PDA

View Full Version : I've been beaten but not out!

Pages : [1] 2

PSmonkey
May 1st, 2006, 17:04
If you've not heard or seen this I heavly recomend checking it out.

The author of daleus has been secretly working on a port of mario64 that he has finaly released publicly. I must admin I am a little down I wat beaten to the punch but over all the guy deserves alot of credit for it.

Anyway head over and check it out.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23614

P.S. Don't let anybody bullshit you into believing this is Donkey's work. That is a total load of horse shit.

Darksaviour69
May 1st, 2006, 17:09
if you guys want to work together, i could set up a private forum here that only you and StrmnNrmn can see and use (testers too, if you like

kersplatty
May 1st, 2006, 17:13
double trouble= super duper gigantico excelent psp n64 emu :D

jas0nuk
May 1st, 2006, 17:16
Daedalus + Monkey64 =

... DaedMonkey64 (sounds like Dead Monkey :p)

PSmonkey
May 1st, 2006, 17:20
Daedalus + Monkey64 =

... DaedMonkey64 (sounds like Dead Monkey :p)

LMAO. that was good.

sroon
May 1st, 2006, 17:43
LMAO. that was good.
In deed it was!
Btw are you still going to work as much on your emu because it would be stuped just to abandon your emu.
Your still my Hero!!

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 17:50
:eek: :eek: Yay! Now they can work together to bring an even better N64 emu!! :) :)

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 18:02
This is good indeed!!

odino
May 1st, 2006, 18:09
PSmonkey, this daedalus has a dynarec and run at 15 fps... but your monkey64 run at 13 fps without a dynarec!!!

LiNKZiE
May 1st, 2006, 18:26
psmonkey + daedalus = the best n64 emu for the psp (:

drquack02
May 1st, 2006, 18:37
Even though it might look like you were beaten to the punch, it really is the other way around.

I highly urge you to capitalize on this opertunity to bring two (obvious, powerhouse coders together).

Not saying that Monkey64 isn't worthy, but a collaberation could help develop the N64 in directions that neither one of you could have thought of individually.

Ideally providing an absolutly amazing N64 emulator. Let us know if you guys start working together.

This would be great for both of you, so you could take breaks without worrying about delays.

Also a little off topic but a question that I've been thinking about for a bit now.

Is there a GBA emulator for the N64, or by the time the GBA was out was it pointless for an emulator for an older system?

PS: I like the deadmonkey idea. ;)

-Chris

MonoLoco
May 1st, 2006, 18:39
Please don't abandon your emulator (I doubt you will, though)...Daedalus doesn't work on 2.0+, and I am extremely uncomfortable with downgrading.

At the same time, I don't see many advantages to working together...it's not like PSMonkey can just port over the dynarec or something; if he did, then it would defeat the purpose of starting from scratch if you ask me. The only good I can see in terms of this helping PSMonkey is that maybe the creator of the emulator will have some insight regarding texture/HLE issues.

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me--but I am definitely seeing a future with two parallel N64 emus and not one big project.

Demolition49
May 1st, 2006, 18:50
I still think PSmoneys emu seems better quality... since deadlus or w/e has a slow frame rate while monkey doesnt even use a dynamic recompiler and hes getting a similar frame rate... anyhow i still FULLY support u monkey, so dont give up.

And i would love for you 2, to join... that would be brilliant.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 18:51
Is there a GBA emulator for the N64, or by the time the GBA was out was it pointless for an emulator for an older system?

PS: I like the deadmonkey idea. ;)

-Chris
There is a Gameboy emulator for N64

Please don't abandon your emulator (I doubt you will, though)...Daedalus doesn't work on 2.0+, and I am extremely uncomfortable with downgrading.

At the same time, I don't see many advantages to working together...it's not like PSMonkey can just port over the dynarec or something; if he did, then it would defeat the purpose of starting from scratch if you ask me. The only good I can see in terms of this helping PSMonkey is that maybe the creator of the emulator will have some insight regarding texture/HLE issues.

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me--but I am definitely seeing a future with two parallel N64 emus and not one big project.
All PSmonkey really needs to do is look at the graphics code from this emu. I think once that code is in place, we will have a really good emu taking form :)

-{PhoeniX}-
May 1st, 2006, 19:14
i think you could both kinda help each other. you could see how this daeleus(whatever) emulator works and try improve it aswell as adding your work to it from your emu... :) just an idea

MonoLoco
May 1st, 2006, 19:22
I just want an emu in user mode...I have 2.0 but I will never downgrade, even for this. I use far too much AAC and make far too much use of the web browser for that.

If they work together and keep it in user mode then great, but I think working separately and occasionally helping each other will turn out much better.

Cooe14
May 1st, 2006, 19:23
I see much higher potential in M64 due to that it is being coded from scratch. Don't give up :)

Demolition49
May 1st, 2006, 19:27
I smell a really good N64 emu taking place.

bugo
May 1st, 2006, 19:50
well, i really dont know about what emu is better... Monkey is giving us too much news, and I know that if they work together they will figure speed and compatibilty the fast way!

Well, what really is different on monkey 64 emu is that textures are not working ok yet, but I dont know, maybe in sometime we can see it 90% working, with speed (dynarec) and stuff...

I will be waiting.

BrooksyX
May 1st, 2006, 20:15
guys this is great news even for PSmonkey. If they could combine their emus together im sure they could make something great. Even if they dont, they could still help eachother out and make both of them better. All you 2.00+ users dont lose any sleep, Psmonkey is pretty set on supporting you guys. but 1.5 is the best enviorment for an n64 emu.

p.s.: hopefully this guy can help monkey get textures and mario working in the very soon future.

Gray Fox
May 1st, 2006, 20:21
It works a little for 2.60, i can start the emulator and pick a game but when i have choosen my game the screen turns black!

The Horny Antilope
May 1st, 2006, 20:22
Monkey64, I really want to tell you this, dont let this get you down and DONT give up because of this!!! I, or anyone else, deffinetly HAVE NOT just thrown you aside and forgotten about you because of this... We still love you and have great respects and anticipate your work!!! please remember, that your emu might and most likely will, turn out better since you are working on a code from the ground up for the PSP, just that it will require more work!
but more importantly, even if youre entire work would turn out as a total flop compared to deadalus (which I HIGLY doubt....), remember your own words!!!: "Regardless of the outcome, Keep working at it. A great scene coder is not some elite prick who spend 4 years in a university, he is just someone who was very commited and never gave up regardless of the outcome."...
what I am saying is, during this entire PSMonkey, remember all the stuff you are learning about coding!! you will never regret this, I promise!!

I am still, just like all the other people invovled in the PSP homebrew scene, rooting for you 100%, looking forward to your future updates and <3 U!!!http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4030/love3vg.gif

The Horny Antilope
May 1st, 2006, 20:26
It works a little for 2.60, i can start the emulator and pick a game but when i have choosen my game the screen turns black!
that could also be because of the rom, what you explained happens to most games on 1.5 aswell.... only mario64 works properly (hardly even that tho, TERRIBLY slow and all the textures of the first level are entirely white.... the only way to indicate where u r is thru the jags lol...)

Ahmed_p800
May 1st, 2006, 20:32
We Wont Leave You Alone Psmonkey

You Still The Best Coder Ever

BrooksyX
May 1st, 2006, 20:35
do you have the latest version, the guy who made it released a 2.XX freindly version

Xiro
May 1st, 2006, 20:42
yea he released version 2 supporting usermode. I'm shocked by this emu though, it just came out of the blue.

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 20:44
He created the PC version, of course he knows everything about the N64 and can port it over fairly easy.

ExcruciationX
May 1st, 2006, 20:48
Monkey64, I really want to tell you this, dont let this get you down and DONT give up because of this!!! I, or anyone else, deffinetly HAVE NOT just thrown you aside and forgotten about you because of this... We still love you and have great respects and anticipate your work!!! please remember, that your emu might and most likely will, turn out better since you are working on a code from the ground up for the PSP, just that it will require more work!
but more importantly, even if youre entire work would turn out as a total flop compared to deadalus (which I HIGLY doubt....), remember your own words!!!: "Regardless of the outcome, Keep working at it. A great scene coder is not some elite prick who spend 4 years in a university, he is just someone who was very commited and never gave up regardless of the outcome."...
what I am saying is, during this entire PSMonkey, remember all the stuff you are learning about coding!! you will never regret this, I promise!!

