PDA

View Full Version : TVSP 0.1a (TV Station Portable) for the Sony PSP

wraggster
May 2nd, 2006, 13:32
Lok Tai (http://www.afung.com/tvsp/) has released a free location free TV viewer for the PSP, watch TV on the Go Via WIFI, heres the details:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/tvsp1.jpg

<blockquote>VSP is the premier free Location Free TV viewer.

* Watch TV anywhere with a wifi connection.
* Allows channel changes.
* by the way, no sound yet. I'll get on it next time I have some free time. It's not a bug.

Description:

Basically, you can watch TV on your PSP anywhere with a wifi connection. TVSP receives the TV signal from a TV capture programmed called DScaler. And the best of all, it doesn't cost $350 to get TV on my PSP :-)

Controls:

Press [UP] or [DOWN] to change channel.
Press [START] to quit. *** Please QUIT this way only, not by press Home ***.

Background Story:

How did I come up with TVSP? Hmmm, it was one day in my bathroom to take a load off :-), When all of a sudden, omg, I have forgotten to bring anything in to entertain myself. Not a Maxim magazine in sight. Delerium sets in. What have I done??? While being quite bored, I had an epiphany. Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I can watch TV in the can. The rest is history.

Installation Directions:

It's not very hard, it's actually quite simple. Just follow the directions "EXACTLY" and you'll be watching tv on your psp in no time. You do need a TV Card though. I have a ATI TV Wonder VE, and it works great. Any TV card that works with DScaler 4 is good.</blockquote>

More Screenshots and Download - Give Feedback Via Comments

Hevyduty
May 2nd, 2006, 13:41
Of all the homebrew possibilities out there, this is the app I've been waiting for. Can't wait to try it out.

Supermario123456789
May 2nd, 2006, 13:52
it dont works theres always the message:
error: can't read from tvsp.ini

Bassman8866
May 2nd, 2006, 13:57
Where do you get a TV card? and how do you install it?

Amiga
May 2nd, 2006, 14:12
"set menu BTCard->PixelWidth to 320"

^^^^where is this menu^^^

ps you have to create the file tvsp.ini you put your IP address in it.

Amiga
May 2nd, 2006, 14:42
i'm buggered if i can get this to work!!
Im using my gf7800gt built in capture device so that might be the problem

Mew
May 2nd, 2006, 15:29
060502 162608.531(232) ErrorBox File:C:\Source\deinterlace\DScalerBuild4115\DScale r\DScaler\Other.cpp line: 1790 Message: Can't Use Overlay

:(

LazerTag
May 2nd, 2006, 16:07
I only had a chance so far to try with my composite video off my ATI x800 (currently feeding it video from a VCR for recording purposes). I could see it connect, but all it did so far is make DScaler close and then the PSP would turn off.

Like Amiga, I also do not have the BTCard menu in DScaler, but I plan to test using one of my other systems which has a ATI PCI TV Wonder card. Maybe this menu is only there for certain card types? (like ones that use the BT8X8 tuner chips?)

And I also have a Aver TV Pro card laying around too. I may install it and see what's up for it as well.

halogod5000
May 2nd, 2006, 17:39
where do i get the tvsp.ini i looked in the directory and it wasnt in there

Moning2
May 2nd, 2006, 18:23
nice program you made there :D works great until just now, searching for the 'default everything' button :( just a black screen and freeze, im using 2.01 and it works/ed great on it :)

jaydoo
May 2nd, 2006, 18:59
Im also having trouble finding the

BTCard->PixelWidth to 320

in any of the menus, can someone say exactly where it is?

Also, I think its worth pointing out that DScaler can play files stored locally on your hdd so you dont really need a capture card to enjoy this goodness.

LazerTag
May 2nd, 2006, 19:08
where do i get the tvsp.ini i looked in the directory and it wasnt in there

You just create a new text file, type in your servers IP address (the machine running DScaler with your TV card), save and then rename it to tvsp.ini

Place the file in your directory with the TVSP eboot

BTW, Lok Tai, that is a really nice looking cabinet in the pics. Did you build it yourself? I want to do that someday.

bobnickelson
May 2nd, 2006, 19:19
Im also having trouble finding the

BTCard->PixelWidth to 320

in any of the menus, can someone say exactly where it is?

