PDA

View Full Version : I've been gone, any news?

bobcobb
May 3rd, 2006, 02:19
I've been out of the scene for awhile. Is there any big news? I noticed that the N64 emulator is coming along nicely. Can I play it on my 2.6 PSP? Is it actually working yet, or are they still in the early stages?

I also heard about the firmware patch. It seems useless, other than ruining any hope of using homebrew.

Has Sony made any announcements on the PS1 emulator?

I've been so busy with school and PC gaming lately I really haven't had time to keep up on the homebrew. I'm happy that I upgraded to 2.6, GoC is a fun game. However, I miss the ease of homebrew on 2.0. Anyways, just checking in to see whats up.

EDIT: Did the UMDLoaders ever fulfill, allowing you to play the newest games on early firmwares? If so, I might have to trade in my 2.6 PSP for a 2.0, if I can find one. And for that matter, any downgraders ever come out for 2.6? I doubt it though.

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2006, 19:00
basically just google stuff and search dcemu news for this. i think lots of people are too lazy to give you information that is easily accessible. sorry if i sound angry or rude.

gotmilk0112
May 3rd, 2006, 23:07
YES, you can run n64 emu Deadelus on 2.01 - 2.60!!!
and its good it runs super mario 64 at average 6fps and bomberman hero at average 15fps!!! check the compatibility list in the stickies.

bobcobb
May 3rd, 2006, 23:20
Sweet mother of balls.

I am lazy as well, btw.

Thanks for the info gotmilk.

Shilo
May 3rd, 2006, 23:24
Has Sony said anything more on their PSOne emu????

mavsman4457
May 4th, 2006, 20:19
no they have said nothing. i am guessing that they will say something about the psone emu and other psp plans (gps, eyetoy, etc.) during e3. so i guess we'll just have to wait until tuesday.