I am still, just like all the other people invovled in the PSP homebrew scene, rooting for you 100%, looking forward to your future updates and <3 U!!!http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4030/love3vg.gif
Um, I think he already knows that.

GmDude66
May 1st, 2006, 21:11
If you are a 2.0+ user download the new version!
It runs in usermode and works with my 2.60.

Daedalus PSP version R2:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/daedalus-n64/daedalus_psp_R2_v100.zip?download

@Pspmonkey: he has released the source with his emulator. Maybe you could take a look at it?

~Derek~

Demolition49
May 1st, 2006, 22:02
Are you guys working together now, i heard a few rumours.

lildude9232
May 1st, 2006, 22:08
this is awsome.. does anyone know what games (besides mario) is supported and actually playable??? hopefully monkey and that other guy will team up!

PSP Fanatic
May 1st, 2006, 22:10
I can barely believe it. It works pretty good. I thought PSmonkey was going to be the first to get Mario 64 to work. Too bad.

ZFB8
May 1st, 2006, 22:41
Holy shit dude, I played Super Mario 64 on my 2.6, even though the first stage had mostly white textures :P

But despite the fact that this emulator came out, I still support you and your cause.

Now I have TWO favorite PSP coders :)

middlemaniac
May 1st, 2006, 22:57
I smell a super amazing fabulous N64 emulator about to take place!!!!!!

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 23:07
I still belive in you PSmonkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you get textures and some other things working, I think Monkey 64 will be the best!!!!!!!!! Don't get me worng, StrmnNrmn's emu looks great (testing now), and I think there will be 2 awesome N64 emu's for the PSP!:D

John Vattic
May 1st, 2006, 23:12
I like the user pic lildude9232.

Monkey is hardly beat! A port is much quicker.
Monkey is going from scratch. which will result in a better emu in the long run.
Don't get discouraged Monkey. I'm with you.
I learned my lesson from hoaxers and porters.
Your hard work will not go unappreciated. though most people with the "just want it now" attitude might say harsh things. Ignore them! they're wankers! This isn't a race. and they'll be eating their words later on.
your emulator from scratch is more impressive to me and many other people than a quick and sloppy port.
Although that daedalus is kinda nice. it's far from done.
Don't quit monkey. just keep on keepin' on.

Cooe14
May 1st, 2006, 23:14
I like the user pic lildude9232.

Monkey is hardly beat! A port is much quicker.
Monkey is going from scratch. which will result in a better emu in the long run.
Don't get discouraged Monkey. I'm with you.
I learned my lesson from hoaxers and porters.
Your hard work will not go unappreciated. though most people with the "just want it now" attitude might say harsh things. Ignore them! they're wankers! This isn't a race. and they'll be eating their words later on.
your emulator from scratch is more impressive to me and many other people than a quick and sloppy port.
Although that daedalus is kinda nice. it's far from done.
Don't quit monkey. just keep on keepin' on.
Agreed. :)

PsychoSync
May 1st, 2006, 23:16
Snes9x TYL is a port to PSP from PC and seems to be really hard to optimize, if it was done from scratch exclusively for PSP, it would probably be a lot faster. I think that its great to have another coder working on a N64 emu, but you started Monkey64 the GOOD way from scratch.

Ok you're not the first one to emulate Mario64, so what?! Who cares, as long as you make it run that's whats important.

PSMonkey, you are the heart of N64 emulation on PSP, don't give up.

Timale-Kun
May 1st, 2006, 23:21
Monkey64 still rocks!!! and it was obvious that a port comes out faster than a whole new brand N64 Emulator made from scratch (mean M64^^)...btw Share informations might be benefit for the two of these projects...PSmonkey might give to devs/coders the desire to get into N64 Emulation on PSP

Is there anyone to do the same in GBA emulation as PSMonkey did it for N64 Emulation lol^^

stotheamuel
May 1st, 2006, 23:21
yes its like skateboards and bicicles to me

its easy to ride a bike and get started.... then its hard to learn any tricks at all (daedalus)

and its hard to start riding a skateboard... but easier to learn tricks... (psmonkey)

atleast for me.... wheelies are ****ing hard as hell hmm im off topic

hope you guys join forces

Demolition49
May 1st, 2006, 23:22
PSmonkey we need some feedback lol... keep us updated on what your doing.

RaiderX
May 1st, 2006, 23:32
There is a Gameboy emulator for N64

All PSmonkey really needs to do is look at the graphics code from this emu. I think once that code is in place, we will have a really good emu taking form :)

My thoughts exactly :cool:

I luv PSmonkey's emu, and all its missing is the gfx, but I think itll turn out better in the end beign hardcoded for the PSP, then again, this new emu is being ported from his own PC emu, so he knows all the code already and jnows what he can change too work for the PSp, so tis like he is hardcoded for the PSP.

The only reason he beat you to the punch monkey is cuz he had a head start, hes been coding his emu for the PC for a while, and it was prolly pretty easy for him to port his onw code to another platform

UR STILL IN THIS RACE!! I still back you up all the way PSmonkey!! :D

ZFB8
May 1st, 2006, 23:33
Well, I just got back from playing level 1 on Super Mario 64 on it (Yes, the ENTIRE level, well, the first star anyway.) It took me about 30 minutes from the time I booted up the ROM to when I got the star. Quite simply, I was impressed.

One thing that struck me as odd is that when I first started the game, everything looked absolutely right except for Mario. As I got further into the game though, textures got more and more screwed up. For example, as soon as you go into the first painting, everything is white (well, almost everything). I began to think that the textures started to look worse, but I payed no heed. After a few minutes, the sky had smilies, and mario had signs as a face. Well, after I fought the first boss (you could only tell it was him because you could see the crown and mustache), and it took me back to the castle, EVERYTHING was screwed up. The ground had grass, the walls had letters and numbers and faces, and when I went outside it was even worse. you could still tell what everything was, only the textures were screwed up.

I would have taken screenshots, but whenever I enter debug mode and press square, it says that a screenshot will be taken upon next resume, and then it freezes up, and I have to restart my PSP. If anyone can help me figure that out, I will gladly take screens.

I'll post this on his forums as well, just in case he didn't know about this issue, although I'm sure he probably does.

Zeemon
May 1st, 2006, 23:40
I have the same problem with the screenshots.

Shilo
May 1st, 2006, 23:46
So do I:(

Zeemon
May 1st, 2006, 23:50
What firmware are you guys on?

DPyro
May 1st, 2006, 23:52
Ya, I think we should stick with M64 as at least its more compatible and runs faster in INTERPRETER MODE :p. It will be a lot better thats one thing you can count on :D

ZFB8
May 1st, 2006, 23:55
Well of course I'm gonna still support Monkey. What I'm saying is that I support them both equally, since they're both working toward a common goal that everyone wants.

Btw, has anyone tried Zelda yet? It says in the file in the emulator that it's playable O_o"

And I know this sounds really retarded, but I'm thinking of trying to get through ALL of SM64 on my PSP. I'm on 2.6, so it's gonna have to stay constantly on or I'll have to start over. But I'm worried that leaving it on for a few days straight, even if it's plugged in, will **** it up pretty badly, so I probably won't.

=\

Cooe14
May 1st, 2006, 23:59
Both Zelda's aren't playable due to the fact there too big.

Xiro
May 2nd, 2006, 00:01
yep, roms over 8 MB wont work in this release...

middlemaniac
May 2nd, 2006, 00:05
Psmonkey, is it possible to take his textures and graphics out of his emulator and put them into yours? Then you could work on improving those grafix so the grafix would be super.

Zeemon
May 2nd, 2006, 00:06
Uutt ohh....I have a feeling that this is going to slow down Iris even more...

Keep up the good work PSMonkey, I know your's will be much better in the long run! (And I look foreward to it!)

lildude9232
May 2nd, 2006, 00:09
yep, roms over 8 MB wont work in this release...

actually i believe mariokart was over it and it still got to the title screen :confused:

DPyro
May 2nd, 2006, 00:18
actually i believe mariokart was over it and it still got to the title screen :confused:
Load the title screen and freezes. Monkey 64 is still better, as it can get ingame in Mario Kart :)

BALL_SAC
May 2nd, 2006, 00:19
Sorry to hear about this Psmonkey... but you should highly consider working along side with StrmnNrmn to create a better emulator. With the two of you working on one project, you will have a perfect emu out!

