PDA

View Full Version : MikeDX`s DX Dev Site Comes to DCEmu (The MAMEPSP Coder)

wraggster
May 2nd, 2006, 01:01
MikeDX who is working on the improvement of the port of MAME for the PSP is the newest coder to join the family of coders at the DCEmu Network, at the moment his site is very much a WIP site but things will get cracking soon and especially on the MAME for PSP front.

Check out MikeDXs site here --> http://dxdev.dcemu.co.uk/

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 2nd, 2006, 19:02
Hey just finished putting the final touches to the latest psp mame video i have compiled.should hopefully be available to download later tonight.. :>

pepegomez
May 2nd, 2006, 19:57
whats so special about mame?

tsurumaru
May 2nd, 2006, 22:19
All those great games where graphics were secondary to gameplay..... ;)

Voltron
May 2nd, 2006, 22:53
MAME is before my time but I appreciate and respect it. Sure games today are visually stunning and almost infinitely complex, but how many games today do people relentlessy play over and over blistering their thumbs like we did with the NES & SNES? Not too many.

This is just my opinion but I think because technology is advancing at practically the speed of light that a lot of developers are pressured into releasing technologically next-gen games. Not enough time is spent on gameplay, lasting appeal, fun factor, etc. This is why I have an endearing respect for Shigeru Miyamoto & Nintendo.

So the point is that it is great to be able to travel back in time to experience the fun-filled classics. That makes this emu special for the PSP. Great work!