PDA

View Full Version : RTS engine/base (please leave feedback/ideas)

RedKing14CA
May 4th, 2006, 06:21
We need a good RTS Base... Just something RTS thats easilly modded...

Something with characters easy to change... with a good map editor..

And of course both guns/melee/and laser combat...

Also support for land sea and air.... and very hopefully space would be possible (starcraft style, not that 3D homeworld thing)

This way we wouldnt have so many "ports" that arn't really ports, and mods that came out would have great capabilities...

There could be a medieval mod about king arthur and his knights with a story about sending armies to wage war with mordred...

Or a sci-fi mod sending over a hundred terran wraiths, X-Wings, or Gunships accross the galaxy...

If you see my point we would have several more PSP games open to us...

Several different single player stories could be made, and if wifi support can still be used (seams dead since quake first revived it...) we could get awsome multiplayer maps/ capabilities...

Please understand what i'm saying

It would also be nice to have a leveling system for RPG type gameplay....

Please post replies with suggestions/comments, once we get a good idea of what we need made, decide what the first release will be based off of (past, present, future), then maybe we can actually start working on this...

I

RedKing14CA
May 5th, 2006, 02:09
Day/Night shift

Think it would be possible?

RedKing14CA
May 5th, 2006, 02:35
Are there any coders out there willing to work on this?

Coders = good, even bad coders, not that any of you are :D

cloud_952
May 5th, 2006, 03:07
Yeah, we kinda guessed. But you can't just expect people to reply.

Not to mention.. what's your thread about? Yeah, we know you think that this would be "cool". But what do you want in reply? Do you want people to also post that it would be cool? Or do you want us to come up with additional ideas? But here's the problem: there aren't any coders even looking at this. At least not yet. O_o I just don't know what the point is in talking about "wouldn't it be cool if?" if no one's going to go around and do something. Less talking, more doing.. you know?

I had games that I wanted to make, so I started learning how to make games. I had websites I wanted to see, so I taught myself webprogramming.

Anyway.. I'm not trying to chastise here. But the point is, not many people are going to reply. Just have to accept that, not post snotty remarks to those who DO skim the thread.

RedKing14CA
May 5th, 2006, 06:05
Did i clean up my act a bit? :o

Cap'n 1time
May 5th, 2006, 14:59
NO! YOUR A TERRIBLE PERSON! kidding :p

jman420
May 5th, 2006, 22:52
this would be a genious idea, the only issue to me is, I'm working on 2 RTS games atm, but I dont want them to be moddible, just because that wrecks all the work I would have done to make it the way I like it, just so some 14 year old kid that knows how to use photoshop can mod it, and somehow become more popular...

however, as I am not a 14 year ole' kid, I would happily mod someone elses RTS engine if givin the chance :P