BrooksyX
May 2nd, 2006, 00:20
im sure the guy who made this wouldnt mind helping psmonkey to get textures working, his emulator is open source. It seems like right now that textures is one of the main things holding monkey 64 back. Obviously monkey64 will be a better emulator in the long run, but hopefully this new one will give monkey64 the little push that it needs.

Inu268
May 2nd, 2006, 00:29
Btw, has anyone tried Zelda yet? It says in the file in the emulator that it's playable O_o"

yeah I believe that file is from the pc version of the emulator
and i heard somewhere that roms that are 12mb works to

lildude9232
May 2nd, 2006, 00:43
hehe yea now all monkey needs is mario64, and if u can get that going good u will have at least 3 good games = quest, mariokart, and mario64

insaciable
May 2nd, 2006, 00:58
!!!!PSMonkey and Daedalus unite knowledge and we will have a super N64 emulator !!!!!

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 01:11
Guys, I am not quitting. This emu will just only make me work harder to get something out sooner.

THE HUGE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS I AM STUCK AT WORK BECAUSE OF STUPID MILESTONES. MY PROJECT AT WORK MUST BE IN ALPHA STATE BY TONIGHT.
Ds sucks. :( god i want to do a psp game.

Anyways more status update later this week. I am gonna look long and hard in the texture code to find the bug that i still have.

YourStillWithMe
May 2nd, 2006, 01:11
Not to bring everyone down, but there is still plenty of work to do. We still need

-Sound
-Save states
-Better FPS
-Color production
-Higher size roms to even READ

I dont mean to be a bad guy the work done here is phenominal and you both shocked the you know what outta me but i def do think you guys do need to work together. It would further help the process as a whole and avoid all of the "Who released this first? Who's source code is this? Who should get the recognition?" etc etc. bullshit we dealt with with "Sonyxteam" and "MPH" with the downgrader for 2.00

Have confidence and faith in what you both contribute and it should kick some major butt

jairolas
May 2nd, 2006, 01:22
Nintendo Ds does´t suck :mad:

ZFB8
May 2nd, 2006, 01:27
I think that they should collaborate. But not to end the non-existant ego war, or to end the who-gets-recognition thing. I think that they should simply because this whole project is for the people who play it, and for the scene. In the end, not too many people will know who made the emulator anyway, but they WILL remember the emulator itself. If they both collaborated, I think it would reach a final state much quicker, and they both would get equal credit anyway. Only good can come out of them working together, and it will only further the scene.

But still, it's their call, and I respect any decision they make, and to be honest I don't really see them coming together to make one super emulator anytime soon.

But all the same, good luck to both of you.

Lumir
May 2nd, 2006, 01:33
Props to psmonkey. When i saw the new emu the first thing i though was... psmonkey is ganna bust out some super coding and release his emu very soon. I know if i was in your position i would have a strong boost of coding madness.

Anyways dont worry about it or over work yourself, in fact as many have already stated i suggest you two work togather as you both have a common goal, both have extreme coding knowlage, and both have the desire to make a n64 emu for the psp. Even if working togather is not possible i think you two should share ideas/thoughts on a give and take basis, which in my mind would eventually lead to a combined effort.

Right now the spot light has shifted a bit, but as soon as a m64 build gets out im shure that it will shift right back. An emu from scratch is IMO alot better then a port, and will most deffinetly turn out the best. Again good luck and have fun, i look forward to the day i can say psmonkey "thank you".

wolfpack
May 2nd, 2006, 01:36
Lookin good guys, keep up that damn awesome work. Me likes what I see :P

Shadowblind
May 2nd, 2006, 01:40
if u two were to team up....dang....it'd be done in only a month or two! maybe u can see if he can get bigger roms to work on PSP as well.

middlemaniac
May 2nd, 2006, 01:43
That would be awesome! A team would be cool!

PSPHax0r9
May 2nd, 2006, 01:44
PSMonkey you're still my favorite....Daedelus has now moved up to second. ;) Good luck on your team emu.

kyle2194
May 2nd, 2006, 02:32
And the race is on. Daedalus pulls into first, Monkey close behind. Daeda keeps his lead through lap mario. Daeda and Monkey, are neck and neck, who will win lap zelda? Or will they help each other up when they stumble, and the race will be a tie?

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 02:34
Nintendo Ds does´t suck :mad:

Ds is an interesting system to play.
Ds is a pain in the ass system to code stuff for (mostly in the wifi & sound department).

BALL_SAC
May 2nd, 2006, 02:40
Guys, I am not quitting. This emu will just only make me work harder to get something out sooner.

THE HUGE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS I AM STUCK AT WORK BECAUSE OF STUPID MILESTONES. MY PROJECT AT WORK MUST BE IN ALPHA STATE BY TONIGHT.
Ds sucks. :( god i want to do a psp game.

Anyways more status update later this week. I am gonna look long and hard in the texture code to find the bug that i still have.

No offence to you psmonkey, but you know what they say... if you cant beat them, join them.
Im sure that if you exchange code with eachother, you will achive a great n64 emulator. Like you said, DS is a pain the ass to code, so you should just concentrate on creating a better emu... possable with the author of Deadulus. Please... DO SOMETHING, WE ALL STILL HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!

Cooe14
May 2nd, 2006, 02:52
The thing is BALL_SAC that he can beat them so there is no reason to join them. Daedulus is just a port, while M64 is built from the ground up for the psp.

Zeemon
May 2nd, 2006, 02:55
BALL_SAC.. If I understood right, he codes DS for work.

And sure-- Monkey's emu will eventually beat his. BUt that's cause it's from scratch. That doens't mean that the author of Daedulus isn't a good coder. In fact, he knows alot about emulating the N64, so he actually would be a big help!

hoot hoot! Go PSMonkey!

vettacossx
May 2nd, 2006, 02:59
i think you should keep doing what your doing psmonkey yours will have the better over all result being its in psp native lang...vs a port ISNT THAT Y YOU STARTED OVER??? well i cant wait till your is running mario 64!!!

Psycho77
May 2nd, 2006, 03:12
The thing is BALL_SAC that he can beat them so there is no reason to join them. Daedulus is just a port, while M64 is built from the ground up for the psp.

Yeah but remember it's a port from his own work, he actually wrote it for the PC too. He know his stuff he is working on.

Master_shake329
May 2nd, 2006, 03:43
I just played the daedalus emu, and i have to say its extremly impressive. Well, this just shows that it is possible, and that monkey will be able to make a great n64 emu for the psp. If both teams collaborated, that would be awesome. This said I still have to say Psmonkey is doing a great job on his emu, and you should keep it up. without dynamic recompiler he gets a similar framerate, that is saying a lot.

Inu268
May 2nd, 2006, 04:32
Like you said, DS is a pain the ass to code, so you should just concentrate on creating a better emu...
LMAO maybe if you paid his bill he would stop working =p
i know nothing about the DS but i think it would be fun to code for the touch screen....
a question to you guys trying to beat sm64 using daedalus, is there anyway to save?i stopped playing at the first level, i couldn't get up the mountain XD

Zeemon
May 2nd, 2006, 04:41
Saving isn't supported yet.

ZFB8
May 2nd, 2006, 05:14
I beat the first level, it was a pain in the ass trying to navigate up the mountain -.-

qaopjlll
May 2nd, 2006, 05:27
Mario 64 seems to always crash after about 20 minutes or so, so I haven't been able to get more than 2 stars in one session. I was disappointed because I had originally wanted to see if I could beat the game using the 16 star glitches on the PSP.

Dmill
May 2nd, 2006, 05:29
I want to cry.. long time monkey supporter and i feel so dirty playin this emu.. but yet so delighted cant wait for your next release monkey and i know youl kick this sh** out of daedalus i still have confidence in you but i have to say that this is frickin amazin. so much for all the peeps that said it couldnt be done.. shove that in yer stocking bitc**s

Cap'n 1time
May 2nd, 2006, 05:50
I want to cry.. long time monkey supporter and i feel so dirty playin this emu.. but yet so delighted cant wait for your next release monkey and i know youl kick this sh** out of daedalus i still have confidence in you but i have to say that this is frickin amazin. so much for all the peeps that said it couldnt be done.. shove that in yer stocking bitc**s

please.. dig a hole and cover yourself in it. the point isnt to "kick this shit out of daedalus." im sure your support is appreciated, but their is no reason to downplay another persons work.

