PDA

View Full Version : Rayman Raving Rabbids announced

wraggster
May 4th, 2006, 00:23
Via Revfanboy (http://www.revolutionfanboy.com/2006/05/03/rayman-raving-rabbids-announced/)
Our earlier reports of a Rayman ressurrection left you all without a name for the game or any kind of information on the premise of the title. Well, the game has now been dubbed Rayman Raving Rabbids and some tidbits of information have been placed on the table. The premise of the title revolves around a group of uncontrollable bunnies whom threaten the very existence of Rayman's world. It's obviously up to him to stop them, through new abilities and the help of friends.

When asked to comment on the project, Sir Ancel said "After wrapping up Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, the team here in Montpellier sat down to talk about having some fun with Rayman and his universe. We are running into a bit of a problem, though, because our game has been invaded by thousands of raving mad and vicious bunnies, who have apparently been preparing this assault since the very first Rayman game. We are now sending an SOS to all motivated gamers to help us get rid of them as fast as possible!"

I don't know about you fine readers, but this game is in my top 5 anticipated titles for E3. I cannot wait to get my hands on this and see in what ways Michel is going to push the envelope and improve upon what is already one of the greatest franchises in gaming history.

burnsy123456
May 4th, 2006, 10:36
One of the greatest franchises in gaming history?
i hope you are being sarcastic!!!!
Rayman 1 on saturn was ok, rayman 2 was really good, 3 was quite good, and all the handheld titles range from quite good to awful!!
so, although the series could be considered 'pretty good' overall and has always shown some innovation, too many of the games simply lack any real 'spark'.
i put the rayman series a couple of levels above the likes of crash and spiro, but quite some way below mario, sonic etc (tho sonic's 3d games have been very hit and miss).
so, although im looking forward to seeing rayman on the wii(...shudder), and interested to see how the freehand controls raymans 'flying fists' etc, if i was going to e3, id prob only go see it after 'cooking game' and before stuff like spongebob.
one of the greatest franchises in history? no offence mate, but i think pre-e3 fever (especially when you have a new platform) is taking over.
Rayman game on the wii? good news. but not THAT good!
now, metroid, or mario or resident evil etc- THEY are great franchises- rayman is just a good franchise.

GaMeR_2000
May 7th, 2006, 02:47
Let me think of some franchises>Rayman...
Metroid
Mario
Pokemon (when I was a wee one)
Legend of Zelda
Ratchet
Jak
Halo
Mario spinoffs (tho that may go under Mario)
Fire Emblem
Pikmen
Sonic
etc.
See where I'm going with this