PDA

View Full Version : Wii: Wad To Nand

zx-81
August 19th, 2009, 11:06
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/triiforce.jpg

Hi,

As many of you i've tried the very nice nand emulation stuff and triiforce wiiware launcher on emulated nand. As many of you i've encountered many issues and errors while trying to use wad manager 1.5 to install my wad files in the nand emulation image stored on my SD. I have to retry ten times to install the same wad to get it working etc ...

Waitting for a new better working version of wad manager (1.6 ?) i've modified BFGR WadTools 0.39a to extract directly all the files needed for triiforce and nand emulation !

It permits to convert directly your wiiware wads to "ticket" and "title" folders directly usable with nand emulation and Triiforce beta 5.

You only need to run wad2nand on your wad file using a dos shell for example :

wad2nand mywiiware.wad

If everything is running fine you should then obtain two folders ticket and title

Then you just need to copy those two folders at the root of your SD or your USB drive containing your NAND dump for Triiforce. Launch Triiforce beta 5, choose nand emulation and you should see your wiiwares !

Here is a cygwin binary version and sources. It's distributed under GPL v2.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Hope that helps,

Zx

wraggster
August 19th, 2009, 11:42
are you developing for the Wii now ?

zx-81
August 19th, 2009, 14:40
@wraggy: i'm not developing for wii (even if i was thinking about it one year ago). It was just to help wii gamers stucked with the wad manager 1.5 errors while installing wads on emulated nand ...

wraggster
August 19th, 2009, 17:25
ahh just wondering if you were going to share your talents with another scene :)

The Dingoo and Pandora look the most interesting at the mo. although the DS could do with a lot of your emulators :)

zx-81
August 19th, 2009, 18:04
i will first join the wiz scene which seems to be promising (very good hardware etc ...)

wraggster
August 19th, 2009, 18:21
yeah the wiz does look good, pity the pandora never seems to arrive

WhizzBang
August 19th, 2009, 20:56
Hi ZX81 - loved your stuff on the GP2x but mine (2nd one) is broken now and it is tough to get a new one. I am still umming and ahing about the wiz as it looks like the controls are poor yet again. The GP32 stick seemed bad at the time but now I dont think GP have ever bettered it. It was a bit like a Kempston stick.

Back to topic - I am unsure of what this app is for. It sounds like a piracy thing to me but I am sure I must be mistaken. Can you give me an example of what I could use this for?

zx-81
August 20th, 2009, 00:52
Triiforce lets you run wiiware (you bought) using a virtual nand on your SD card. All the wiiwares you buy on wiistore can't be stored on your wii memory (you have only 1500 blocks and each wiiware take nearly 300 blocks ... )

Using triiforce and nand emulation your are not anymore limited by the size of your wii memory but only by the size of your SD card memory ...

You can call this piracy if you want ... For me it's just a way to overcome stupid memory size limitation and avoid to brick your wii while installing a wiiware you bought on nintendo shop web site !

pkmaximum
August 20th, 2009, 04:38
Cool thanks I have been waiting for something like this =)

WhizzBang
August 20th, 2009, 19:54
Thanks ZX81, sounds very useful and I shall give it a try.