Dmill
May 2nd, 2006, 05:54
Does it not say daedalus is frickin amazin but the frames are slow but hell i cant complain i couldnt do that in my lifetime so amazin clap clap sorry for the mis understanding

stotheamuel
May 2nd, 2006, 06:54
yeah don't derail daedalus

everyone's comments are...

this is good... but monkeys still good.. but this is good too... but monkey is awesome... this is a great port.... monkey will be better... this is the best thing i have ever seen

stop the madness.... oh and everyone has said they should team up a lot too

yay i noticed 2 things

idapimp
May 2nd, 2006, 07:13
do you have any idea on whats causing the texture bug yet monkey?

V3N0M
May 2nd, 2006, 08:45
You know psmonkey i have been following up on the homebrew ever since it started i am not a programmer (but i would like to learn) but when it comes to the psp i know enough to get things to work. Well enough about me, i wanted to thank you for the time you have dedicated to this N64 emu many things have happened with homebrew things i have thought were not possible to do and amoug all the different game systems that have been created but the N64 by far will be the hardest to emulate i have seen many things happen that i thought were not humanly possible but i have faith in you. And thank you for your time and effort so that many people can enjoy their psp. Keep up the great work.
- Jman

The Horny Antilope
May 2nd, 2006, 10:00
Snes9x TYL is a port to PSP from PC and seems to be really hard to optimize, if it was done from scratch exclusively for PSP, it would probably be a lot faster. I think that its great to have another coder working on a N64 emu, but you started Monkey64 the GOOD way from scratch.

Ok you're not the first one to emulate Mario64, so what?! Who cares, as long as you make it run that's whats important.

PSMonkey, you are the heart of N64 emulation on PSP, don't give up.
very true, after all of this work the team has been doing the snes emu still has a very tough time running most snes games, despite the huge difference in power between snes and psp..... this is because its a port.

One thing that struck me as odd is that when I first started the game, everything looked absolutely right except for Mario. As I got further into the game though, textures got more and more screwed up. For example, as soon as you go into the first painting, everything is white (well, almost everything). I began to think that the textures started to look worse, but I payed no heed. After a few minutes, the sky had smilies, and mario had signs as a face. Well, after I fought the first boss (you could only tell it was him because you could see the crown and mustache), and it took me back to the castle, EVERYTHING was screwed up. The ground had grass, the walls had letters and numbers and faces, and when I went outside it was even worse. you could still tell what everything was, only the textures were screwed up.
lmao

kersplatty
May 2nd, 2006, 10:06
im at school an every1s jealous at my emu. ive only got as far as the castle doors it has quite a slow framerate. monkey is it possible for you to use some samples of daedlus's code?

The Horny Antilope
May 2nd, 2006, 10:11
I have the same problem with the screenshots.
for me it just freezes when i press select :S
btw you culd just take a photo of the psp

And I know this sounds really retarded, but I'm thinking of trying to get through ALL of SM64 on my PSP. I'm on 2.6, so it's gonna have to stay constantly on or I'll have to start over. But I'm worried that leaving it on for a few days straight, even if it's plugged in, will **** it up pretty badly, so I probably won't.

=\
dont. deadalus freezes all the time and its to slow, beat it on an n64 or on a pc emu.

Ds is an interesting system to play.
Ds is a pain in the ass system to code stuff for (mostly in the wifi & sound department).
their wi-fi system really sucks. friend codeshttp://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5540/iconbiggrin8nb.gif
but i still enjoy my ds (like many of the games alot, sonic rush and castlevania dos are some of my fav portable games ever...) i just dont understand why nintendo didnt make ds with better hardware.... :mad:

kersplatty
May 2nd, 2006, 16:57
im gettin a sexy ds lite because of ff mainly and metroid
the select button is the pause button thats why, press select and then [] for screenshot.
BTW monkey pspuser is banned, u can come back to psp-hacks forums now :D

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 17:00
their wi-fi system really sucks. friend codeshttp://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5540/iconbiggrin8nb.gif
but i still enjoy my ds (like many of the games alot, sonic rush and castlevania dos are some of my fav portable games ever...) i just dont understand why nintendo didnt make ds with better hardware.... :mad:

The only known answer is because they are cheap. They will do as much as they can but only as long as it's cheap.

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 17:04
Yay I survived alpha (i think). I got home last night at 4:30am, went to bed and got up at 10:15 this morning. :P

Anyways I though about it this morning and I think I am gonna backup my hle code and try just directly porting an old build of gln64 plugin. I know enough now on hle emulation that I think I can rewrite alot for psp hardware (lighting & transformation) & as well remove alot of overhead to try speeding things up. Hopefuly this will give me good looking gfx. If it doesnt then I am just gonna go back to my old code and debug the hell out of it.

So hopefuly if all can go well and I fix the issues, I'll post a build. I actualy last night I played some more of quest64 and it plays really

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 17:11
Yay I survived alpha (i think). I got home last night at 4:30am, went to bed and got up at 10:15 this morning. :P

Anyways I though about it this morning and I think I am gonna backup my hle code and try just directly porting an old build of gln64 plugin. I know enough now on hle emulation that I think I can rewrite alot for psp hardware (lighting & transformation) & as well remove alot of overhead to try speeding things up. Hopefuly this will give me good looking gfx. If it doesnt then I am just gonna go back to my old code and debug the hell out of it.

So hopefuly if all can go well and I fix the issues, I'll post a build. I actualy last night I played some more of quest64 and it plays really good. I got as far as getting outside of the building but then the camera gets a little funky and its hard to play. I really would like atleast 1 game to play well before next build. If I get the textures & display issues fixed, atleast a decent chunk of games should play well.

DPyro
May 2nd, 2006, 17:15
*finishes PSmonkeys sentence*

...really good.

LHorse007
May 2nd, 2006, 17:17
where have I heard of gln64 plugin before? is it in pj64?

jas0nuk
May 2nd, 2006, 17:30
It's a 3rd party graphics plugin. You can use it to replace Zilmars PJ64 graphics plugin.

EDIT: Off-topic, but I can't get gln64 0.41 to work on my machine, I have a GeForce MX 5500, is that why? On Mario 64 all I can see is Mario and the rest is just black.

sroon
May 2nd, 2006, 17:30
I think that it would be better if the emulator is optamized directly for the psps hardware without just porting it from something else.

kersplatty
May 2nd, 2006, 17:32
how is mario and other roms coming along now? also when you say quest plays well. it plays well although the textures arent fully done?
what type of roms does it support. sorry for all the question getin a little to excited about this :o

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 17:38
err i pushed enter too soon. I finished my sentance.

sroon,
I heavly agree with you but at the moment it might be more wise for me to just take gln64 plugin and port. Once I can get that fully working well I can easly go back and fix my stuff but over all the results will be much better with gln64 in.

DPyro
May 2nd, 2006, 17:41
Yay! How long do you think it will take to port the gln64 plugin? :)

Infernux
May 2nd, 2006, 17:45
you can do whatever you want Psmonkey, I support you in whatever decision you choose. But you don't have to port something to get your emulator on par with Daedelus, because in the end, we already know yours will be better.

Demolition49
May 2nd, 2006, 18:15
In my opinion Daedelus has done a good job with M64 for the first 5 mins of game... then it totally messes up, did i mention it was slow too... OH and it can only play a limited amount of games... (less than Monkey64) 8mb Max too...

DPyro
May 2nd, 2006, 18:21
Yes, M64 is faster and more compatible - and will have working graphics by next week! :D

LiNKZiE
May 2nd, 2006, 18:29
Yes, M64 is faster and more compatible - and will have working graphics by next week! :D

can't wait!

Gray Fox
May 2nd, 2006, 18:41
i have used games up to 12mb and it worked but like every game it messes up after a while

tsurumaru
May 2nd, 2006, 18:58
PSmonkey,

I don't post too often but I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work, whether you work together or on separate Emu's I'm sure you can both learn from each other. Just remember if you hadn't kept at it then the Daedalus port may never have been completed or at least it may not have emerged for some time.

