PDA

View Full Version : REDaLUA (Red Alert clone for PSP)

wraggster
May 3rd, 2006, 16:20
Did i ever tell you i am a life long Red Alert fan, no well i am and today Altair (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23819) has made me a very happy man with the release of a Lua Red Alert Clone, heres a screenshot:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/redlaertpsp.JPG

<blockquote>Alright this is the first release of my project: REDaLUA!
Its called REDaLUA since its a Red Alert clone and its made with LUA. I've done quite some stuff at this point. However im getting to the harder stuff now, so progress will go slowe from now on.

What has been done:
- Selection - every unit can be selected one by one or by using the selection drawbox (scrolling goes slower though, when using drawbox)
- Scrolling
- Movement - all units can move seperately at the same time. Doesnt matter how many.
- Health
- Repairing
- Saving/Loading - only one savegame though (for some reason it sometimes gives an error when loading, ill check that out)
- Shooting works but not fully the way i want it
- The menus are there (not all the buttons work yet)
- Also the building menu
- Some sound
- Team selection - works now: you can select as many units as you want and also put them in multiple teams. For now you can select 4 teams, but that can be more. I'll add them later.
- Mining also works now. When the truck is full it will return to the refinary. However not the otherway around unfortunately.
- Fog of war works sort of, but makes the game go reeeaaallyyy slooow, so it's not included for now

To be done:
- More units and buildings
- More sound
- Collision - for some reason its more difficult then its in my mind
- animation
- AI - im not sure if ill be able to do this
- Multiplayer - this would be easier because then i dont have to code an AI :P, but i need wifi first
- A minimap
- Multiple savegames
- Power

Also the graphics are very easy to mod, because all you have to do is replace the picture with another picture (with the same name) and it (should) work, because almost (I'll make that all) all the sizes are called upon from the game.

I forgot to tell that there is an enemy base in the south-easth of the map. But they wont do anything for now, because there's no AI, but you can shoot them ofcourse.</blockquote>

More Screenshots and Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via altair (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=590636&postcount=1)

cal360
May 3rd, 2006, 16:26
this is great i've always wanted to play command and conquer on my psp keep up up the good work

wraggster
May 3rd, 2006, 16:32
yeah i used to do some Command and Conquer Modding a few years ago and still follow the scene :)

grin.ch
May 3rd, 2006, 17:38
This looks amazing! Tho I can't play these types of games b/c I always lose. I stopped playing Open TTD b/c it I got my arse kicked for 7 hours! lol

SoQb0nc5r
May 3rd, 2006, 17:43
WHY DID UPGRADE TO 2.7? some1 please tell me :(

bah, really wanted this :/

Erban
May 3rd, 2006, 19:04
Me and my friends LOVE this game and have been WAITING for it to FINALLY come to psp......THANKS and DONT let this go to waiste!!!!!

Yannek
May 3rd, 2006, 20:15
NOT working... why it stuck on 30% when I start a new game

crazy_biker420
May 3rd, 2006, 20:47
this looks very promissing

jt3w
May 3rd, 2006, 21:14
Hay i found a few erros

1. you can make as much home bases as you want jsut by pressing O
2. you can build ofver top of stuff

But this game looks like it could be a good one thanks for porting it

Xfacter
May 3rd, 2006, 22:34
Sweet, I've always loved C&C games. :D

Illegal Machine
May 4th, 2006, 00:12
Impressive to say the least.

This is one ****ing complicated game, I'm shocked you woud pick this out of alll the games you could re-create.

but craziness, I love this game

Junior
May 4th, 2006, 00:21
Stunningly amazing work, really. Things like that are the reason to uphold belief in homebrew software. Unfortunately the graphics is copyrighted to Westwood, and you may not ever actually legally distribute this or charge money. But I hope that they won't notice/care.

kyle2194
May 4th, 2006, 00:22
Hey wraggy, what command and conquer game did you mod? I currently mod red alert 2.

shiftybill
May 4th, 2006, 02:45
for those stuck at 30% use version 0.16 of luaplayer

lookin good, cant wait for the next release

under_0ath777
May 4th, 2006, 04:40
i do use 0.16 with the eLoader and still doesn't work

salomon st
May 4th, 2006, 04:45
mine goes to 30% then says ERROR:No script file found

ukcuf16
May 4th, 2006, 05:12
AEFSDFDGSFDGSERDRHGS!!!! IVE TRIED EVRY SINGLE LUA PLAYER AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK PAST 30%... help..

