PDA

View Full Version : Despertar del Cementerio v8 Mod: fw 5.55

wraggster
August 24th, 2009, 00:20
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=30241&view_reply=1)

RedBull team has just released a new version of the Despertar del Cementerio, the universal unbricker created by Dark_Alex. The particularity of this mod is that, once the appropriate Eboot.pbp recreated, allowing the installation of firmware Journal 5:55, famous for certain protections related to more recent games.
More to follow.

Installation:

Quote:

- Copy the UPDATE folder into PSP / GAME
- Re-create the EBOOT with the fw 5:55 programs such PBP unpacker and copy the files obtained, renamed 555.pbp, in the main root
- Copy the fw 5.00, renamed 500.pbp in the main root
- Start the application
- In the menu of DC do not select the first option in the install fw 5:55 with modules M33 and ipl. It will run at a brick safe. If you want to install the CF 5.00M33-4 just copy the file resurrection.prx contained in the UPDATE folder in TM / DC / kd replacing the present one. If you want to test the fw 5:55 simply select the second menu option that will install the fw 5:55 in the flash of your PSP.

Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/DC8 Mod OFW 5.55.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

shadowriffe
August 24th, 2009, 03:58
I'm confused as to what this does... Did a way to run 5.55 required games pop up while I wasn't looking? I guess I hadn't really cared until now that Soul Caliber is coming out.

ruyor
August 24th, 2009, 05:28
I'm confused as to what this does... Did a way to run 5.55 required games pop up while I wasn't looking? I guess I hadn't really cared until now that Soul Caliber is coming out.

The only thing this does is allow you to install 5.55 OFW without the UMD (Most likely for testing purposes;))

Veskgar
August 24th, 2009, 15:37
I haven't been keeping up with the different and newer variations of custom firmware much lately. I'm using 5.00 M33-6 on a PSP Slim.

Are there any games that will not run on 5.00 M33-6?

I noticed when trying to access the PSN Store it wants me to update to a newer system version. Has there been a workaround for that yet?