is the title.. There is a clue hidden within for 2.6 users.. Sorry mate :o

Any updates on the way!?? I just wana be able to snapshot a game save (Everyones a Wally is a long game - ok!??) :rolleyes:

SmashinGit
May 15th, 2006, 08:20
HexDump has just released a new eboot for this great emulator.

Here's a quote from his website

A new build of PsPectrum is available. It is a new core test that improves compatibility and some timing problems (still not perfect). Only EBP is included, so, overwrite old one, and you're done.

Cheers, and happy pspectruming :D,

HexDump.

Check out his website here

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/exkq/pspectrum/index.html

and remember to leave any feedback in his forum.

mr_nick666
May 15th, 2006, 08:52
Cheerz for the update :)
Will be checking it at lunch (or when my boss goes out the office!) :o

mr_nick666
May 15th, 2006, 13:54
Lunch at last! :) This is such a wicked emulator (Im getting misty eyed and nostalgic) :p Still needing that save mode but it still rocks regardless! :D

SmashinGit
May 17th, 2006, 17:38
Here's another update,

Perhaps in the next releases we could add plugable themes or something like that. Anyway I need a graphician to make some nice drawings. If anyone can help let me know.

So if your a bit handy with paint or what ever it is you use go here and let HexDump know.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/exkq/pspectrum/homeeng.html

boselectacheckitout
May 18th, 2006, 09:24
the speccy emu is pucca n e1 know where to get more games?

mr_nick666
May 18th, 2006, 14:15
Try looking at www.worldofspectrum.org :rolleyes:

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 12:09
Haylp! ive got pspectrum 1 working fine. I remove it, install pspectrum 2 and it doesnt work! the psp just goes black and turns off. Im using FW1.5 so im a bit stumped at the mo. Am i doing something wrong or something? ive installed many emus so im not a novice if you get me and when i re install spec 1 it works fine. Anyone able to help? thanks guys

mr_nick666
May 28th, 2006, 12:31
Haylp! ive got pspectrum 1 working fine. I remove it, install pspectrum 2 and it doesnt work! the psp just goes black and turns off. Im using FW1.5 so im a bit stumped at the mo. Am i doing something wrong or something? ive installed many emus so im not a novice if you get me and when i re install spec 1 it works fine. Anyone able to help? thanks guys

You should leave the PSPectrum 1 files on your PSP and just overwrite the eboot file (i.e- drop it in the PSPectrum folder) - it'll work fine then :D

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 12:33
thanks very much, ill have a go now...........

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 12:43
mmm still no joy, i change to eboot from pspectrum 1 which is 146k and change it for the 492; eboot file of pspectrum 2. Upon running the emulator is loads for 10 secs, then nothing, then the psp turns off. I replace the eboot with the 0.1 origonal and it works fine. !arghrg help is needed lol

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 12:47
mmkay, just renamed the new folders xspectum and xspectum%, copied them over and spectrum 2 is a GO!! yay, thanks for the advice mate, im now gonna see if i can get bruce lee to work passed the 2nd screen............

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 12:57
ok so now i can get the emulator running ok. I add a directory called "games" when i open this in the emulator, it now freezes and resets.

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 13:25
If i put 1 game in the game folder it works fine, if i add my 198mb of games into the folder it crashes, so why does the new version of pspectrum 2 cock up? and theres still no way of putting all my games into folders so i have to spend 10 mins scrolling down the list.................

mr_nick666
May 28th, 2006, 13:52
If i put 1 game in the game folder it works fine, if i add my 198mb of games into the folder it crashes, so why does the new version of pspectrum 2 cock up? and theres still no way of putting all my games into folders so i have to spend 10 mins scrolling down the list.................

On mine there is a folder called games (I assume its there on yours!) - thats where the games live.. :o Are you using .ZIPped games?? Ive got about 50 .ZIPped games on my PSP and it works fine! :)
As far as I know you just have to scroll down them to pick your game! - Although (not sure if you know this) if you use the joystick it scrolls super fast! :)

mrbob3
May 28th, 2006, 14:24
hey thanks for the zipped idea, the last spec.01 didnt allow this. great stuff, i do however know about the zooom scroll function, its just i have 5000 games and it takes quite a while to get the bottom lol

mr_nick666
May 28th, 2006, 16:52
LOL! :p
Glad youre up and running! :D

SmashinGit
May 28th, 2006, 23:47
A new beta has been released which is only available from the officail website and only for people who have donated. Here's a quote,

New beta version is being posted in the beta forums.

As you all know this is a fuse port + old pspectrum code, this version has this new things:

- Border
- 3 New Screen modes.
- Tape support (tap, tzx) with autoload and fast load option.
- New Snap formats support (slt, z80,sna, szx, etc...)
- 128k sound (AY-3)
- Save states (1 per game)
- Reset machine options added to machine page.
- perfect timming (this seems to be true now ¬¬).
- more I can´t remember.

Final version will be posted for everyone in 1 o 2 weeks.

The new screen modes are excellent as well as the new sound.

mr_nick666
May 29th, 2006, 11:32
I cant wait! :( I think Im gonna stop being cheap and donate to this one! :eek: Just want to be able to save Skool Daze and Everyones a Wally (for a start)! :rolleyes:
Great news :D

HexDump
May 29th, 2006, 12:10
Hi all,

I felt like posting here today. There's a secret about PsPectrum that everyone should know: Nowadays, it only supports 2000 files in the file selector. I don´t remember if it hangs if you have more, anyway this is one of the things I´m fixing when I release PsPectrum 1.0. The other thing I would like to add is a "First Letter" jump function to the browser, because it is a pain in the ass to scroll from A to Z even with the fast "Triangle" button.

mr_nick666: if you´re willing to donate do not hesitate :D.

C ya all,
HexDump.

mrbob3
May 30th, 2006, 22:42
yay! cheers mate. I have 4497 speccy roms and ive finally got it to accept the folder, it takes AGES to scroll down to the bottom but the thing is, by the time the cursor gets to games beginning with M it crashes and the screen goes garbled. It would be amazing if you could have folders, A,B,C,D etc to break the files up. Adding pokes is a must. One thing that makes me sad is one of my fave games of ALL TIME is bruce lee. It works but crashes when you scroll the screen. Soon pspectrum will be perfect!

HexDump
May 31st, 2006, 08:25
Heheh, Bruce Lee works ok now. When I finish making things run ok on eloader I will modify FileSelector to make it better because it is the same since ver 1.0.

->-> I hate ELoader.

HexDump.

SmashinGit
June 1st, 2006, 19:13
Here's the latest update, the good news is , it seems HexDump, Hungry Horace and brcu, have been up all the hours trying to get the latest beta to work on the eloader.

At last after hours and hours of testing Hungry Horace and me achieved the run the thing on eloader... this one was hard.
As allways new beta in the beta forum. AY-3 Sound is soooo sweet .

This is only a beta and is only available from the offical site if you have donated.

Also HexDump let us know what else he is working on,

I have heard of peopple complaining about File selector being slow to browse through files when there are a lot of them, some other complained that it hanged sometimes. Today I will finish the new file selector. It looks the same, but it now can hold up to 10000 files and you can move through different letters with left and right (For example you can jump from games beginning with A to games beginning with B with just a DPAD push). The other great improvement is that you can have now games whatever you like, because you can browse through dirs.

Greetings,
HexDump.