BigDaddyXD
May 4th, 2006, 17:08
Same 4 me :-(

Xiofire
May 4th, 2006, 19:49
Mines stuck at 30% also. Hope someone fixes this soon. I loved C&C Red Alert!

kiora
May 4th, 2006, 20:28
works ok with firmware 2.5 and luaplayer 0.16

looks good

Col.

firebeam
May 4th, 2006, 22:51
sweet i like the guy who made this please get in touch dude u rock u made my wish true lol

[B]from pete

[email protected]

teco
May 4th, 2006, 22:54
Please someone port fallout series
A fallout tactics with wi fi support on psp !! :rolleyes:

pin27777
May 5th, 2006, 21:43
Good, c&c for psp, but how do i get it on my psp and do i need 1.5 hardware. if anyone could be so kind to anwser my question :confused:

ukcuf16
May 6th, 2006, 02:36
sum1 needs 2 com up wit a solution 4 the 30 % thing im going insano!
Must play Red alert..
Must play Red alert..
Must play Red alert..
Must play Red alert..
Must play Red alert..
Must play Red alert..

Puddles35
May 6th, 2006, 17:13
hi i have a psp can some 1 tell me how 2 put it on my psp? thanks

Puddles35
May 6th, 2006, 20:24
hey i have a psp i need instructions on how 2 put RA in my psp? plz help i love red alert especially on my psp :(

Paiku
May 7th, 2006, 01:17
damn, same 30%-problem here to.

ekron
May 7th, 2006, 13:05
Itīs great game i loved red alert

Cap'n 1time
May 7th, 2006, 16:15
hey i have a psp i need instructions on how 2 put RA in my psp? plz help i love red alert especially on my psp :(

stop tripple posting!

I think you do need a 1.5 emulator. you need a psp usb cable.. after that it should be pretty self explanatory.. you put in the /psp/games folder

Puddles35
May 8th, 2006, 02:09
well sorry for tripple posting i was xcited for having this on my psp jeez wats wrong with u :mad:

Surajk
May 9th, 2006, 18:38
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 30% problem, i love red alert i've played it since i was 7!

Anyway for those of u in need of help, download something called luaplayer, then paste this into ur games file on ur psp memory stick. after doing this, go into file and look for applications. put REDALERT in here.

Unplug memory stick put in psp, go to games, and if u have 1.5 or over, u 'might' see corrupt data and luaplayer. dont worry bout this go on Luaplayer, find REdalert and away u go (ur sooooo lucky if it works)

aza
May 9th, 2006, 20:38
:confused: hmm this game looks amazing since i loved the original C&C REd Alert but how do i get this onto my PSP once i download it?

can someone help me - my email is [email protected]

thanks,
Aza

goatman93
May 9th, 2006, 22:10
****ing awesome! Now to get C&C: Tiberian Dawn on there.

Puddles35
May 11th, 2006, 20:33
when i tried putting it in the place you said to. btw, i have LuaPlayer 0.19 for PSP Firmware 1.5, it doesntwork when i select the "Corrupted Data" thing you said not to worry about. What did i do wrong?

Surajk
May 13th, 2006, 16:38
DONT click on the corrput data! click on luaplayer!

Puddles35
May 14th, 2006, 22:54
the LUA player doesn't show up on my psp

sponk
May 15th, 2006, 15:14
Firmware 1.5

Lula player 0.18

REDaLUA 1.0

30%..... ****

PLEAS FIX!

nice work, but i will play........

