PDA

View Full Version : The PS3 Slim Might Be a Bit Slow

wraggster
August 31st, 2009, 11:20
A slew of videos out this weekend have revealed the unthinkable: PlayStation 3 slim owners could be wasting valuable seconds of their lives as their new console boots up slower than the original PS3!

Now, these videos are in no way conclusive evidence that the PS3 slim is a slow poke compared to its fatter older sibling. In fact, while some show the PS3 "phat" speeding past its svelte counterpart, others show the slim edging the big black obelisk out for the win. In either case, we're talking a matter of seconds.

So, no big deal, right? I mean, what meaningful thing could you possibly do in seven seconds that's being robbed from you thanks to a pokier PS3 slim? No, really. I want to know.

http://gizmodo.com/5348841/the-ps3-slim-might-be-a-bit-slow

Shrygue
August 31st, 2009, 22:43
Astouding but not totally surprising, the PSP 2000 series boots slightly slower than the 1000... or am I mistaken somehow? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eviltaco64
August 31st, 2009, 22:58
Astouding but not totally surprising, the PSP 2000 series boots slightly slower than the 1000... or am I mistaken somehow? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if it boots slower as I don't have two different PSP models to compare, but I do know that if it were to boot slower, it's not that big of a difference.

My PSP Slim boots up pretty fast, so I have no complaints.

Anyway, who cares which PS3 boots faster? Really, the difference is going to be something less than 2-3 seconds at the most.. :P