There may be a lot of ungrateful jerks in the PSP homebrew scene but there are also those who really appreciate the hard work you put in.

ExcruciationX
May 2nd, 2006, 19:19
I cannot wait either!!! :D

The Horny Antilope
May 2nd, 2006, 19:25
The only known answer is because they are cheap. They will do as much as they can but only as long as it's cheap.
nintendo are being to greedy :mad:

cool!!! :D :D :D

btw psmonkey, have you tried to run starsoldier on yours? i think its really easy to emulate since it worked better then mario 64 on deadalus even tho he hadnt worked specifiallly for that game.... u should try it!!!

NRGFORCE
May 2nd, 2006, 19:43
Yes, M64 is faster and more compatible - and will have working graphics by next week!

You have just officially made my day.

DessyDago
May 2nd, 2006, 19:53
I can wait for however long it takes, you've done great work on your own coding and everyone here has seen great progress. Keep up the good work no matter what you do, I just hope you keep up with your project. =-)

kersplatty
May 2nd, 2006, 19:54
lol both of your first posts, monkey is a major fanbase for dcemu :eek: :confused: :D

Inu268
May 2nd, 2006, 20:17
nintendo are being to greedy :mad:

nah they just want it to be cheaper so more people can buy it....they always did that....they firstly wanted the NES to have a 16-bit processor and disk drive while still being affordable (about US$75)....but obviously it would cost more than that at that time....
anyway can't wait for the next week to see this out =p

BrooksyX
May 2nd, 2006, 20:30
monkey, maybe you could colaborate with StrmnNrmn and figure out how he got mario to load so you can figure what bug is causing not to load in yours.

Hey also a good a idea would be to beat him to support saving because evertime you start a game on mario it takes like 5 min for the intro. So i bet it would be much appreciated even if it was something primitive.

oh and i was wondering if are you going to support compression in your next release.

sroon
May 2nd, 2006, 21:48
PSmonkey you are awsome!
You have done well.

Shilo
May 2nd, 2006, 23:29
nah they just want it to be cheaper so more people can buy it....they always did that....they firstly wanted the NES to have a 16-bit processor and disk drive while still being affordable (about US$75)....but obviously it would cost more than that at that time....

My NES still has the price tag on the box (yes I still have the box and every thing else:D If I would have bought it, I wouldn't have throwed it in the basement like my parnets did, BTW it was one of there wedding presents, and now it is mine:D) and the price is $99.97, but that is a great price for such a great console!!!!! Good luck with working out the grapics problems PSmonkey, and I'm looking forward to the next build:D

Wally
May 3rd, 2006, 01:22
Mario 64 only runs at 5FPS on daedleus in most cases (this can be checked by pressing select in most cases)

Mario need not go much faster. Im guessing about 15fps is fast enough to run mario.
Daedelus is like a proof of concept that N64 is quite able to be emulated on the PSP.

RaiderX
May 3rd, 2006, 01:41

yea they make stuff cheap for the buyers, the Revolution (Yes, REVOLUTION, not that gay wii...) is gonna be lessa than $200 and most people will buy it since the 360 is already too expesnive for a lot of people, and with the PS3's "more of a family purchase" price tag, yea....

PS3 is prolly gonna be around $600 - $700 from checking the specs and comapring with similar products etc.

Yea nintendos a good company with the buyers on their mind first before all other things, really

Sony, I emailed, they didnt even read my letter, they replied me and sadi to call their help number, I called, and it said the phone call was gonna cost $10!! TEN DOLLARS FOR A PHONE CALL!?!??! :eek: Thats just too much! :mad: Especially when if they cared, they could have read my email and told me to ship the PSP to them to get it fixed, assholes... :mad:

Anyway yea.

Oh, keep up the great work Monkey! Cant wait to see where the gnl port gets!
Daelalus, good luck also
May the better man win!

Shilo
May 3rd, 2006, 01:55
I'm gona get a "Wii" cuz the 360 is and the PS3 will be too much money (lol I almost typed monkey insted of money, lol I did it again).

PSPtwister
May 3rd, 2006, 02:04
hey people,are we supposed to be able to play roms in the newest version of that n64 emulator?

kyle2194
May 3rd, 2006, 02:06
You start the program from your games menu. It loads up. Theres a list of games. You hit x.

PSPtwister
May 3rd, 2006, 02:10
hey,i know that,nvm,i was just playing mario,very fun,even if slow

middlemaniac
May 3rd, 2006, 02:43
I would just like to tell PSmonkey how much I appreciate you! You are my favorite coder, and your emulator is definetly going to be the fastest since your making it from scratch! Can't wait till you get those graphix from GLN64 working, $n!per said you told him it will probably take a few days to do. Thanks!

ZFB8
May 3rd, 2006, 02:58
Hey, I was just wondering something. It said on PSPU that you and the author of Daedalus were collaborating. Did it mean that you two were teaming up and making one emulator, or does it just mean that you two are helping each other out somewhat on your own seperate emulators?

RedKing14CA
May 3rd, 2006, 03:16
theres a guy helping the strmnnermn guy too... with PSP coding...

PSmonkey
May 3rd, 2006, 03:20
The two of us are going to work together on a few things but not really work on a single project (atleast not at the current time).

middlemaniac
May 3rd, 2006, 03:23
How is the GLN64 graphix going PSmonkey? When you have the grafix working will they be as good as the ones in the actual GLN64 emulator? Can you release screens of Mario Kart when you have them working since everyone saw that you could actually already play Mario Kart at 10-15fps in game(Maybe more now). When you start to work on a dynamic recomplier and an interpreter will we see speeds jump trumendously?

ZFB8
May 3rd, 2006, 03:52
The two of us are going to work together on a few things but not really work on a single project (atleast not at the current time).

Ok, thanks for answering my question :P

BALL_SAC
May 3rd, 2006, 04:58

You two should learn to be a team, and create a new n64 emulater. Your going to have a hard time keeping up with the deadulus emulater with new realeases every friken day. There for, you guys should start a new team.

middlemaniac
May 3rd, 2006, 05:04
Well, PSmonkey's emulator is soon going to be far ahead , since it will have the GLN64 graphix, and it will be faster! Psmonky's emulator is also being built from scratch so the speed in the end, will be fast unlike a port of the other N64 emulator. PSmonkey hasn't even started on a dynamic recomplier and it is still going faster then the other emuator. Just imagine when PSmonkeys starts on his dynamic recomplier, finishes textures and grafix, and has us playing Mario Kart and other games.(The games will most likely be around 30fps when he's done!)

silvershadow
May 3rd, 2006, 05:37
i feel, its smarter to work on two seperate projects, not as enemies though. sure u could have a little rivalry to keep things fun, but not enemies. i noticed, from experience, if many updates keep comming out for a program, its better to work seperately, but if you are making one big final public release, its better to work as a group.

By reading what middlemaniac just said, its gettin me excited..

lol..middlemaniac, everything u are saying...sounds soo exciting, lol.

i dont know how the emulators work exactly..but i thought to myself...maybe the reason psmonkey's is fast is because there arent any real graphics yet? i could be wrong, and i sure hope i am wrong. :) cant wait to see what the future holds for emulation on the psp. after, n64 is done, then DS..:D..lol..i just said that because im really looking fowards to play the new mario brothers....

keep up the good work both "teams"..

psiko_scweek
May 3rd, 2006, 05:38
we can only hope middlemaniac.... i have no doubt in PSmonkeys abilities as a coder, and since he is going to be working with the author of Daedlus and getting help from him i believe that we will see Monkey64 pop up sometime soon with the GFX problems ironed out for the most part. BUT always remember that emulating the N64 on the PSP is going to be a long project ecspecially when they try to implement sound and maybe wifi. I hope Monkey64 will be optimized enough to handle the addition strain on the CPU from the sound and such, becayse if it is, then this would be the BEST homebrew on the PSP

You two should learn to be a team, and create a new n64 emulater. Your going to have a hard time keeping up with the deadulus emulater with new realeases every friken day. There for, you guys should start a new team.

I think its best to keep things seperate, also problem keeping up with DeadulusPSP? i really dont think so, in some ways DeadulusPSP has to do some catching up to Monkey64...if you remember Monkey64 can actually get ingame with MarioKart64 while Daedulus as of now, cant. Also from what ive been reading the FPS of Monkey64 is much higher than that of Daedulus.