Also, I think its worth pointing out that DScaler can play files stored locally on your hdd so you dont really need a capture card to enjoy this goodness.

its located in CX Card->Pixel Width->320

Amiga
May 2nd, 2006, 19:39

i think pixel width is maybe only supported with tv cards and not capture cards like mine :(

jaydoo
May 2nd, 2006, 20:28

Maybe you do need a TV card then as I dont have any settings like that or BTCard.

gotmilk0112
May 2nd, 2006, 20:29
do i need any special cards or modding of my psp \ pc??? what is this "DScaler" or whatever its called?! :confused: :confused:

Moning2
May 2nd, 2006, 20:48
do i need any special cards or modding of my psp \ pc??? what is this "DScaler" or whatever its called?! :confused: :confused:

lol, dont even try it, looking at your post you dont know jack shit about this and all youll probably do is make it worse :rolleyes:

and yes you need a tv card for that btcard thing

how much is the bandwidth useage at the moment ? framerate could use a boost :)

and at the bottom a few lines are missing (1/5 of the image), is that because im on pal or because youre still working on it :)

kurst3030
May 2nd, 2006, 21:07
so you pretty much HAVE to have a tvcard? i keep almost getting to work with my webcam or something, the psp starts to connect but it crashes. i know its working because dscaler closes whenever the psp crashes. i guess you have to use a video card so you can change the btcard thing, so you can change the pixels.. or resolution or whatever.. so the psp can display it without crashing? it be nice if there was a way to do it without a video card and instead display video thats on your computer or something, or webcam. i'm sure thats something you can program when you want? very nice program anyway. i'm sure it works great. lol. keep it up! dont forget what i said.

Moning2
May 2nd, 2006, 21:17
so you pretty much HAVE to have a tvcard? i keep almost getting to work with my webcam or something, the psp starts to connect but it crashes. i know its working because dscaler closes whenever the psp crashes. i guess you have to use a video card so you can change the btcard thing, so you can change the pixels.. or resolution or whatever.. so the psp can display it without crashing? it be nice if there was a way to do it without a video card and instead display video thats on your computer or something, or webcam. i'm sure thats something you can program when you want? very nice program anyway. i'm sure it works great. lol. keep it up! dont forget what i said.

well if it crashes it doesnt work lol
i havent gotten any of my videos to work, the dll that sends to the psp doesnt support it so it aint gonna work :)

pspfan
May 3rd, 2006, 00:02
Once this gets sound I'll buy whatever necessary. That LocationFree feature has always looked nice, but I'd have to upgrade and also I'd have to pay so much for the base station. I can't believe someone made a homebrew for it!! This is completely awesome. Great work.

pokothehobo
May 3rd, 2006, 01:37
YESSS

this is the homebrew app i have been waiting for. im gonna go buy a cheap card once sound works. also here is a compatibility list if anyone is wondering if ther tuner card will work

http://www.dscaler.org/card-support/index.htm

LazerTag
May 3rd, 2006, 02:54
OK, the BTCard selection does only appear when using a TV or capture card the has a BT8X8 chipset.

And I can now confirm this thing FLIES when streaming. I can't wait to hear it next. ;)

Emeriastone
May 3rd, 2006, 05:21
I dled this and installed it. It needs work.

kayhanbakid
May 3rd, 2006, 11:01
how long does usually take to get the ip address at the beginning?

and can this play video files from the computer if it is the right resoltion?

i do not have a tv tuner on my computer or wireless internet access, but i might get both if this turns out really good.

