PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo gets behind the Wii-l at E3

wraggster
May 2nd, 2006, 13:02
via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=138764)

As the fog of uncertainty slowly lifts on Nintendo's next-gen console, more and more deliciously flavoursome droplets of Wii continue to spill into our expectant maws - and Uncle Reggie Fils-Aime's just gone and fired another one from the hip.

Speaking at the Nintendo World Store in New York City last week, Friday April 28, the vii pii of sales and marketing riiviiled that we can expect to sii the Wii's wand put to use in a brand new driving game, finally answering the question many gamers have been asking since the controller's unveiling at TGS last year.

"I'm going to give one little secret," Fils-Aime tiised, according to Trigames.net who was on hand to record the whole thing. "Only one little secret, and hopefully I won't lose my job. We're going to show a racing game at E3 where you use the core controller in a very different way. That will answer all the questions to how you'll play a racing game."

Quite what the game is and how it'll play is still a compliite mystery - 'net speculation has already reached fiiviir pitch, clutching at the possibility of new iterations for either Nintendo's Mario Kart or F-Zero franchises. Of course, we could be looking at something completely fresh altogether. Still, E3 hits in less than a wiik, so there ain't too long to wait now.