...now what Monkey64 does have to worry about is presetation...its just simply amazing seeing the Super Mario 64 logo on the PSP, something that Monkey64 cant do quite yet (BUT im hoping PSMonkey can get that sorted out with the new GFX plugin).

ok ive babbled enough

ExcruciationX
May 3rd, 2006, 06:54
we can only hope middlemaniac.... i have no doubt in PSmonkeys abilities as a coder, and since he is going to be working with the author of Daedlus and getting help from him i believe that we will see Monkey64 pop up sometime soon with the GFX problems ironed out for the most part. BUT always remember that emulating the N64 on the PSP is going to be a long project ecspecially when they try to implement sound and maybe wifi. I hope Monkey64 will be optimized enough to handle the addition strain on the CPU from the sound and such, becayse if it is, then this would be the BEST homebrew on the PSP

I think its best to keep things seperate, also problem keeping up with DeadulusPSP? i really dont think so, in some ways DeadulusPSP has to do some catching up to Monkey64...if you remember Monkey64 can actually get ingame with MarioKart64 while Daedulus as of now, cant. Also from what ive been reading the FPS of Monkey64 is much higher than that of Daedulus.

...now what Monkey64 does have to worry about is presetation...its just simply amazing seeing the Super Mario 64 logo on the PSP, something that Monkey64 cant do quite yet (BUT im hoping PSMonkey can get that sorted out with the new GFX plugin).

ok ive babbled enough
I agree with that to, and becides if they were a team what would they name there emulator?

Erban
May 3rd, 2006, 06:55
I think in the end Monkey64 will run alot better.I dont wanna put down the auther of daedulus but I do belive he was having trouble working on this PORT.I agree with you psiko_scweek that SOUND,espesially on 2.0 and abouve will be very intesting to say the least without the ME,still very possible though. Personally weather they TEAM up or not its great to have TWO very tallented coders working on the PSP! THANKS PSMONKEY

P.S. was wondering if anyone at ur work knows of these EMULATORS?? Or would you have to KILL ME? :)

DPyro
May 3rd, 2006, 07:19
LOL, I wonder how Nintendo would like it that your making an N64 emulator for a rival console :p

stotheamuel
May 3rd, 2006, 07:41
yeah hes fired the next day for plotting against the company

infernomax
May 3rd, 2006, 09:56
yeah hes fired the next day for plotting against the company

HaHa that would suck , Any Progress reports with the EMU monkey?

V3N0M
May 3rd, 2006, 10:32
Amazing the next few weeks are going to intresting. No doubt abot that.

silvershadow
May 3rd, 2006, 12:03
i guess if things get too difficult without the ME...they can always make a silent version for version 2.00+ and a full version for 1.50 :)

btw, a quick question. what would the frames need to run at for the games to be smoothe? or is every game different? i had a feeling it was 30fps..but im not sure. or is my question just stupid and im not thinking? hehe...but yah, either way, i would like to know, thanks.

ExcruciationX
May 3rd, 2006, 14:01
i guess if things get too difficult without the ME...they can always make a silent version for version 2.00+ and a full version for 1.50 :)

btw, a quick question. what would the frames need to run at for the games to be smoothe? or is every game different? i had a feeling it was 30fps..but im not sure. or is my question just stupid and im not thinking? hehe...but yah, either way, i would like to know, thanks.
To answer your question...
It depends on the game. Super Mario 64 runs at 30 fps, while Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark run at 60fps.

Demolition49
May 3rd, 2006, 14:22
It depends on the game. Super Mario 64 runs at 30 fps, while Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark run at 60fps.

Where exactly did u get this info...

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 14:52
I am pretty sure n64 games were made to run at about 60 fps. I think a good goal for monkey64 and deadulus is to aim for about 20~25 fps and then add about a frame skip of 1 or 2 and we should see many games that run fine. Although i have no doubt in my mind that Psmonkey could achieve 30+ fps, it just seems to be a long way down the road of n64 emulation on the psp, if even at all.

Any updates Psmonkey?

Demolition49
May 3rd, 2006, 15:00
We will prob get some updates later tonight... i hope work hasnt got PSmonkey tied up again:(

kersplatty
May 3rd, 2006, 17:30
yeah work sucks, come on monkey just a few more weeks of hard working nights now? :eek:

MonoLoco
May 3rd, 2006, 18:36
I'm pretty confident that all N64 games run at 30 fps except for F-Zero X.

qaopjlll
May 3rd, 2006, 18:41

No, the only N64 game to run at 60 fps is F-Zero. Perfect Dark and Goldeneye run at really low framerates when there's any on-screen action.

Inu268
May 3rd, 2006, 18:43
I'm pretty confident that all N64 games run at 30 fps except for F-Zero X.
you are wrong...all the ones i play run at 60 fps(well they were supposed to but they run at about 35-50 fps)...if they were supposed to run at 30 fps i could play perfectly on my computer =p

kersplatty
May 3rd, 2006, 19:19
doesnt look like we will be getin a monkey update 2day :(

silvershadow
May 3rd, 2006, 19:28
u cant expect him to have an update EVERYDAY...come onn, lol. its way easier to talk then to actually program.

Demolition49
May 3rd, 2006, 19:48
Lol, u guys just wait, i dont think PSmonkey is home yet.

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 20:02
It's the middle of the day where do you expect him to be :rolleyes: . He is most likely at work.

kersplatty
May 3rd, 2006, 20:15
no its not its nightime...hang on is monkey american?

Demolition49
May 3rd, 2006, 20:18
I dont know but im in UK and its daytime 20:18 ... i dont think PSmonkey lives in america or UK... i THINK... not sure... monkey where do u live again?

DPyro
May 3rd, 2006, 20:28
Montreal, Canada (-05:00 GMT)

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 20:39
just think eastern time zone

Cooe14
May 3rd, 2006, 20:59
i just looked up Monteral's time it is 4:00 pm there so he probably is still at work.

Demolition49
May 3rd, 2006, 21:18
Well duh lol, cant wait till he starts working on Monkey64 :D

drquack02
May 3rd, 2006, 21:53
Thank god Monkey hasn't released a new build this week.

I would do zero studying for my finals :p

Psycho77
May 3rd, 2006, 21:58
He leave in the best city in the world !

DPyro
May 3rd, 2006, 22:05
You mean country :p

hibbity
May 3rd, 2006, 22:19
i just had the greatest idea ever!!!!!

we can all send psmonkey money, and then he wont have to go to work, he can stay at home and work directly for the masses. then, if he doesnt post updates and code his little fingers off, people will forget to send him money, and then he wont be able to pay his rent or taxes, and then he'll get kicked out of his house, and then,
:eek: there will be no updates EVER!!!!!!11!!!1 :eek: :(

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 22:23
You mean country :p
you canadians and your we... never mind. ;)

NRGFORCE
May 3rd, 2006, 22:50
Sooo any chance of monkey updating tonight?? :confused:

BTW Canada rox!!

Produkt
May 3rd, 2006, 23:03
You're all a bunch a loonies...

sroon
May 3rd, 2006, 23:09
I really dont think that PSmonkey would quit his job for a bunch of people who (might) donate to him.

bugo
May 3rd, 2006, 23:11
yo hello PSmonkey, hows it going? everything ok?
hehe, guys, I think PSmonkey wants donation, but not for getting it fulltime on emu, lol.
He said that when he launches the first working release he will send us paypal number account, so we can wait a little more to donate.

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 23:18
no way could he live off of donations.

Accordion
May 3rd, 2006, 23:20
yeah
the "might" donate part doesnt give someone much security

has the mario bug had any progress so far?

post some info on iris please.
the whole n64 emu seems a tiny bit overated(though i have spent a lot of time on the other emu) i have always preferred the original releases (or ports of stuff i never knew existed) much better to emulators

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 23:29
....post some info on iris please.....

he isnt working on iris right now :( . He is just focusing on monkey64 I am pretty sure.

Accordion
May 3rd, 2006, 23:32
shame

Produkt
May 3rd, 2006, 23:34
You're still all Loonies...

I'll have some updates on iris come next week, cant say when, dont know how Much work I'll be able to finish in newyork

BrooksyX
May 3rd, 2006, 23:36
sounds like your basically taking over iris for the time be.

