PDA

View Full Version : DSMail version 0.37

wraggster
May 1st, 2006, 03:06
Bronto has updated his Mail proggy for the Nintendo DS:

Heres whats new:

New version 0.37

new features:

- access point select screen (Press Start while it tries to connect to one of the default access points); may not work perfectly yet
- pop3 code improved
- smpth authorization fixed
- compose message improved
- keep alive packets sent for all screens (except dialogs)

known bugs:

- sometimes messages are displayed incorrectly or duplicated, crashes while downloading mail. most important issue at the moment caused by a bug in dswifi
- keyboard causes freeze when used too quick (palib)
- bad error handling in mail send
- config file writing not supported on some flashcards like SCSD
- keep alive packets send for all screens (except dialogs)

Note to those who can't connect to their access point:
please try wifi_lib_test (get here). If it can't connect, your AP is not supported by dswifi yet

Edit:
There is a basic info & troubleshooting page up at http://bronto-online.de/ndsmail.htm

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

aipomguy
February 23rd, 2009, 11:47
awesome!

MasterMan
February 23rd, 2009, 18:13
May 1st, 2006, 00:06
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

carlitx
February 24th, 2009, 06:47
I had this before but could not get it working and i just skimmed though the troubleshooting guide. But I still have no idea if this works with hotmail accounts :S Someone wanna PM me with instructions on how to set this thing up?

Other then that i really like the look of the program. Keep up the good work.

ChuckMcB
February 24th, 2009, 10:45
As MasterMan pointed out this is a post from 2006. v0.60 is the latest version and still seems to be in development.

carlitx, if your Hotmail account supports POP3 then set it up using these NDSMail (http://www.ds-xtra.com/NDSMail) instructions....if it doesn't you can't as it was designed just to access POP3 servers. (and before anyone asks it doesn't work with GMail due to a SSL problem)

Update: Works with GMail now. Hotmail have enabled POP3 but it gives an SSL error. Ho-hum

MasterMan
February 24th, 2009, 16:31
I used to have v0.60 with my Yahoo and Gmail accounts, but it downloaded every single bit of spams and gspace* files. It filled all my 1GB CF card, lets hope next version knows what filter is and what to do.

*a firefox extension wich store files in gmail as a virtual HD.

tintilla
March 2nd, 2009, 15:23
have a anti spam on your gmail and yahoo, i have online(orange) with anti spam if i open my mail i have no spam..