PDA

View Full Version : Analysts split on chance of slimmer Xbox 360

wraggster
August 25th, 2009, 00:27
When the first Xbox got old, Microsoft gave it Old Yeller treatment, though the metaphor would be more accurate if the beleaguered mutt had been forcibly stuffed into a rocket and shot into the sun. Some analysts think the 360 may get a kinder treatment later in its life cycle with a new form factor in the vein of Sony's new slim PS3.

"I think it is a question of when not if. However, the when part is a big uncertainty ... rumors have been going on for a long time. I think people were asking me the same question last year at this time," David Cole of DFC Intelligence told IndustryGamers. Others are less convinced, like Arvind Bhatia of Sterne Agee who said, "It would be nice but I don't think they have to. I think Natal will be killer app that will help keep the momentum for the 360 next year. I do think they need to cut the price by at least $50."

So, since the analysts can't seem to agree, we thought we'd put the question to you, the readers:
Will Microsoft introduce a new 360 form factor in the next 12 months?

Yes
No

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/24/analysts-split-on-chance-of-slimmer-xbox-360/

Emulation_Chief
August 26th, 2009, 05:05
Hello:

I Microsoft want to compete in price with the PS3 with the 160GB they have to make a risky and interesting decision in order to keep their advantage.

Yes is the answer. Sooner than the introduction of Natal is my best guess.