EDIT: WITH LUA PLAYER 0.16 WORKS PERFECT!

http://www.luaplayer.org/old/index.html

NiGame
May 17th, 2006, 13:49
Looking forward to it can't wait foor multi player used to play this for days on end

huangxuwei
May 17th, 2006, 15:23
oh,i wish to play it on my psp

Altair
May 17th, 2006, 18:15
Thanks everyone! I know about the 30% problem. Its something with the memory, atleast I think. I have solved it a little. It hasnt crashed in a while now, so thats good. With me it always works with 0.16 when i haven't run any other program with LUA player before i run REDaLUA.

I dont know if you guys go to qj.net anyways thats where i have sortof a thread with updates.
Now im at the stage where im working on wifi multiplayer over internet (since there isnt ad-hoc support for LUA right now) and the AI. I hope that i can.
I have finished most of the other stuff, like collision and fogofwar and team selection and all that stuff. Not everything is working perfectly, but ill perfect it along the way.

I still have to ask for permission from EA though (they own Red Alert now, right?). It doesn't really matter, but then i just have to make my own sprites and sounds. We'll see...

DaGamer
May 17th, 2006, 21:48
wow nice!!! thats 1 C&C on psp, hopefuly more will come! anyone thinking of porting renegade? also, i think A.I would be hard to make rite? good luck tho! cuz i really hoping to bomb the heck out of ppl with my transport boat, lol!

edit:how do you check your reputation?

RvH
May 19th, 2006, 17:22
I have a problem too, but not with the 30% thing, my red alua starts perfectly, then I get to choose between Start new game, Load game etc. If I choose 1. it crashes at 90%. Maybe someone has the same problem and knows how to fix it.
I have Firmware 2.6 - Lua Player 0.16

Thx allready

EDIT: I dont know what happend but it works now. I quickly switched my wlan switch to on, and now it works. :D

EDIT2: I dont know the cause of it, But when I get a different loading background it loads or it doesnt, Know i got till 30% - Ok now I see, If I load it the first time it works. If I abort the mission and try it again it Fails to load over 30%.

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 19:50
Love this game.. make adhoc or even finish with buildings and shit

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 19:51
Everyone that wants to play but it stops at 30% use lua player 0.15 it will work then!!

Altair
May 19th, 2006, 22:27
If ad-hoc will be supported within LUAplayer i'll try and try my best. I have a newer/better version now that hardly ever crashes even if i run it more than once, but im not ready to release it just yet.

Surajk
May 20th, 2006, 14:37
Can't wait !!!!

syzygy
May 20th, 2006, 23:02
System software: Version 2.60
Lua Players: Version .19(latest as I udnerstand)

Ok, to start off whenever I goto game/memory stick it says corrupted data. It doesn't even list "lua player" in there. I noticed that with .19 it came with alot of added games such as mine sweeper/calculator/music test and others. anyone know what to do?!?

Altair
May 21st, 2006, 01:03
you have to use an eboot loader. I have 1.5 so i dont know exactly, never bothered, but you need ebock if im not mistaken.

xXSujoXx
May 21st, 2006, 03:42
Use my step genius

Aaron Gardner
May 21st, 2006, 14:58
How do u get it on your psp?

halo3
May 22nd, 2006, 02:10
YA WTF HOW GET ON PSP ? i have 2 folders: SAVEDATA and SYSTEM, i made new folderr named game, i put lua player there and put RA game in apliccations, NOW I CANT even FIND IT ON MY PSP i HAD 30mb NOW I HAVE 20 LEFT WERE THE HELL DID IT GO? i cant find game or LUA PLAYER SOME1 PLS AWNSER

halo3
May 22nd, 2006, 03:21
is currupt... i have firmware 2.5 and lua player 0.16, its currupt, wont even show lua player... JUST CURRUPT... wtf? and if i get lua player 0.15 its for fw version 1.5, i dont weana downgrade...

Surajk
May 22nd, 2006, 17:02
You Guys Are Noobs!

