PDA

View Full Version : BattleZone for PSP

wraggster
May 4th, 2006, 19:09
Via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64338)

Atari's announced plans to bring a modern update of BattleZone to PSP this November.

Paradigm Entertainment's developing it, and it promises a decent mix of single and multiplayer - but the emphasis appears to be on team-play, with four-player Wi-Fi high up on the agenda.

You'll take control of hover tanks in close combat scenarios, as you'd expect, with eight customisable team vehicles, unlockable weapons, vehicles and upgrades.

Extra content will be made available through the game's website too, including an online level builder tool - results can be transferred to PSP via PC-USB.

Multiplayer-wise, in all there'll be six modes - DM, CTF, TDM, Hotzone, Knockout and Fox and Hound. We don't know what Fox and Hound is but it's almost certainly not a Disney licence, because that film was rubbish and a total letdown after the Lion King.

theandyman85
May 4th, 2006, 19:56
Doesnt sound like the BattleZone (1 & 2) that included strategy elements that was released in the late 90s on PC and a few consoles. Makes me a bit disappointed but hopefully I will be shown wrong.

voorheesda
May 5th, 2006, 14:08
yeaaa battlezone ;D played it for ages ;I and now it goes portable? ;U OH YEA !

MaxSMoke
May 5th, 2006, 20:54
The "Fox and Hound" is a very old movie that was released in 1981, about 13 years before the Lion King. It may be rubbish, but it certainly didn't come after the Lion King.

As for Battlezone, this sounds like a simple port of the old PC game that was released in 1998. It was a pretty cool game, as it was one of the first games were you could run around on foot, as well as jump into and pilot any of the units you made. The game was a 1st person RTS. You could run around on foot, pilot any vehicle including the mobile factor units, and direct the actions of your units using an overhead map. But since this was a VERY early 3D game, in a time when most people had never heard of 3D Accelerators, the graphics were very bland. Mostly it was just rolling hills and alot of distance fog. The units themselves were very boxy and simple. Unless they plan on a major overhaul, most people might just pass on this game simply because of it's lack-luster looks. That would be a shame, because it was an amazing multiplayer game.