Xiro
May 3rd, 2006, 23:37
the whole n64 emu seems a tiny bit overated(though i have spent a lot of time on the other emu) i have always preferred the original releases (or ports of stuff i never knew existed) much better to emulators

i have to say that you are a minority on that one. An emulator requires more time but opens 100's of games to PSP users. A homebrew release generally is shorter in development, but even if good, is only 1 game.

Accordion
May 3rd, 2006, 23:50
i dont mean that emus are bad
but original built up from the ground releases are more exciting and really push the psp as a system

it is possible, though highly unlikely that sony would take a much kinder view on homebrew if only new games were made, like the linux kit for PS2 or net yaroze on PS1

i appreciate every homebrew release, but it seems a shame that the psp will never be remembered as a psp in its own right but as a platform for emulators and nothing more
if i want to play a SNES i will play my SNES under my TV

Produkt
May 3rd, 2006, 23:59
sounds like your basically taking over iris for the time be.

I still hold my statement, you are a loonie...

I'm a part of the content/media of Iris, but without monkey Iris, is well nothing.

calebg
May 4th, 2006, 00:01

why would they do that when u can hear sound on other emulators

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:02
other emulators = not as demanding
n64 emu = very demanding

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:04
I still hold my statement, you are a loonie...

me a loonie, i was against that whole donation thing but thats alright, I am kinda crazy.

I think i can wait for iris, i just want to a see build of monkey64 with working textures.

Produkt
May 4th, 2006, 00:12
I could wait... but I'm already playing it...

Ahh crap I need to tweek the textures some more :(

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:22
no fair, want to hook a brother up?

DPyro
May 4th, 2006, 00:27
Ya, I already got it too :p

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:34
maybe you guys could put in a good word for with the big man and then maybe, just maybe he would let me join his little inner cirlce of freinds!

Produkt
May 4th, 2006, 00:37
Friends, Yes, but we also contribute greatly to the project!

start making models for Iris, or make a stunning map.

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:41
good idea, did you ever finish that tutorial on how to map for the new iris. I would greatly appreciate it if you taught me.

Produkt
May 4th, 2006, 00:49
I said there wasnt going to be a tutorial untill it was released, If you wish to start working on content for the next version you'll have to set up a meeting with me, but like I said before I'll be in newyorkthis weekend so no chatting on msn... I'll be walking around in the streets mate...

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 00:56
okay well ill just have to wait then. I dont think i could meet up with in new york considering i am on the other side of the country.

middlemaniac
May 4th, 2006, 01:32
Can you update us PSmonkey, on how porting the graphix from GLN64 is going.

chickenclaws
May 4th, 2006, 02:13
Please Dont Tell Me His Quit The Mob, And Got One Of His Fingers Cut Off< No More Typing >

drquack02
May 4th, 2006, 02:19
Give the guy time!

He has a private life, and I know how hard it is to get computer time when the girlfriend wants attention. :p

Think about it this way, the less time hes updating us right now the more he is porting that plugin ;)

Produkt
May 4th, 2006, 03:18
Give the guy a break. He's a great guy doing great things, calm down relax and sip your coffe, or if you're like me, grab a bottle of Bawls and make bad jokes about them being blue...

Hey get your hands off my bawls! they cost 2 bucks each!

Erban
May 4th, 2006, 03:46
I agree Produkt and Drquack02.I cant see how he has a job this emu AND A LIFE!! Must be VERY crazy for him.......probably ALOT of sleepless nights......$hit he might FINALLY be havin a BEER himself for a change.....he needs to relax too you know.....anyways he's a great coder and Im sure he'll update us in doo time dont worrie!!

Zeemon
May 4th, 2006, 03:56
Yeah-- if you think waiting a few days for an update is bad... Then you are NUTS!

Produkt
May 4th, 2006, 04:08
you crazy kids...

I'm gonna go back and tweek my old MK ripoff, Ahh little Cybiko, how crappy yet fun you were...

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 05:44
sorry guys.

I was stuck at work till 4am tuesday morning due to my project going alpha. So I pretty much spent tuesday at work (went back in at 11am) zoned out and mentaly fried.

Today (wendsday even tho its really thursday now) I started cracking on a few things in m64. I am fixing my memory system which will make porting the gfx plugin easier (i might do a rewrite vs a port). Anyways things are going well but i am not done yet. I got homebrew booting again and am working on fixing the hle to get comercial booting again. Anyways I am gonna put another hour into m64 and hit the sack.

FYI, my posting will heavly reduce for the rest of the week while I try to focuse more on m64 insted of posting on the inet. :P

As for iris, i'm still doing some planning. Once I get some stuff fixed in m64 & hopefuly post a new buld, i am gonna put some serious time into fixing iris (i know i said this before but i still have not gotten a new m64 build out).

stotheamuel
May 4th, 2006, 05:47
ahh yes this is the post ive been waiting for

sorry man... that sucks hope work stops being stressful

cant wait for the new build... no pressure.. HAVE FUN ;)

Erban
May 4th, 2006, 06:16
AQUA TEEN IS THE $HIT!!! Sorry ! now thats outta the way.

Sorry. And take Your time PSmonkey

DPyro
May 4th, 2006, 06:28
Wow has this ever gone off topic...

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 08:54
GD it. I said i was only putting in another hour. Grr i put in 4 (its almost 4am). oh well it was worth it and i'll have some new stuff for you guys later in the week (have many bugs to fix).

kersplatty
May 4th, 2006, 10:23
yay gd to see your still alive :D

bugo
May 4th, 2006, 11:36
wow, im glad to hear it...
I will be waiting playing Oblivion and working too.
Im doing the new site for Darwinia´s Game... (sorry for offtopic)

Demolition49
May 4th, 2006, 13:37
Hmmm sounds interesting i like the idea of a rewrite instead of a port, i wouldnt wanna see the emulator purely coded from scratch and thn half way through port somthing, it wouldnt see right... anyways i bet things are going pretty good... im gnna stop posting as frequent... you end up sounding like a little kiddie if ur constantly posting for info about updates(lol it wasnt me, was it?).

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 14:47
sounds likek good news.
good luck with rewrite (it thats your plan).

LiNKZiE
May 4th, 2006, 15:32
good luck with everything psmonkey!

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 15:59
THIS IS NOT TO BE POSTED ANYWHERE. THIS IS EXCLUSIVE FOR THIS FORUM ONLY. POSTING THIS IMAGE OR EVEN POSTING ABOUT THIS IMAGE ON ANOTHER SITE IS FORBIDEN (I dont want to listen to a bunch of bratty kids on pspu site bitching at me, FAK them).
:mad:

:o
Note, this is all you're getting. I wont be posting more shots till after a build comes out. So please savor this screenshot.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Inu268
May 4th, 2006, 16:02
^looking great...but what game is it? XD
[edit]
yeah just read the pic name....

Xiro
May 4th, 2006, 16:10
maybe automobile lamborgini?

whatever it is its looking good.

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 16:29
Its Automobile Lambergini. Probably the only Good game to come out of Titus.

ExcruciationX
May 4th, 2006, 16:57
Look's really good! I cannot wait for the new build!

Demolition49
May 4th, 2006, 17:06
Wow, thats brill... :( no more screenies... so does any 1 have an idea when next build is out.

DPyro
May 4th, 2006, 17:38
When bugs are fixed.

drquack02
May 4th, 2006, 17:43
When bugs are fixed.
Well said :p

Good luck with the glitches and stuff Money! Seems like the textures are starting to shape up :)

kersplatty
May 4th, 2006, 17:51
nice one monkey, oooh this must mean the next build will be out soon :D

Timale-Kun
May 4th, 2006, 17:51
Wow, thats brill... :( no more screenies... so does any 1 have an idea when next build is out.

Do u want a great release or a crappy one. Just Wait for it, It'll be out when it'll be done. Stop asking, kinda put pressure on the coders and it's not only for PSMonkey but for every devs/coders

btw well done PSMonkey, don't underestimate the monkey^^

Demolition49
May 4th, 2006, 18:11
Do u want a great release or a crappy one. Just Wait for it, It'll be out when it'll be done. Stop asking, kinda put pressure on the coders and it's not only for PSMonkey but for every devs/coders

btw well done PSMonkey, don't underestimate the monkey^^

I didnt say i want a crappy one... i just wanted an estimate... is it a crime to want an estimate.

phantom-xxx
May 4th, 2006, 18:19
ps monkey did u have a look at the graphicsplugin of daedalus emu?

