PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite debuts in US

wraggster
May 4th, 2006, 19:02
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=138968)

Nintendo of America has just confirmed that its super sleek and ultra sexy DS Lite will finally launch over in the good old US of A next month for the very reasonable price of 129 USD.

Exciting news indeed, although we'd prefer details from Nintendo regarding a European launch date, to be honest. Unfortunately for our colonial cousins, the Lite will launch with just one colour - the iPod-like Polar White (Crystal White in Japan), with ne'er a whiff of either the Enamel Navy and Ice Blue versions available in the East.

Whether US supplies of the DS Lite will be bountiful come launch remains to be seen however - particularly given the shortages in Japan caused by unprecedented demand for the little white beast since its debut earlier this year.

While we wait for Nintendo to spill final details on the handheld's european launch, there's some solace from the company's new euro marketing bod Laurent Fischer, who confirmed to Nintendo's official site that the Lite would hit these shores "this summer". In the meantime, why not check out our recent hands-on with the redesigned handheld to see what's in store for those lucky Yanks this June.

Mazza
May 4th, 2006, 19:55
I live in the UK so I'm still going to import mine even if it costs more, it's likely if it's released in the UK that it will still cost about £110 because the original DS still costs around £85 and I can import one for about £110 anyway

Payk
May 5th, 2006, 09:31
hahahaha....ultra sexy DS Lite .....hey that was a nice one ....hmhmh i want a nds lite too thats why my game should be at next neoflash-compo... I hope to win....but there are other great coders too...

infernomax
May 5th, 2006, 10:27
Ill might buy one when released here in aus.... I'll give it 3 months, it all depends on the progress of Strrnnmmm and PSmonkey's N64 Emulators

scrabbus
May 5th, 2006, 18:29
hmmmm, well i can tell you that if i didnt already own one i would get one!! and waiting for something like an n64 emu well.....

Shilo
May 5th, 2006, 23:40
$129????!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!! :eek: That is cheap:D Looks like I need to save some money:D Is it worth buying a DS lite if I already own a DS?????? I think so:D