PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Rivals Dashing Onto The Psp

Darksaviour69
May 3rd, 2006, 14:28
Original Sonic Game Offers Lively Head-to-Head Competition
http://www.sega.com/games/title/sonicrivals/ss/ss_sonicrivals_03.jpg

SEGA today announced the development of Sonic Rivals exclusively for the PSP. Sonic Rivals is a head-to-head competition between Sonic and his top rivals. Built from the ground-up, the engine allows gamers to rip through tracks in single player and wireless multiplayer action against friends.

http://www.sega.com/games/title/sonicrivals/ss/ss_sonicrivals_05.jpg

In Sonic Rivals, gamers can play as one of four different characters from the Sonic Universe, each with separate fast and winding storylines. In addition, the extensive rewards system, which is based on collecting trading cards, allows players to customize their favorite characters. Connect via wireless to race against a friend, and put trading cards on the line for even more multiplayer challenges.

Sonic Rivals is slated for release in Fall 2006 and developed by the Vancouver-based studio of Backbone Entertainment, a division of Foundation 9 Entertainment.

RockinB
May 3rd, 2006, 16:42
Wow, this looks great! Haven't bought anything from Sony for about 10 years, so I will have to play it on a PSP emu...
BTW: is there any PSP emu out there?

shenske37
May 3rd, 2006, 19:13
finally a psp sonic game! i've been waiting for this for a while. hopefully it'll play like sonic adventure, or if it played similiar to the good old genesis games that would be awsome. Or how about a little bit of both

IndianCheese
May 3rd, 2006, 22:47
So my main man finally gets his spot on the PSP! Someone inform Kaiser!

Hmmm...2.70 isn't really the way I would go without a second 1.50. Guess I REALLY need that second PSP now.

Necrid
May 4th, 2006, 06:20
looks alot like sonic heroes, same colors of shadow jump, same robot in the screenshot..
big sonic fan any way, 100% sure im gonna get this one

grin.ch
May 4th, 2006, 20:53
this game looks well done. Beautifully rendered graphics.

Ziro
May 5th, 2006, 02:16
I hope I'll be able to play the UMD w/o upgrading my firmware :[