PDA

View Full Version : What GTA: Chinatown Wars Looks Like On The PSP

wraggster
August 27th, 2009, 20:46
http://cache-foo-09.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/08/gallery_3_05.jpg

Having dated Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the PSP earlier this week, Rockstar now shows us how the game handled the trip from the Nintendo DS to Sony's handheld.

It looks like they've done a fine job of maintaining the top-down perspective of the DS version, while cleaning up the graphics and sprucing up the lighting effects to better take advantage of the PSP's power. I actually think that the Chinatown Wars look might work better than trying to mimic the look of the console games like Rockstar did with the PSP Stories series.

Of course looks aren't everything, so we have to wonder how it plays. Luckily we won't be wondering long; we'll have a full hands-on report on Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the PSP next week.

http://kotaku.com/5346933/what-gta-chinatown-wars-looks-like-on-the-psp/gallery/

ojdon
August 27th, 2009, 21:23
Ah wow. I actually can't wait to play this. I loved the top down series. :)

koh-kun
August 27th, 2009, 21:37
I found it so hard to memorize the top-view maps in the first two GTA.

Nokiaman
August 27th, 2009, 22:11
Horrible. Totally not buying.

osgeld
August 27th, 2009, 22:29
I almost bought the DS version, but I am glad I waited

Love top down GTA

juiceface
August 28th, 2009, 00:28
looks very nice on the psp, the ds one was great

PoorKingz
August 28th, 2009, 03:44
Seems more like a downgrade from the other PSP GTAs. Better be cheaper.

dgila
August 28th, 2009, 16:45
Yeah it looks like a poor version of GTA liberty city stories. PoorKingz is right.
I wouldn't buy it

Well if framerate is up to 60 fps and the price is low (€5 or £5) XD. :rofl:

Stone Temple Pilots
August 28th, 2009, 19:05
Should've been left on the DS. I don't think I could get used to looking at little specks killing other little specks after playing Liberty City Stories.

Yes, I've played GTA1 and GTA: London, and those were garbage IMO.

osgeld
August 28th, 2009, 21:42
and yet you think LCS is the greatest thing ever?
:rofl:

This is why theres very little games worth while on psp

Something fresh and fun gets called rubbish before anyone has a chance to play it

BUT a PORT with a RECYCLED city, bad controls, dull storyline, and 2/3 of the missions being "baby sit your retard brother who cant open a car door" is leet

:confused:

Nokiaman
August 29th, 2009, 13:46
BUT a PORT with a RECYCLED city
No. The city isn't exactly same. Also CW has just dumbed down version of GTA IV Liberty City without Alderney.

bad controls
What? The controls are same as any other GTAs on PS2. They are easy to use.

dull storyline
Oh u. Storyline wasn't that bad. GTAIV and CW have worst storylines, because R* is just being lazy.

and 2/3 of the missions being "baby sit your retard brother who cant open a car door" is leet
In every GTA game you had some kind of "passenger".