PDA

View Full Version : Alek announces closure of Dark-Alex.org forums

Krystal
August 27th, 2009, 06:10
"Closure Announcement of Dark-AleX.org (http://dark-alex.org/) Forum.

Within the following announcement, we announce the closure of Dark-AleX.org forum, after one year of working, more than 50,000 users, more than 170,000 messages, and more than 15,000 threads. With those statistics, that have gone generally within more than 450 messages, 40 threads and 130 new users per day, we are more than just satisfied about the results and about what we have reached.

There are many reasons. The forum, by itself, has been a challenge. A challenge that, without any doubt, has exceeded all of our expectatives, and a challenge that now, after all that we have been through, we find ourselves happy and proud of having gone this far. However, its, professionally speaking, a moment for evolving and taking ourselves a little time for relax and so we can study whats next.

Since the beginning, the people' answer has been something amazing and indescribable, something that we won't have enough grateful words, and that fills us of satisfaction. This support has been so huge that we have found ourselves overwhelmed, and when we wanted to give the deserved service for each user, we have gone into problems and we have got to take this hard but consistent decition; that, the same way as we wield a smile when all this was starting, this last decition makes us sad, but we know that is the best choice at the moment.

Again, thanks to all, to our moderators, to our friends, to our old and new partners, to the English Zone and their help to this project, and everyone of you that have helped us on any terms.

Lastly, if any user is interested on recovering any part or any thread of the forum, please contact with the following e-mail: [email protected] so we can deliver what you need.

And remember, you always have to your disposal our IRC as a place in where you can chat, you can laugh with us, and as a cool reason to make a reunion and remember old times, as after all this is not a "goodbye", but a "cya" ;-)

Sincerely,

Admin and Webmaster of Dark-AleX.org"

Mod's note: It has not been mentioned above that Dark_Alex is leaving the scene. Only the Dark-Alex.org forum is closing, that which is actually maintained by someone else called Alek, a totally different person. Don't get it confused folks, okay?

pibs
August 27th, 2009, 09:05
DAX always comes back ;)

Remember when he got that cease and desist letter from Sony, yet he kept on truckin lol

Eviltaco64
August 27th, 2009, 09:14
DAX always comes back ;)

Remember when he got that cease and desist letter from Sony, yet he kept on truckin lol

Yeah, then those "Russians" behind M33 turned out to be him. :P

Although, this could be real.

Nocuddle
August 27th, 2009, 11:08
I Want My 5.50 M33 Nooow!!

:(

dun go DAX, i still luv u....

Nokiaman
August 27th, 2009, 13:05
I hope he brings new M33 CFW someday :(

Thomly
August 27th, 2009, 13:15
he didn't say anything about leaving the scene.

He just closes his forum, he still has a blog and stuff.

D.S.Darkness
August 27th, 2009, 13:20
i heard that 5.50 M33 is supposed to be released like in 2 days, but its just a rumor, which i hope is true lol

osgeld
August 27th, 2009, 14:26
The reporter of this is using a misleading title and some speculation

when whats happening is clearly laid out and why RIGHT THERE in the post

:thumbup:

ojdon
August 27th, 2009, 14:45
The topic is misleading, then again so is the quote until the last sentence.

Cloudhunter
August 27th, 2009, 17:52
Just because the forum is shutting down it doesn't mean that Dark_AleX is leaving the scene - The forum is run by Alek, not Alex... They are seperate people.

Methinks people should learn to read before putting mislabled headers, and that the topic title should be changed... And perhaps the content too - as this is front page news and VERY misleading.

Just my $0.02.

DPyro
August 27th, 2009, 17:57
He's moving on to PS3 :p

mehmetcan
August 27th, 2009, 18:02
well, everyone knows why he left the $cene.
but it's not important anymore.

thanks to Dark Alex and his friends to "resist" until now.

megaman_zer0
August 27th, 2009, 20:02
The reporter of this is using a misleading title and some speculation

when whats happening is clearly laid out and why RIGHT THERE in the post

:thumbup:

yay for propaganda :P

Shrygue
August 27th, 2009, 22:17
I've change the thread title, cleaned up the article for easier reading and put a note at the bottom. I hope that is helpful for everyone to cut out the confusion.

Cloudhunter
August 28th, 2009, 00:03
Thanks - It's alot better :)

watupgroupie
August 28th, 2009, 00:20
I was on their IRC channel for around an hour today chatting with some mods on there, and I can confirm that they cannot afford the forums anymore. They were drawing a TON of traffic and the expense just became too much, and something else to do with their government not liking how they advertised without permission from them. Alex is just waiting until a new firmware comes around that is worth the effort to make a new M33.

shortperson1026
August 28th, 2009, 07:15
I have talked to dark_alex and he has said that he is indeed leaving the PSP scene to work in a different area.

Shadowblind
August 28th, 2009, 12:27
I've been away from the scene too long...I actually read the title once and thought "I wonder who that is." Then I reread it and punched myself in the face.

osgeld
August 28th, 2009, 14:30
I have talked to dark_alex and he has said that he is indeed leaving the PSP scene to work in a different area.

Well I have talked with dark_alex and he said he was going to trans-mutate into a bunny and take on the forces of evil!

Thomly
August 28th, 2009, 15:03
lol guys, serious now.

I have spoken with Alek, the guy of the Sceners.org blog via Twitter:

thomasstockx: @Sceners does the closing of the dark-alex forums have an impact on his work on psp homebrew? Or did he leave the scene? Rumors you know :D

Sceners: @thomasstockx Yup, i've heard the rumors. However, forums closing doesn't means anything of that :)

You may even check my twitter account: www.twitter.com/thomasstockx
and that of Alek: www.twitter.com/sceners

You see, Dark_Alex is NOT leaving the scene.
Thank you.