PDA

View Full Version : Possible Team-up in the World of Emulating N64?

Kaiser
May 2nd, 2006, 04:28
The suprising release of Daedalus and the extremely positive feed back recieved on the project may have started something truly great. PSMonkey (nemo.dcemu.co.uk) has long been developing his own N64 emulator for the PSP and has gone quite a long way since first releasing his port of Nincest. There's been much buzz around a possible team up with some promising posts (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=34897&highlight=Daedalus) by Nexis/PSmonkey and StrmnNrmn over at the Emutalk forums. Whether they are helping each other with information exchanges or if they have decided to team up and work on a single emulator, this can only mean good things ahead for PSP users.

These are exciting days in the world of PSP homebrew so keep your ears and eyes peeled!

Cooe14
May 2nd, 2006, 04:31
My guess is that they are exchanging information, I doubt there will be a full-scale team up.

Kaiser
May 2nd, 2006, 04:33
My guess is that they are exchanging information, I doubt there will be a full-scale team up.

Its hard to say. PSmonkey seems interested on working on one. :D

Any chance would you be interested in working together on a single emulator?

Privateer
May 2nd, 2006, 04:37
After the "downgrade renaissance," I was afraid PSP coding wouldn't ever kick back up again. I'm glad that wasn't the case. :]

stotheamuel
May 2nd, 2006, 04:53
this is going to be great

Emeriastone
May 2nd, 2006, 05:09
Cheers!

felonyr301
May 2nd, 2006, 05:32
i hope they do something together as things done by more people is always better .

John Vattic
May 2nd, 2006, 05:38
This almost brings a tear of joy to my eye.
For them to team up and get a good code going is fantastic news for the scene.
Good form Monkey and StrmnNrmn! bloody good form!

P.S. I think world leaders could learn from this.

Gene
May 2nd, 2006, 06:54
This almost brings a tear of joy to my eye.
For them to team up and get a good code going is fantastic news for the scene.
Good form Monkey and StrmnNrmn! bloody good form!

P.S. I think world leaders could learn from this.

I agree :)

Sterist
May 2nd, 2006, 08:12
ill help in any way i can, if i can

(unfortunately, cant financially)

pkmusicmaker
May 2nd, 2006, 08:26
Even if they don't work together, and don't exchange any information, the source code is out and I'm sure that will be very useful to PSMonkey. HOWEVER, I would love to see a team up. I'm just not so sure StrmnNrmn has any interest in going any further with the emu.

crazy_biker420
May 2nd, 2006, 08:53
you guys rock!! so far you have both exeeded my expectations but together you will go far

shadowprophet
May 2nd, 2006, 09:20
This whole n64 emu thing, is the best thing thats hit the psp scene in quite a while now:p

Even im excited about it, and im never excited about anything:D

shiftybill
May 2nd, 2006, 10:36
that sounds like a good idea . . . hopefully mario64 will run better sooner :D

CoderX
May 2nd, 2006, 10:56
Even if they don't work together, and don't exchange any information, the source code is out and I'm sure that will be very useful to PSMonkey. HOWEVER, I would love to see a team up. I'm just not so sure StrmnNrmn has any interest in going any further with the emu.

Thats what worries me, he seems to have released the emu, in its current state out of fustration.

Im not sure he has much intrest. Im sure monkey can modivate him though, and the positive feed back helps to, its always nice to know people like your work

hetster
May 2nd, 2006, 11:29
arent they working on 2 different ideas?
i thought pspmonkey was codeing from scratch and StrmnNrmn had just ported an emu over. i dont see what a collaboration would achieve?.. they both want the same result but are going about it totaly different ways. and if we have 2 n64 emus then the competition might throw up faster better emus then both trying to code the same 1.

eject_hunter
May 2nd, 2006, 14:21
i hope they would teamup and actually work on releasing nice emus, so we can get the best outta our PSPs, again thx for the great release hoping it gets updated.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 2nd, 2006, 15:31
well it HAS to happen..

sroon
May 2nd, 2006, 16:00
I think PSmonkey needs someone to work with because he is always buisy.

LiNKZiE
May 2nd, 2006, 16:11
i thought pspmonkey was codeing from scratch and StrmnNrmn had just ported an emu over. i dont see what a collaboration would achieve?.. they both want the same result but are going about it totaly different ways. and if we have 2 n64 emus then the competition might throw up faster better emus then both trying to code the same 1.

i agree with you. that's why i think're just gonna exchange information with each other... which is great (:

urherenow
May 2nd, 2006, 16:41
pspmonkey was codeing from scratch and StrmnNrmn had just ported an emu over

Wrong idea guy. IIRC StrmnNrmn ported an emu over... that HE coded from scratch to begin with. It was a pretty good emu on the PC to begin with, but together with the latest (Actually I probably don't know the latest anymore) rice video plugin, PJ64 ended up coming out on top. Just my personal preference, of course.

These two working together would be absolutely awesome! PSPmonkey has PSP coding experience and AFIK, StrmnNrmn has more N64 coding under his belt.

PSmonkey
May 2nd, 2006, 16:50

Yes but I am knollagable in PSP development and he is knollagable in n64 emulation. We kind of are what the other needs.

wraggster
May 2nd, 2006, 17:24
has the source to this been released and if so is there any quick improvements that can be made to spruce things up from an experianced PSP coder point of view ?

hetster
May 2nd, 2006, 18:22
well the way things are going has to be good for both of you..to be honest apart from GTA:LCS i havent seen such a buzz about any commercial game that this emu is generating.. good luck to the pair of you or individualy and if any/both of you manage to pull it off i think sony will curse the day they ever blocked homebrew from their firmware (not loaders but proper homebrew)..i havent played any commercial games on my psp for many months now..mainly due to the fantastic array of homebrew on offer to test daily..

Voltron
May 2nd, 2006, 19:40
This would be a welcome collaboration. I would be more than happy to support this project by donations and/or whatever else would help.

This is great developing news for PSP Homebrew.

nyrtrublue
May 2nd, 2006, 19:44
a team up would bring tears of joy throughout the world of homebrew but if there is no team up im not gonna complain

psiko_scweek
May 3rd, 2006, 03:25
Yes but I am knollagable in PSP development and he is knollagable in n64 emulation. We kind of are what the other needs.

heh your so knowledgeable you cant even spell the word!!!

pkmusicmaker
May 3rd, 2006, 03:50
heh your so knowledgeable you cant even spell the word!!!

I was thinking the same thing, that might be the most ironic typo of all time. (although I hate to bash someone that's doing us all a huge favor.)