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 19:14
I didnt say i want a crappy one... i just wanted an estimate... is it a crime to want an estimate.

Its cool. I just dont wish to give one since I dont want to let everybody down if I cant make it. Yet things are REALLY REALLY looking up so far. So it could be quite soon.

Mario just called to render a triangle. :D
I also found whats crashing some games (grr bad swaping code).

Psycho77
May 4th, 2006, 19:39
I'm expecting to play Mario 64 at 30fps, perfect textures and of course with sound by 9h00pm tonight. You better no disapoint ME !

This say, I won't be home tonight so I will forgive you for this time ! ;)

You can come play poker with me tonight if you want, it's a small game, 10$ ! *I feel the peoples hate me already for that offer*

lildude9232
May 4th, 2006, 19:41
how is Quest64 looking??? anyone know??

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2006, 20:13
looks like you finally are getting textures working well, i cant wait for the next release!
Hopefully you can get mario working by then too.

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 20:24
Don't rush your self PSMonkey. But man this is going to be cool After N64 theres only PS1 and AES. Maby someothers. And homebrew will be at its best for the psp. Like i said before the Next few weeks are going to be intresting.

Erban
May 4th, 2006, 20:42
Yeah I said not to even have them (pspu) post ANY news on M64 cause of all the F@gg little kids over thier.......most of them are 14 anyways...........

So yeah GREAT progress PSMONKEY!!!!!

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 20:58
Yeah I said not to even have them (pspu) post ANY news on M64 cause of all the F@gg little kids over thier.......most of them are 14 anyways...........

So yeah GREAT progress PSMONKEY!!!!!

lol ya your probaly right and i also think everyone should post a little less so we don't bother monkey. Soon people Soon...lol man this is gonna be cool!lol

Demolition49
May 4th, 2006, 21:12
Its cool. I just dont wish to give one since I dont want to let everybody down if I cant make it. Yet things are REALLY REALLY looking up so far. So it could be quite soon.

Mario just called to render a triangle. :D
I also found whats crashing some games (grr bad swaping code).

Thanks, you understand where im coming from.

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:05
Has monkey said anything about playing larger roms in the next build?

DPyro
May 4th, 2006, 23:36
No, hes not supporting bigger roms atm but im sure when he does the roms will load alot quicker than Daedelus. :)

Wally
May 4th, 2006, 23:39
Its true what $n!pR just said. Takes about 10 seconds to load any rom in monkey 64 :)

Good stuff PSmonkey :)

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 23:43
THIS IS NOT TO BE POSTED ANYWHERE. THIS IS EXCLUSIVE FOR THIS FORUM ONLY. POSTING THIS IMAGE OR EVEN POSTING ABOUT THIS IMAGE ON ANOTHER SITE IS FORBIDEN (I dont want to listen to a bunch of bratty kids on pspu site bitching at me, FAK them).
:mad:

:o
Sorry I lied, No more shots after this one. I wont be posting more shots till after a build comes out. So please savor this screenshot.

It's better late then never.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Ps, It stops here tho. I still need tlb emulation to make the game progress out of the title screen. I am gonna look at that tonight.

ZFB8
May 4th, 2006, 23:45
NICE! I like it a lot. I wish it could get further though D:

Btw, I see the title screen is running at about 20 FPS, how fast is this part on Daedalus? Anyone mind checking? I'm sort of away from my PSP at the moment, or I would try it myself.

PSmonkey
May 4th, 2006, 23:45
oh just to clear up. I dont hate pspupdates at all. I am just tired of the comment section there (& the one at psp-hacks). Specialy since it's 1 guy who keeps attacking me.

Shadowblind
May 4th, 2006, 23:47
hmmm, its coming really quick. Have you and diciduous(i cant spell) decided to work together? If you do the emu will probably be out in less then a month :eek:

oh and who are you talking about in psp-hacks.com? if its pspuser10 he got permanantly banned

Wally
May 4th, 2006, 23:53
Great stuff PSmonkey.

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:56
they probaly can learn from each other but not work together at least not yet because the emulaters are to different right now because daedalus is a port where as monkey is specificaly made for the psp and built from scratch. Its best it stays that way i think monkeys will give better results due to the fact its made for the psp.

NRGFORCE
May 4th, 2006, 23:57
AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work PSMonkey!! :D

DPyro
May 4th, 2006, 23:58
I think daedelus just ported his to take a shot at Monkey :mad:

Shadowblind
May 5th, 2006, 00:00
even if he did, it doesnt matter. You can never have enough n64 PSP emulators, so no one can take anothers spotlight in whole.

ZFB8
May 5th, 2006, 00:11
Monkey, I just have one more question. Do you think that when you get the textures right, it will affect the framerate?

DPyro
May 5th, 2006, 00:29
Probably not...if anything it might even make things faster as bugs are fixed.

NRGFORCE
May 5th, 2006, 00:33
I think daedelus just ported his to take a shot at Monkey

Yeah, I thought so too... Also because he already had it done months ago, Like, ''This is the best time to release my N64 emu before monkey comes up with something better so I can take the spotlight for a while''

Erban
May 5th, 2006, 00:38
Yeah, I thought so too... Also because he already had it done months ago, Like, ''This is the best time to release my N64 emu before monkey comes up with something better so I can take the spotlight for a while''

Yeah I agree too,but his still isnt playable so REALLY kinda just proof of concept I think.

BrooksyX
May 5th, 2006, 00:48
I also think that he was just trying to take a shot at psmonkey. BUT! come on this is a good thing, a little competition is great for the scene.

By the way nice mario screen, Psmonkey. I am just dying to have the next release.

Demolition49
May 5th, 2006, 00:49
Monkey64 is much better and i actually think the two of them joining would be more benificial to Daedleus rather than Monkey64... simply because Monkey can get ingame in alot more games... textures arnt far off Daedleus now that PSmonkey is cracking away at getting the new build out.

BrooksyX
May 5th, 2006, 00:55
i agree

but a little competition never hurt anything.

your_flys_open
May 5th, 2006, 01:35
those screenshots are great. keep up the good work.

btw $n!per u sad that habs are out or are u not a hockey fan. (i think u live in montreal.)

stotheamuel
May 5th, 2006, 01:55
i have 2 sides to this arguement

i don't think he was trying to take a "shot" at nebody.... i really think since (even at one time there was a rule about n64 emulator suggestions I think) he didnt think people wouldn't believe in him.. and since we all have faith he knew it would be accepted

on the other hand when he posted it he used psmonkey's name as if to say "heres mine it gets into mario yet his doesn't (well didnt :) )

ps.... beautiful shots

DPyro
May 5th, 2006, 01:57
Huh...When did I say that (btw I dont live in montreal).

MonoLoco
May 5th, 2006, 01:57
Looks like Monkey64 is really progressing--once textures are down pat, Daedalus is going to be put to shame, but just out of curiousity, is Monkey64's next build going to look as good as Daedalus (with, in at least some places, practically glitchless textures...llke the first two or three minutes of playing Mario 64, haha), or is that still a few builds off?

BALL_SAC
May 5th, 2006, 01:59
He wasnt taking a shot at him... Stmnmorm or whatever his name is, is a great coder. Psmonkey should seriously think about joining up with him. Exchanging code with each other would only creat a better emulator.

stotheamuel
May 5th, 2006, 02:02

already been discussed

EDIT

page 7... this thread.... 5th post

BALL_SAC
May 5th, 2006, 02:11
already been discussed

How about give me a link then, so that I can see for my self?

Shadowblind
May 5th, 2006, 02:14

you guys just need to chill. even if he did, it shouldnt matter.

glitch
May 5th, 2006, 03:20
wow, I have not logged in for a long time but that mario pick back a few pages forced me -.- .... great work!

I dunno what the deal is with the textures hell I don't even know coding but is the source from daedalus of no help in how you might be able fix em? I guess whatever render engine he is calling on though is probably different but I would imagine he has a more complete table of translations for the calls the textures require?

imo, I'd love to see a port of UltraHLE it is the first n64 emu I had success with and it was blazing fast in 1999 but I also remember 1964 not playing any commercail roms in those days and now it the best for those who are low on resources.