Physicist
June 13th, 2006, 21:57
Can't gat it to work with eLoader. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there an LUA player that works from eLoader?

mr_nick666
June 14th, 2006, 13:21
Try VettaCossx - he offers help when youre getting started! :) This is his sig:

:cool: VettaCossX HERE FOR HELPING 2.01, 2.5, OR 2.6 USERS..GLAD TO HELP GET YOU STARTED ON YOUR HOMEBREW EXPERIENCE FOR HELP FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME

AT: [email protected] ([email protected])

Hope he can help! :D

the one and only
June 14th, 2006, 13:24
hey i will take a look tomorrow coz its 12:23 at the mo and im going to bed soon :P

just say what u are having probs with and i will test tomorrow

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 15:40
I don't need help really, just info. Do LUA player(s) work when combined with eLoader, to allow me to play this game?

GeEkPiE
June 14th, 2006, 16:18
wicked!!!

This was an awsomn game on the pc, i remember the days when i was biulding volta walls in the original and making huge unbeatable armys.

kicks ass,

GOOD WORK!!!!!

the one and only
June 14th, 2006, 20:52
before halo3 comes back and complains, ill quickly say what he needs to know

halo3 you say that your psp is firmware 2.5, sony made it so you can no longer access the homebrew from the game menu.

do you have a copy of gta liberty city stories?
btw do not upgrade to 2.70+ you shall not be able to access homebrew if you do.

the one and only
June 14th, 2006, 20:54
and physicist im looking at lua players now, ill give u an update of which ones run this game later :D

Zion
June 14th, 2006, 20:55
he needs to use the gta eboot loader too! :p

the one and only
June 14th, 2006, 21:08
ok peoples i have tested v0.16 lua player using the eloader on a 2.6 and the result is SUCCESS!!!

here is a link for the lua player
http://www.luaplayer.org/old/LuaPlayer_v0.16_firmware15.zip

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 21:56
thats most excellent news! thanks! ill put that on right now :D

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 21:59
which one do i use 1.5 or 1.0?

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 22:00
nevermind i think i got it ok.

success! now to figure out how the hell to play this game. all i can build is power plants :confused:

joe45mama
June 14th, 2006, 22:10
does it not work on my psp version 2.71?:confused: if not is there a flash game like it for me.:confused:

centroles
June 14th, 2006, 22:44
Holy %#$#% that rocks.

I've for so long wanted an RTS to come to the PSP.

That's actually been my dream.

I'm going to donate money to the developer via paypal. I hope that other RTS fans do the same.

Altair
June 15th, 2006, 02:42
No need for money since its not yet finished. Im having trouble with the amount of units on the screen. If there's more then +- 10 the fps drops to about 30, which makes it lag real bad. Also I probably have to change the graphics and sound since its copyrighted.

I have a better version with more stuff and bugfixes, but I need to improve the amount of units. And atleast change the graphics. Unfortunately it'll take a little while because im in the middle of my tests and it'll take about a month since it just started.

@Physicist: How the game works:
With O you can build constructionyards (I'll change this to a MCV later)
Then you can build powerplants -> barracks -> soldiers and refinary -> warfactory -> truck, mediumtank and heavytank.

Those are all the units and buildings for this version. More to come...

the one and only
June 15th, 2006, 12:23
thanks heaps altair

Physicist
June 15th, 2006, 20:47
yeh thanks man i figured it out last night. only problem is accidentally pressing O and building an MCV on top of the units im trying to deselect :p
and then restarting = crash
could use a bit more to harvest too hehe
i bult the max number of units and the game went to about 10-15fps

looking forward to updates. this is THE game i want on PSP. this and halflife but i dont think thats gonna happen. by the way everyone has to sign the petition for sierra to put HL on PSP
cant find link. google it if u havent already

Altair
June 16th, 2006, 12:10
yeah restarting with that version usually meant crashing. Thats (almost) history. More minerals will ofcourse be added, its just to show it worked.

