PDA

View Full Version : DragonDC Alpha 09

fackue
May 4th, 2006, 23:03
Ron (http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=430) has released a new version of DragonDC.

"Hello, At the moment Dragon Cartridges are not supported, but may be in the future." -ron

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Christuserloeser
May 7th, 2006, 23:49
Downloading now. :)

turnerl
May 9th, 2006, 23:41
Just thought I would post this link that has heaps of info and software to use with DragonDC!

http://www.dragon-archive.co.uk/

p.s. You need to register to have access to the archive.

turnerl
May 10th, 2006, 02:08
Here is a good link for loading of software commands.

http://www.mess.org/sysinfo/coco.htm

turnerl
May 10th, 2006, 05:55
Ron does this version support virtual disk files *.vdk ??? or just *.dsk

turnerl
May 10th, 2006, 09:33
I cant get into the GUI???

turnerl
May 10th, 2006, 09:59
The emulator Dragon 32/64 of Ron has been just updated, passing to the version 0.9 Alpha. The Dragon is a computer functioning under BASIC built by Dragon Dated in the years 1980. For recall, the emulator supports already the 640X480 out of STAKE as in NTSC. Its A still need for work, but most important is the control the speed of the emulator, and that without problems. This new version makes several modifications. Indeed, from now on the speed of emulation is equal at the real speed of the Dragon and the support of the discs was implemented. To be able to use the program, it is simply enough to carry out the binary one on Dreamcast. The keyboard is necessary for the moment, a virtual keyboard will be added thereafter. Once the launched program, it is necessary to make CTRL+1 to insert a disc in the unit or if not to remain in mode comforts. With order DIR you can see the files of the disc, if you wish to charge a program it is enough to type LOAD “NOM.BAS and to be able to carry out, a simple RUN is enough. To see the code typing LIST and using the traditional orders of BASIC. CTRL+R makes a reset software and Shift+CTRL+R makes a Reset hardware. The emulator integrates already all the necessary one to function and a disc. To give the responsability it to type LOAD “M.BAS followed by RUN. Thank you in SiZiOUS (and by extension to Ron) for the news

Looks like loading your own disks is not an option with this release?

ron
June 1st, 2006, 08:54
During the summer i'll update EnterpriseDC, DragonDC, DCider and more but mainly these 3.

I hope for Septermber, can have the gui, virtual keyborad, video and sound settings, Tape, disk and cartridge support , user configuration and media selector for each mentioned system.

Actually i'm away of scene and probably will be out during all summer time, so i hope to spent some time improving all emus, are not by far ready and needs an effort to be finished. SO until next september dont expect upgrades or new releases.

see ya all after summer, best regards

ron
June 1st, 2006, 09:03
Looks like loading your own disks is not an option with this release?

Actually the emulator is able to load OS9 apps and many basic prgs and games, also asm binaries, so i'm getting better and the keyboard code must be rewritten in order to integrate with the new GUI. The pbm is that at the moment the emulator is only able to mount two floppy disk drives and i'm using fsromdisk for the demo distribution, there are two versions one with games and other with OS9. Take a look on DCiberia news for both versions.

NO at the moment, but after summer you will be able to do as much as you like with the emu.

-Support for Tandy Color Computer "CoCo"
-Dragon mode selector 32 / 64, Country kybd and Tandy support
-Sound system fixed
-Support for Tapes, disks, cartridges and read only virtual hardisks
-Video mode correction
-Synchro and events improvement
-Graphical user interface
-Virtual Keybd
-Media Manager
-VMU Savestates
-More speed and compatibility

That's all folks

turnerl
June 1st, 2006, 22:57
WOW! thanks ron for the update cant wait to load coco cartridges and with sound! thanks mate and enjoy your summer!!!

ron
June 2nd, 2006, 09:19
turnerl i have a friend, he's very younger and still at college. IN his center the teacher's got Dragon 32/64. See that machines after a while were manufactured at Spain. Perhaps the unique computer ever made at our country with UK license of GRUNDI systems.

Okay i hope to get back next september with new updates even been away. Turnerl have you got a Dragon computer ? I do.

ron
June 2nd, 2006, 09:26
One more thing, Quzar began this port to Dreamcast i would like to pass him my source, i'm sure that with his fingers can fix a lot of things and bring up this emu. The boy is a good coder and he knows.

josemci
June 3rd, 2006, 12:48
Si es que no puedes vivir sin la Dreamcast, Rodriguillo!!! Desde luego, vaya retiro, je je je. Me alegro que pienses en mejorar tus emus pasado el verano, a ver si el sol te da en la cabeza y recuperas la moral (aunque igual con lo caliente que tienes el melón es peor y te pasas a sony, je je je)

turnerl
June 4th, 2006, 22:44
turnerl i have a friend, he's very younger and still at college. IN his center the teacher's got Dragon 32/64. See that machines after a while were manufactured at Spain. Perhaps the unique computer ever made at our country with UK license of GRUNDI systems.

Okay i hope to get back next september with new updates even been away. Turnerl have you got a Dragon computer ? I do.

Hey Ron, no mate I dont have a Dragon, but I have a trs-80 coco here in Australia, I also used to go down to the local radio shack ever day and play the latest cartridges on the coco in chattanooga tennessee when I stayed in the U.S. ah the good ol days!!! I dont think we ever had the dragon here in OZ but I could be wrong. Anyway keep up the great work your doing, long live the 8bits!!!!

ron
June 5th, 2006, 01:42
Si es que no puedes vivir sin la Dreamcast, Rodriguillo!!! Desde luego, vaya retiro, je je je. Me alegro que pienses en mejorar tus emus pasado el verano, a ver si el sol te da en la cabeza y recuperas la moral (aunque igual con lo caliente que tienes el melón es peor y te pasas a sony, je je je)

Yeah man, that's right... i'm a dreamcast yonkie