PDA

View Full Version : Worst console name

Dull Blade
May 5th, 2006, 20:30
Worst name for a console ever. The nintendo Wii. I'm no nintendo fan, but they could of thought of something less detering like dreamcast, a nice name that's creative but not detering.

Minion37
May 7th, 2006, 01:56
Worst name for a console ever: Playstation
Why: Because it sounds gay

JeffTweedyIsGod
May 7th, 2006, 10:49
Worst name for a console ever: Playstation2
Why: Because it sounds gay (a second time around)

GagaMan
May 7th, 2006, 12:30
Worst name for a console ever: Playstation3
Why: Because it sounds g*kicked*

SHAKIRALOVER
May 7th, 2006, 14:11
Wonderswan

Eric
May 7th, 2006, 20:35
I'm a nintendo fan but Gameboy sounds kind of gay. I wonder if they will think of something girly like Gamegirl or something. I dont know i just thought it wasnt very creative.

GaMeR_2000
May 8th, 2006, 01:13
Playstation 3
too unoriginal
Best-Wii: originality!!!!!!

infernomax
May 8th, 2006, 01:29
I'd have to say the Nintendo World War II i mean Wii

Dull Blade
May 8th, 2006, 20:45
those people at sony use real original names for their consoles (says me in a sarcastic voice)

Shadowblind
May 8th, 2006, 21:14
The Wii. *sigh*. Such a name will get snotty critics in English speaking countries disliking nintendo. But, then again, there still are those faithful few. :D

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 21:28
OMG the you all forget about the game.com , that is gay , game.com , game.com , that is the stupidest console name of all , then comes the trubograpgh express or something like that , then Famicon and super Famicon or SNES and NES in tge USA.

And the award for best console name and best console although unoriginal and the console is illegal cause it played PS2 , xbox , and GC games is *drum rolls* the phantom , it's so illegal that ebay prohibits the sale of it. And for all you to know , I have a phantom and almost noone has it hahahaha losers , and anyone know if theres homebrew for the phantom?

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 21:35
phantom is garbage... and if I remember correct it did not play other console games...

cdrdj
May 17th, 2006, 09:06
Colecovision or intellivision. Or 3DO system.

JeffTweedyIsGod
May 23rd, 2006, 13:55
I for one thought WonderSwan was a pretty neat name. It looks good in writing and creates a nice romantic imagery (for me at least). A little like that of a fairytale.

Never did buy one though.

Hawq
May 23rd, 2006, 18:20
phantom is garbage... and if I remember correct it did not play other console games...Or for that matter exist beyond mock ups, wait that means Phantom is a perfect name for it.

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 20:01
Infinium got sued badly, the Phantom is dead. As for the
worst console name I would have to say the game.com

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 01:02
The Wii. *sigh*. Such a name will get snotty critics in English speaking countries disliking nintendo. But, then again, there still are those faithful few. :D

In the Japanese language there is no natural word with the sound "wee". Its going to be a more oddball name for them then it would be for us. The closest they have to a "wee" sound is a heavly accented "ree" or "ee".

As for the
worst console name I would have to say the game.com

Agreed