S34MU5
June 25th, 2006, 20:27
WHAT A BEAST I CANNOT WAIT FOR FULL VERSION
i have a bonner

the one and only
June 25th, 2006, 21:49
ewwwk, S34MU5 calm down, nice work altair :D cant wait for the next build

stefan
June 28th, 2006, 18:55
kkt

stefan
June 28th, 2006, 18:56
sujeti pula wai kktilor va fut in gura va dau la muie la toti si imi bag pula in neamu voastru de kkt de ce nu ati pus tot jocul????X(:D:):P

minor59er
July 6th, 2006, 05:55
PM me when you finished the game and there is a downgrade for 2.7 hehehe. Looks very good, now im gonna have to find the pc version and play it :P

yugifan156
July 13th, 2006, 20:05
:eek: ive been waiting 4 this 2 come out its my fav online game i used to play this all the time you guys kick ass:p

vinny69
July 15th, 2006, 11:33
where do you put it on the psp

the one and only
July 16th, 2006, 04:11
how is it goin?

nath700
July 16th, 2006, 16:20
I love it! but we can't play skirmish games vs ai?

remcoes
July 17th, 2006, 22:20
This is Great C&C rulez, and on your psp... it's just great!

Xiofire
July 17th, 2006, 23:55
Has Altair completely given up on this? I was hoping for another release.
-Xiofire

mr_nick666
July 18th, 2006, 12:24
Has Altair completely given up on this? I was hoping for another release.
-Xiofire

We're all wondering that! :rolleyes:

nmkrapper
July 20th, 2006, 16:31
are they any news from the programmer ?

Altair
July 25th, 2006, 01:31
No not completely anyway. I had a pretty busy time last two months with my tests and fraternity. Anyways I have a new release, but Im having problems with the amount of units on screen. Im not sure if I can ever solve it while im coding this in LUA. Blitting a lot o stuff is just hard with LUA. Im actually thinking of learning C and start all over with that. I still really want a RTS on my PSP. If I'll do that I'll release what I have now, but first I should remake all the sprites and sounds because of the copyright.

the one and only
July 25th, 2006, 04:54
Awesome, :D im learning c++, great to hear that you havent given up on REDaLua and i cant wait for the next version

mr_nick666
July 25th, 2006, 08:59
Awesome, :D im learning c++, great to hear that you havent given up on REDaLua and i cant wait for the next version

/\ /\ Agreed! :) Glad to hear some news :p This looks so promising! :D

NiGame
July 25th, 2006, 09:02
Keep up the Work we are behind you

omar q8
August 5th, 2006, 14:26
thanks man for thies game

yankorg364
August 6th, 2006, 04:54
can be more good if i can play it with flash player....but still waiting for that...

yaustar
August 6th, 2006, 05:07
No not completely anyway. I had a pretty busy time last two months with my tests and fraternity. Anyways I have a new release, but Im having problems with the amount of units on screen. Im not sure if I can ever solve it while im coding this in LUA. Blitting a lot o stuff is just hard with LUA. Im actually thinking of learning C and start all over with that. I still really want a RTS on my PSP. If I'll do that I'll release what I have now, but first I should remake all the sprites and sounds because of the copyright.
What are you having trouble with in terms of the blitting? Managing the objects or just the speed of it?

Altair
August 21st, 2006, 13:25
The speed. More then 10 units on the screen at the same time isn't possible and when i turn on the minimap the max is 9. More then that and the game goes really slow.

-DraGon-
September 4th, 2006, 10:39
any more updates? ? . . i hope you still working on it :D ..

Physicist
September 4th, 2006, 11:33
hehe well if you do go and learn C dont forget to name it REDaC
hope you get this one done. try not to make the sprites lame. i dont think id enjoy ordering around a lot of theme-park style characters as much as people with bazookas and flamethrowers. :p

samidgley
September 4th, 2006, 12:29
This thread reapears all of the time. I get all excited about the idea of it being an update, and then it isn't lol

djsoto20
September 20th, 2006, 03:11
Hello there...
I just downloaded the game and its GREAT!!!

mr_nick666
September 20th, 2006, 09:12
This thread reapears all of the time. I get all excited about the idea of it being an update, and then it isn't lol

I know what you mean... You think "Oooh! An update at last!" and theres just a post of someone saying "Ive got a 2.8 and I cant get it to work!" :eek: DOH!

-DraGon-
October 28th, 2006, 00:12
Awh! .. . Please don't let this project be dead :(
I really want to see more updates :D .