Supermario123456789
May 3rd, 2006, 12:38
where do i put the dll which is in the winzip archive of tvsp??????

not here anymore
May 3rd, 2006, 14:27
arg my tv tuner (mpeg2 encoder) found on XP MCE pc isn't compatible with Dscaler so i can't go much further :/
Dscaler needs a RAW capture device it seems :/

ERROR: Failed to connect video capture device to renderer
ErrorCode: 0x80070057
ErrorText: 'One or more arguments are incorrect '
File C:\Source\deinterlace\DScalerBuild4115\DScaler\DSc aler\dshowsource\DSSource.cpp line: 1686

onetwentyeight
May 3rd, 2006, 14:42
i can't connect directly to my dscaler host computer. instead i connect my psp through my wireless access point router to which the host is wired. should i direct my ini to my access point and change my psp dns network settings or something? i keep getting a failed to connect and error code on the psp (flashed too fast for me to write here).

DraconumPB
May 3rd, 2006, 16:50
Where do you get a TV card? and how do you install it?

In the video card section of your local computer/electronics store. It installs ina PCI slot like a video card or modem, and has a software CD to install. It should also come with an antenna and an input for cable. Simple.

tallica
May 26th, 2006, 09:24
when wil there be a version with sound?

mavsman4457
May 26th, 2006, 22:51
just wait for it. it will come. the first two verisons on came a week or two apart.

minik182
May 28th, 2006, 19:05
Hey! Do ya know if a USB card will do it? THnx!

mexicansnake
May 28th, 2006, 22:35
really nice lol

mavsman4457
May 28th, 2006, 22:51
minik, you just have to check the compatibility with either dscaler or TVSP, i'm not sure which but check for both.

minik182
May 29th, 2006, 21:45
I've checked but I haven't found any compatible card for laptop...

not here anymore
May 30th, 2006, 00:27
I got a laptop too with Toshiba TVTuner MPEG Encoder. (designed for Win Media Center)
The only way for us owners of such laptop to use TVSP would require the coder to switch from DSCALER to VIDEOLAN.
Frankly, i can't wait for that day :D
Later,

TSR

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:14
is it possible to watch your tv from an internet connection unrelated to your computer and it's internet connection or router?

pimpjuice10
May 31st, 2006, 02:14
whats wrong with mines. i downloaded it then imstalled it and followed the instructions and when i launch the program it says "Can't create overlay surface: 88760091. can someone please help me out.

mavsman4457
May 31st, 2006, 03:20
i'm sorry i can't help you but i had a problem with the first version then the second version worked (.2). neither of them have sound right now so i would just wait for the next version to come out and then deal with problems if you still have them.

minik182
May 31st, 2006, 04:48
Hey you should go there, DScaler.com, I went to look for an answer but I haven't got it yet, but I read something about an overlay, many people having problems with that, check it, go to the search engine of the page and type overlay, sure you'll have a lot of results...good luck!

vettacossx
May 31st, 2006, 07:21
my god even the game gear had a tv tuner accessory....what wrong with sony its not like a TV TUNER ADAPTER would hurt umd sales...i mean there arent any good prices on umds so we dont plan on buying them...

mr_nick666
June 4th, 2006, 19:54
my god even the game gear had a tv tuner accessory....what wrong with sony its not like a TV TUNER ADAPTER would hurt umd sales...i mean there arent any good prices on umds so we dont plan on buying them...

I was thinking about that myself! :o How hard would it be for $ony to release one for the USB slot??? You can but USB Digital Tuners really cheap now and theyre tiny! :confused:

pimpjuice10
June 5th, 2006, 02:14
ok thank you. im going to go to that site right now and search for help.

minik182
June 9th, 2006, 05:00
I tried this with a BT878 card and it's just incredible...the problem is that I canīt set it to work in another place, Iīve got the wep code from the office where I need it to work but nop...so do you know if I need to configure something for the psp to work there ? Thnks

pimpjuice10
June 12th, 2006, 00:29
still won't work for me siihhh i give up

mavsman4457
June 13th, 2006, 19:07
Has anyone tried orb? It sounds like the same thing but no homebrew required. go to www.orb.com. Does this mean that I could use it with the Links2 browser?

pimpjuice10
June 13th, 2006, 23:48
i just d/l it n tried it out on my psp but only the photo viewing worked everything else that i tried to start up aked me to d/l a file onto my psp.