PDA

View Full Version : MadriDC Back Up

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 22nd, 2004, 12:20
Our friends over at MadriDC (http://www.dreamparty.gratishost.com/) are now back online and also they have news that the date for the party is now the 26th June.[br][br]When i get a full translation sorted ill post the reasons why it was moved.

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 22nd, 2004, 17:01
Still DOWN :'(

wraggster
May 22nd, 2004, 17:02
oh thats bad news

curt_grymala
May 22nd, 2004, 17:19
It's back up for me.

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 22nd, 2004, 17:49
For some reason, www.dreamparty.gratishost.com is not workin, while http://dreamparty.gratishost.com is... wierd :P

curt_grymala
May 22nd, 2004, 18:34
Well - here is a little known fact, that really should be publicized better:

at this point in time, "www" has become essentially obsolete. Hosting services and domain registrars no longer include "www" at the beginning of web addresses. When "www" is used, it is actually leading to a subdomain, rather than the main site. Usually, the "www" subdomain is set up to point to the main domain, but it is in fact it's own entity.

However - with that said, both addresses are working fine for me.

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 22nd, 2004, 20:52
It looks like the problems are now solved.... hope they are :P

wraggster
May 22nd, 2004, 21:09
great, Pablo could i ask you to post in english the reasons why the event was moved in your words, just so people know.

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 22nd, 2004, 21:11
Ok... just give me some time, cause i'm a little bit busy right now :-/

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 22nd, 2004, 21:41
All the DC and GP32 gifts and products, which were supposed to be used for the MadriDC expo, were stolen @ Barcelona's customs office. The transport company, EXTAND Sistemas, told us they didn't know what happened to the boxes... many other people have already been pissed by this company in the past (things dissapearing, things being stolen, etc.)

So, until we receive the new products and we assure ourselves that everything is OK, we've decided to put off the expo till June 26th

In case anyone bought a ticket and would like his money back, just contact me