Sorry for my bad engilsh :P

johnny11358
October 28th, 2006, 04:57
how do you open that file? what version do you have to use? -.- sorry noob here

Stump
November 25th, 2006, 12:07
Thanks!

nick_uk1
January 2nd, 2007, 04:34
can some1 make a 1.5 version plz

MasterChafed
January 2nd, 2007, 04:37
It's for luaplayer. Download luaplayer and put the files into the application folder.

p.s. please don't bump old threads.

nick_uk1
January 2nd, 2007, 14:43
kk ill try it thxz m8

nick_uk1
January 2nd, 2007, 14:57
wat lua player version do i need coz its comming up with a load error

nick_uk1
January 2nd, 2007, 16:48
im using 0.20 lua player

jak66
January 2nd, 2007, 16:56
used luaplayer 0.16 or 0.17, it should work fine on either of those

MasterChafed
January 2nd, 2007, 16:56
Try luaplayer .16 thats the most stable one.

element291
March 4th, 2007, 15:48
Junk, it never loads past 30%, and sometimes it doesnt even load past 10% getting into the game

Buddy4point0
March 4th, 2007, 16:00
this looks so sweet im downloading now
edit: this is old theres already redalua v2.
its way better
heres the link
http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=7559

maxipower90
March 25th, 2007, 04:51
im version 1.5 and i cant play this or most other homebrew games help

felixen21
April 28th, 2007, 14:16
Anyone know if someone is making a DS version of this?

Chameleon
April 28th, 2007, 14:18
doubt it havent heard from altair in a while

spikealan
June 3rd, 2007, 18:33
Hi i cant find the download link for red alert please help

maxipower90
July 1st, 2007, 02:40
yeah i used to do some Command and Conquer Modding a few years ago and still follow the scene :)

i helped my bro in his mod change the values of loads off stuff.

- added Ireland as an army, ohh yea the green beret kiked ass, you know he was pimped with the best a man can get
- added a ship that wasent in the final game however the code was there
- made a few maps
- lots other time consuming bull sh!t
- other irish units included, Irish Grey hound, Ra Man, bascailly the Ra Man was a sprite of one of the baseballers then changed the sprite colour to green and it turned out well

but then my bro tried to overclock his PC and it had a seizer, ohh well months of work down the pipe.

btw it was RA2 PC

I know this is off topic but the sad story had to be told

tallica
July 1st, 2007, 04:40
All the data will be on the hard drive, overclocking your cpu does not touch your data so your only problem is you fried your cpu. take out the hard drive and put it in another computer and all your data will still be there.

Physicist
July 14th, 2007, 17:34
this game is dead.
psx emu.

zxxxy18
October 14th, 2007, 18:30
how to run it on official 3.71 fw without lumines1? and if u know some homebrews 4 official 3.71 plz write priwate masag 2 me.

Cloudhunter
October 14th, 2007, 18:35
how to run it on official 3.71 fw without lumines1? and if u know some homebrews 4 official 3.71 plz write priwate masag 2 me.

1. You can't.

2. There are none.

3. Even if you had Lumines, it can't downgrade 3.71 - you need to know someone with a hacked PSP, so they can make you a pandora battery solution.

Cloudy

swat445
November 11th, 2007, 12:47
HELP it crashe's and my psp auto turns off after %30 loaded

borgqueenx
November 12th, 2007, 16:42
this game needs a developer...

dropship-dvd
November 13th, 2007, 03:44
Gone

zxxxy18
January 14th, 2008, 08:52
cool. i always wanted to play strategies on psp. this game is awesomw!

doomvshalo
January 24th, 2008, 09:24
fab.cant wait to try it

tried it but it seems a bit glitchy with crashes an multiply home base for begginning.has this project been abanded?
ps lv'ed the game an dieing for update

borgqueenx
January 24th, 2008, 15:19
gdteam.net check it out.

maxipower90
January 25th, 2008, 17:53
All the data will be on the hard drive, overclocking your cpu does not touch your data so your only problem is you fried your cpu. take out the hard drive and put it in another computer and all your data will still be there.

tried that, everything is corrupt...

doomvshalo
March 13th, 2008, 23:23
has this project been abanded?