PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: Amstrad CPC Emulator v1.0.6 (fullscreen)

zx-81
May 2nd, 2006, 22:34
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap5.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.6 :

- Add Fullscreen (fit width), zoom x1.25 and x1.5 !
- Add |CPM command support in the run.txt file
- Option to swap the CPC joystick keys between PSP analog stick and d-pad

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

PS: Special thanks to Loic for his keyboard files (see keyboard-files.txt in the archive for details)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cap'n 1time
May 3rd, 2006, 02:11
Zx, you have already done so much. is anything else in the works? :)

voodoofish
May 3rd, 2006, 02:23
never mind something else - keep up the CPC support! ;) Looking forward to getting to grips with Dizzy and Turrican fullscreen. Thanks again ZX-81 and once again keep up the good work....

now all we need is for someone to start the CPC vs Speccy vs C64 argument afresh and emulation on the PSP will be complete :p

Junior
May 3rd, 2006, 05:45
And if you have any more time on your hands ... please support the actual Caprice emulator itself, too. It's CVS sources are maintained at sourceforge and there hasn't been much progress on the new version lately. A new GUI is being implemented, that's about it. And it's not halfway finished.

Amiga
May 3rd, 2006, 08:36
Your a god ZX81!! :D

zx-81
May 3rd, 2006, 09:08

I've no idea for the moment, but i'm sure to find something to do very soon :D

zx-81
May 3rd, 2006, 09:11
And if you have any more time on your hands ... please support the actual Caprice emulator itself, too. It's CVS sources are maintained at sourceforge and there hasn't been much progress on the new version lately. A new GUI is being implemented, that's about it. And it's not halfway finished.

In my opinion, current version of Caprice 32 on windows is working fine. On linux works still remain (no menu etc ..) but it's not my "cup of tea" as we say :rolleyes: and anyway i can plat Windows version on Linux using cedega (it works great).

zx-81
May 3rd, 2006, 09:11
Your a god ZX81!! :D

No please, i'm only a CPC and PSP addict :)

emulator2
May 3rd, 2006, 09:29

This emulator just gets better with every release!

If you stuck for ideas for other projects how about porting the BBC Micro emulator BeebBEm (http://www.mikebuk.dsl.pipex.com/beebem) over to the PSP?

The BBC Micro was a contemporary of the Amstrad CPC and had some great games too!

zx-81
May 3rd, 2006, 10:00
I don't know the BBC Micro, but it's a good idea :)

Voltron
May 3rd, 2006, 16:36
Thank you so much for this ZX-81

Add another supporter to your army of followers.

grin.ch
May 3rd, 2006, 18:42
This looks exactly like PSP Bruce Lee. Except PSP Bruce Lee is better. The graphics are cleaner.

zx-81
May 3rd, 2006, 21:27
This looks exactly like PSP Bruce Lee. Except PSP Bruce Lee is better. The graphics are cleaner.

Right, but with pspcap32 you can play more than 3000 games :rolleyes:

bah
May 3rd, 2006, 23:44
Thankyou zx-81, this is an awsome port.
:)

This emulator just gets better with every release!

If you stuck for ideas for other projects how about porting the BBC Micro emulator BeebBEm (http://www.mikebuk.dsl.pipex.com/beebem) over to the PSP?

The BBC Micro was a contemporary of the Amstrad CPC and had some great games too!

I know it's off topic but i had to add my 2c to the idea of an (Acorn) BBC model B emu for psp. Nothing would put a bigger/cheezier grin on my face than that.

Though im not sure how many ppl would have even heard of them outside the UK and Australia (they somehow ended up in our schools in the mid-late 80s over here).

Thanks again for bringing all these classic games back to be played on the PSP :D

Erban
May 4th, 2006, 05:01
Great wish I had som games for this!!!

Cap'n 1time
May 4th, 2006, 05:26
Great wish I had som games for this!!!

oh there out there ;)

zx-81
May 4th, 2006, 15:42
I know it's off topic but i had to add my 2c to the idea of an (Acorn) BBC model B emu for psp. Nothing would put a bigger/cheezier grin on my face than that.

Having a quick look on the source of the linux version of BeebBEm, it seems to be not so hard to port to PSP. But i've a question : are there many games for this computer ? I've never heard about it ... :o

Hungry Horace
May 4th, 2006, 15:45
now all we need is for someone to start the CPC vs Speccy vs C64 argument afresh and emulation on the PSP will be complete :p

well thats just too easy.... c64 - ugly, CPC slow but looks nice, speccy - the best!! :D

i'm looking forward to giving this a whirl though, even though i'm a speccy and amiga man myself.

looks good - nice work!

Cap'n 1time
May 4th, 2006, 15:56
I have to say... C64 = BESTEST!

zx-81
May 4th, 2006, 19:20
There are good games on each :)

bah
May 5th, 2006, 00:05
Having a quick look on the source of the linux version of BeebBEm, it seems to be not so hard to port to PSP. But i've a question : are there many games for this computer ? I've never heard about it ... :o

BBC Model B was the computer the brittish gov. decided on to use in all its schools, was quite easy to program for etc, similar to a commodore 64 but only 32k ram. Made by a company called acorn, who went on to make the model B+ (more ram i think) and electron which were never as popular, then to make the Acorn Risc Machine architecture (ARM).

There were a lot of really fun games I remember from all those years back, many would have been ports/clones from arcades or other systems of the time i would guess.

Some of my favourites were labyrinth, Mr E (Mr Do arcade perfect clone), Frak, Ravenskull, Repton, Denis the dare-devil, galaforce. The 'play it again sam' collections had quite a few good games.

You can find pretty much all the games from google, removed my direct link as it prolly wasnt a good idea to post even though they have to be abandonware.
Superior Software released a lot of the good games.

EDIT: I still have access to 100s of discs for the system sitting somewhere at my fathers place, but with 2 of his 3 model Bs dead due to failed power supplys, he's rather hesitant to let me attempt to hook the thing up to a pc in order to dump all the discs myself, from howtos online it looks possible, tho not the most simple of tasks.

Cheers for your interest :D

zx-81
May 13th, 2006, 20:50

Though im not sure how many ppl would have even heard of them outside the UK and Australia (they somehow ended up in our schools in the mid-late 80s over here).

Thanks again for bringing all these classic games back to be played on the PSP :D

You asked for a BeebEm port on PSP, here it is : pspbeeb v1.0.1 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24662)

:)