PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Mod For CSPSP

wraggster
August 22nd, 2009, 14:29
News/release from SpartanX2X (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/156816-release-dawn-mod-cspsp.html)

Ah, yes, after 8 months of being in development, I am proud to announce the release of my latest mod "dawn".

The premise of dawn is simple. The year is 2023, the gangs of New York have allied to form a crime Syndicate. Their goal is to slowly expand their territory and control as much of New York as possible. They have been winning battles against the military, so the government has set up a new unit. The ASU (Anti-Syndicate Unit). The ASU is comprised of the most elite soldiers from around the country. Unfortunately, they are few in numbers due to this. Thus they frequently receive help from local authorities and the military.

Now, all that is for, is to let the mod make a little more sense to you, it's other purpose was to give me a framework for all of my ideas instead of the mod being a jumbled mess.

This mod, is a total conversion mod, meaning nearly everything that can be changed in CSPSP without the source, has been changed. There is various hex editing, all the gfx have been changed, and all the sounds have been changed.

The gfx were completely from the top of my head. I used source images for a few weapons such as the Mini-Pump, but most I drew on graph paper and ported them over, or drew by hand in photoshop. The sounds are from all over, a few of them are actually made by me, while the majority of them are from various mods for older PC games such as BF1942 and MOHAA.

During Dawns development I started a "dawnzeff" competition. The competition was to see who could make the best "danzeff input system" theme for Dawn. And the Winner is..... Doublehawk! His danzeff was very very complicated. Not only did he use my mods font (Birth of a Hero), but he also managed to make it look so dam slick!

I am proud to announce that Dawn is the first mod that is interchangeable. With the CSPSPC download of dawn, you will be able to use one map folder, for both dawn, and another version of CSPSP. This means a couple things. For one, you don't have to redownload maps when you switch mods! Another thing, is that it saves you TONS of disk space, because as hardcore players of CSPSP will know, having 700 maps ends up taking a bit of space.

NOTE: The CSPSPC Dawn release contains dawn and the ORIGINAL CSPSP. If you wish to switch it out for another mod, simply copy the contents of the mods folder into the "Dawn mod 4 CSPSP v1.0" folder under "PSP", then edit the "MODS.TXT" in the CSPSPC folder (which is in the game folder) to include your mod!

Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dawn.rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments