PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus updated to R4

Kaiser
May 6th, 2006, 06:10
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/mario64works.JPG

StrmnNrmn (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23614&page=42&pp=10) has updated his fantastic Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted:

<blockquote>
I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I thought I'd release this now and have a bit of a lie in tomorrow morning

[!] Disable PSP FPU exceptions, enabling many more roms to run.
[!] Fixed ambient lighting bug.
[!] Fixed scissoring.
[~] Only create temp rom file if compressed (not swapped).
[~] Fixed decaling offset.
[~] Lots of combiner additions/fixes.

It's quite a short list, but hopefully people will find some significant improvements in compatibility. I haven't looked at improving performance yet - that's probably the next area I'll focus on.

Enjoy!</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Check out the Compat List Here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23616

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 06:13
Its about time there was another thread for this :D
The other one is getting pretty crowded :cool:

Kaiser
May 6th, 2006, 06:16
Its about time there was another thread for this :D
The other one is getting pretty crowded :cool:

The reason the news post for the first release is so busy is because there is a front page link to it in the emulator column. That and the fact StrmnNrmn has been posting his updates in it.

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 06:42
yea that other one is crowded but i guess its going to stay like that the guy is commenting back on the other one...

dfdavcvm33
May 6th, 2006, 07:19
Thisssss is nice

BALL_SAC
May 6th, 2006, 07:35
this is awesome... I cant wait till the emulator has sound support, and 60 fps! :)

Harshboy
May 6th, 2006, 07:39
Seeing as how fast this is going, updates almost daily, i would suspect we will have sound within the next 3-4 releases. Maybe 50% FPS in a couple releases too.

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 07:44
In fact I shouldnt even be posting this:(
The man has made magic happen on the psp, hes more talented then words can describe;)
maybe that sounds corny, So what, I didnt see anyone else bring out a n64 emu for the psp that ran this well. and there is monkey who is also talented ;) dont forget him :cool:

*But I wonder, I mean we still dont have a perfect snes emu, It makes me wonder how long we will really have to wait before perfect N64 emulation can happen on the psp :o

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 07:50
nothing in this world is perfect but ill settle with acceptable like if they can get the n64 emulator as good as the snes is right now then ill be more than happy i mean its not perfect but you can play the games you want at good speeds and sound like the snes..

Harshboy
May 6th, 2006, 07:51
As long as we can get atleast 50% FPS, we could use some sort of Frame-skip to make it seem upto speed. But even then we will have to wait for some time.

dazman
May 6th, 2006, 07:51
I was impressed before. But now (WOW) don't dumb down the improvments, what a diffrence.

Please, please, please keep going, this is looking fantastic.

I am so excited and have now made mind up to not sell my PSP.

My god retro gaming is the best.

Many thanks

Oh yes there was one other thing, Mario 64, It's playable "YES"

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 08:07
I was impressed before. But now (WOW) don't dumb down the improvments, what a diffrence.

Please, please, please keep going, this is looking fantastic.

I am so excited and have now made mind up to not sell my PSP.

My god retro gaming is the best.

Many thanks

Oh yes there was one other thing, Mario 64, It's playable "YES"
And its not that im dumbing down the improvments, Its that im really excited about this.
This it the most awsome thing to happen to the psp scene in quite some time :p
Its like a drug!!
Im adicted, I must have more!!

MOOOOOOOOORREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
lol

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 08:17
question guys i have mario 64 does it run better uncompressed which for me its .v64 or zipped or better yet what format does it run best and another question is that does the ir shell thing still boosts speeds with this new r4 release would like to know and yes thank you man loving my psp more because of you....keep up the good work...

dazman
May 6th, 2006, 08:22
OH MY GOD

I just kicked A** on Big Bob-omb - on the summit, How good did that feel.

YES!

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 08:23
Since with r4 the roms are steam loaded. its better to leave them uncompressed, meaning the v64 is best :D

Shilo
May 6th, 2006, 08:25
And its not that im dumbing down the improvments, Its that im really excited about this.
This it the most awsome thing to happen to the psp scene in quite some time :p
Its like a drug!!
Im adicted, I must have more!!

MOOOOOOOOORREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
lol

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! N64 emulation on the PSP is like a drug. It is so friggin adicting!!!!!!!!!!! It has no sound, runs really slow, but I cant stop playing!!!!!!

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 08:26
ohh thanks again i put the question here and the other one to let others who have the same question as me get answered but the jury is still out on the ir shell thing for this new r4 release...

d_dunn
May 6th, 2006, 08:55
loving it guys!!!!...

Getting it too work on my 2.01 psp :D
My psp is a walking, talking constole emulator thanx to DCEMUuk....

U'S TRULY R DA BEST ;)

01cooperl
May 6th, 2006, 09:49
Since with r4 the roms are steam loaded. its better to leave them uncompressed, meaning the v64 is best :D

I have some .z64 ones. Are they equally good? :confused:

Also, how do you get the names to "PSP user" etc?

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 09:56
I have some .z64 ones. Are they equally good? :confused:

Also, how do you get the names to "PSP user" etc?
V64 and Z64 both run fine in Daedalus :) I think anyway:cool:

As far as changeing your user title you can join one of these groups here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editusergroups

:cool:

emuking
May 6th, 2006, 10:22
shadow prophet i know this is off topic but ill play you at mario kart ds, my friend code is 098853
noticed yours so if want enter mine i live in us in california so if you can figure out the time difference ill play you where ever you live or just reply to my post or something if no its okay
n64 is a drug

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 10:26
shadow prophet i know this is off topic but ill play you at mario kart ds, my friend code is 098853
noticed yours so if want enter mine i live in us in california so if you can figure out the time difference ill play you where ever you live or just reply to my post or something if no its okay
n64 is a drug

Its exactly 4:30 am right now I dont know what time it is there :) I figure its 3:30 am tho. Ill add your friend code as soon as I get a chance and I hope to run into you later today somtime :D MY name is Magus on there and my picture is a carefuly drawn image of magus from chrono trigger :D
You cant miss me. I figure it'll be a couple hours at lest before I can get around to it tho :p

emuking
May 6th, 2006, 11:46
shadowprophet your time is just an hour ahead its 3:40 here in california,so when you add my friend code get on pretty much at any time to try to play me, ill be playing tomorrow in the morning and later on to the afternoon,hope to play you, later
p.s. chrono trigger is the $hit!!!

gotmilk0112
May 6th, 2006, 11:50
the creator of Deadelus should make it so we can overclock the psp before we load a rom so it will run faster! im sure overclocking the psp from 222mhz to 333mhz would make SM64 run about 10fps faster :D

aleborri
May 6th, 2006, 12:16
Well just tested Mario 64, Zelda 64, Yoshi 64 and Killer Instinct, Mario 64 works GREAT, colors now show properly and it looks faster, great work! Also Zelda now gets way into the game, I got to the bridge intro part however it was too slow and quit, but well it's improving a lot.

The bad news for me are Killer Instinct that doesn't work, black rectangles with purple borders appear when the emu is trying to start, and also Yoshi doesnt work, the emu loader keeps blinking endlessly.

Great improvements overall, pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls keep working on this, its mindblowing that no Neogeo or GBA emus are coming at all, either the can't solve it or get proper speed, and you blow everyone away with no more no less than a working N64 emu, awesome!

ENG
May 6th, 2006, 12:17
!WOW!
This is so good, keep up the great work
(you to PSMonkey)

chickenclaws
May 6th, 2006, 12:35
wow this emulator is making a huge impack on the psp communitiy
almost as big as when psmonkey made Mortal combat (RECTANGLE VERSION) :) playable

theblue
May 6th, 2006, 12:36
WOW great work Deadelus GREAT GREAT

Bassman8866
May 6th, 2006, 13:09
Just a thought,

Dont you think nintendo is getting pretty pissed about this whole thing? I mean, they released the DS a while ago and put mario 64 on it hoping people would want to buy it because they loved mario 64 so much. If Daedalus made an emulator run like anywhere close to the system (crossing my fingers) dont you think the awesomeness would spread worldwide and psp's would be selling all over the place? Think about it, practically any old school game you can think of, and now..... NINTENDO 64!! all for free AND PORTABLE. :D

I still feel kind of bad for Nintendo...

shiftybill
May 6th, 2006, 13:31
i got into the mushroom cup in mario kart!!! crashed b4 the 1st lap tho, but still keep it dude!!

LiNKZiE
May 6th, 2006, 13:35
great stuff! this emu... wow!

Kloe
May 6th, 2006, 13:45
i've been searching for hours trying to get roms for Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64, but I can't find any sites that allow you to actually download them. Anyone able to PM me or post a link for me so I can actually play Mario 64 and see what all the buzz is about? :D

Harshboy
May 6th, 2006, 13:51
dont talk about roms! But if you AIM me i can help you out ;)

Voltron
May 6th, 2006, 15:37
We still dont have a perfect snes emu, It makes me wonder how long we will really have to wait before perfect N64 emulation can happen on the psp :o

Yes, this has been a cloud forever lingering over the PSP just trying to rain on our parade. But with talented people working on these project and the thankful community **US** supporting the developers, I am optimistic about PSP emulation.

Sure SNES emulation is not yet perfect. SNESTYL is one of my favorite works of homebrew on the PSP. But if you visit the SNESTYL website SNESTYL Team (http://yoyofr.fr.st/) it seems that the team is VERY busy and has very little time to work on this. I mean it has been almost 3 months since the infamous wireless network play showing Street Fighter 2 being played via adhoc on 2 PSP's in seemingly perfect sync. Not even a small or pre-release or beta version yet. It gets frustrating but I know unless I want to code it myself I can't complain.

My point is that if coders and development teams spend more time then it could be possible for something like N64 to advance faster than SNES. Both N64 projects seem to be worked on more frequently than the SNESTYL EMU.

Anyways, simply AMAZING work making N64 a reality on the PSP. Where can people donate? If anyone knows where to donate to PSMonkey and StrmnNrmn, please post it so I and others can know.

Keep up the awesome work - Infinite Thanks!

hockey2112
May 6th, 2006, 16:14
Fantastic work, this is great!!

acn010
May 6th, 2006, 16:31
the snes is almost perfect, so i dont complain about it.
people need time in order to do something, i can wait forever till it comes to an acceptble state of the emulator (50-70% of speed, i don't mind)
he he

acn010
May 6th, 2006, 16:33
and is making a very good progress,
good job ;)

Zion
May 6th, 2006, 16:38
Brilliant. This emulator is making unbelievable progress. Now all the textures in Mario seem to be ok! (I havn't played too much of it) And now Zelda works. Stunning.

Keep up the great work!

acn010
May 6th, 2006, 16:45
this is spreading too much, lol, its like everyone is getting excited and addicting to the N64 emulator, too bad that some psp are being updated thanks to sony and even the new version 2.70 is out , somebody such as fanjita needs to make a e-loader for that version, and also hearing about the new version that is coming out for compatability on the PS3.
i want a downgrader for 2.60 to 2.00 or 1.50, so i can upgrade mine to 2.60 (mine is 2.00, he he)

dthpsc
May 6th, 2006, 16:46
The graphics on Mario are showing up much better... such great progress since even the last release in such a short time! Can't wait for a performance increase this is amazing.

Damian666
May 6th, 2006, 17:14
This is excellent news, Super Mario 64 is running a bit faster now, and i have noticed that when you go to the Bomb-omb World, the purple and balck textures are gone in some places. Every now and then, they'll show up in random places on the summit. But, other then that this is an excellent emulator for the PSP.

Cloud_35
May 6th, 2006, 17:58
Sound....????

Emeriastone
May 6th, 2006, 18:06
Hey alright, the color is fixed!

prodigyxeno
May 6th, 2006, 19:19
i tried to send a message but it would not send.anway ill keep trying.the guy who created this is a genius and has more potential than psmonkey.this world seems to work backwards....the people who work less are rewarded more.psmonkey was in some magazine yet you seem to have jumped out of nowhere with this and you got mario working somewhat which psmonkey admits he cant get to work at all....although the game is not playable you got screenshots and improvement....thats sick....it shows the more known people get attention they dont deserve.just because they are known doesnt mean they work more...i would not be surprised if there was another coder working on a n64 emu for psp who is not known.

John Vattic
May 6th, 2006, 19:51
holy crap i see the legend of zelda intro!

salomon st
May 6th, 2006, 20:14
as long as he gets at least 15fps it is good i mean if sound is going to slow down the framerate....WHO NEEDS SOUND?!??!?!!

Man
May 6th, 2006, 21:12
I have now been able to get mario cart into game and am playing it now.

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 21:15
actually psmonkey is starting from scratch so its harder and this a port from the pc so dont be putting down monkey just because you see more results you quick to judge but thats wrong really wrong know what you babbling about before you spit out stupid sh!t...

felonyr301
May 6th, 2006, 21:17
as in potential mokey has more in the long run because its being startup for the psp not just a port from the pc but im not complaining with the pc port in the end if i can play zelda with at least 75% speed with sound ill be a happy camper and gladly donate money

dazman
May 6th, 2006, 22:09
I have no knowledge of programming and with family life and work have no time to learn therefore without any of the programmers from psmonkey to StrmnNrmn and the many others I would not be playing my old games and therefore holding on to my childhood.

I don't think it takes one hero to create an emulator, it takes many hero's "programmers" all running together, pushing each other to new limits and people like ourselves asking to see more.

Runners in the Olympics' are no different, setting records which the next runner then breaks, runners would not achieve such high standards if they where the only one that was running.

Think of the Olympic games, Many people watching hoping to see records broken and many runners all trying to be the best, but in the end the goal is the same everyone in the arean waving there flags to say I helped this all come true.

Emulators will get great, gold medles will be won.

My thanks go out to coders all over the world.

acn010
May 6th, 2006, 22:17
i recently played zelda ocarina of time, i past the intro (it almost took half our to atually play the game) saw some characters in purple and black squares,also some stages section some like links tree house, just saying, thats all......
Mario was a huge improvement on graphic, but there was something weird on loading that made the game freeze for moments like every 20 to 30 seconds or walking place to place ( ithink).

emuking
May 6th, 2006, 22:31
Its exactly 4:30 am right now I dont know what time it is there :) I figure its 3:30 am tho. Ill add your friend code as soon as I get a chance and I hope to run into you later today somtime :D MY name is Magus on there and my picture is a carefuly drawn image of magus from chrono trigger :D
You cant miss me. I figure it'll be a couple hours at lest before I can get around to it tho :p
shadowprohet im on right now when you can enter my friend code just find me if you can to play,its 2:30 here right now if not its okay later

Damian666
May 6th, 2006, 22:38
For all of you Newbie's out there, you need to stop complaining about several stupid things. Leave PSMonkey out of this, he started his N64 emulator from scratch, and Daedalus ported his emulator from the PC version of Daedalus. I give credit to these two for starting something that really give us something to hope for. Besides, there are hierarchies here that can take care of the likes of you. Not me, but the DCEmu Webmaster and the Administrator can deal with you, if all you can do is criticize, and not cheer these guys on, then don't post anything saying that this PSMonkey sucks because nothing works at all, and Daedalus is the all known mighty God. These guys are doing there best, for free, there respect is for free. I give my full support to them, and so doesn't this whole community.

shadowprophet
May 6th, 2006, 23:05
You have to see the bigger picture.
People are very excited about this.
And as with anything, when you have a massive acceptence of somthing great like this, there will be many diverse opinions from veried states of mind.
I think the over all image of how people feel about this is aperent. So why trip out over what a few hagglers have to say?
I mean when it comes right down to it,
Even if somone wanted to diss this emu whole heartedly. There still entitled to that opinion.
Diversety, Its whats keeps us grounded in reality.
Without it, all the feed back on this emu would ammount to nothing but one huge hero worship to its creator.
I encurage people to leave there earnest feedback on this and not follow in the footsteps Of blind hero worship, Without true honest feedback. These forums become little more then a groupie fan site. and thats kind of sickening if you ask me :o

*somtimes peer pressure can prevent people from speaking there own mind.
But that only shows you and other's that its eaiser to let other's think for you, then to think for yourself, Ponder on this a little bit peeps ;)

Vega
May 7th, 2006, 01:04
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!
Great work right here!! Unbelievable stuff.

Damian666
May 7th, 2006, 01:21
Sorry Shadowprophet, I agree with you. I was just angered earlier, but now that i see it through your perspective point of view. There are people out there who go for whoever, even if they dislike either of the coders.

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 01:30
Sorry Shadowprophet, I agree with you. I was just angered earlier, but now that i see it through your perspective point of view. There are people out there who go for whoever, even if they dislike either of the coders.

You dont have to be sorry to me bro :p
Your opinion is just as important as anyone elses :cool:

I encurage freedom of thought and speech as long as it doesnt trample over anyone elses in the process:)

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 01:40
at least is not a competition of who is the best on something.
lol

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 01:52
Kitty cats make me sad :p
Ive had three cats in my whole life, and I got really attached to all three of them:(

They just dont live forever :( Even if you take really really good care of them :(

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 01:52
shadow prophet sorry to bother but im playing right now searching for friends, if you have already entered my friend code just look for me in friends in mario kart ds its 5:50 over here and ill search till 6:10 over here,look for me in friend search from 6:50 to 7:10,hope to play ya if not this will be the last time i bother ya,by the way both emu's are going to be good people shouldnt complain about something they dont understand:)

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 01:54
Okay Im going now bro :p

Give me about five minuets to get my ds ready and put your friend code in :p

KK ive got you registered and im waiting :D

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:04
Okay Im going now bro :p

Give me about five minuets to get my ds ready and put your friend code in :p

KK ive got you registered and im waiting :D
great im on shadow prophet an you just appeared i think, how come the game wont start though email me at [email protected] and tell me whats happening with you

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:05
hey your yellow mark appeared but the game is not staritng is there something i have to do please email me alright and tell me what i have to do

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 02:10
i connected to you, And i know it was you because your the only registered friend i have,
My wify goes up and down somtimes lets keep trying it will finely let me through :p

I keep getting error code 81010 :(

I dont even know what that is :(

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:11
keep posting man ill check forums every time okay im on right now in friend search so try to get on

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:14
keep trying man your on right now lets try and play,tell me how strong your bar is on your next post also ill check what that error code means

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:15
cool

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:19
got me

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:21
you got lucky man

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:29
hey rematch if you want i had a bad start i was doing something else man

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 02:30
your really really good :p

i cant wait to rematch you somtime :D

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:32
man i dont suck it was just something else ill play you when ever your on,besides that blue shell in the second race was total luck no offense we would have been tied,were about the same skill levell so ill play you again and prove im no noob okay

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 02:35
Not at all. Im really good, too keep up with me is the mark of greatness :p

And you beat me in the last round too. Ill pm you when ever i get the time to play again :)
Btw do you have any other online ds games?
Ive got metroid and animal crossing too :cool:

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:36
sorry for dissing you,you did kick my ass in the other two races though besides the blue shell one hope to play you again and find me whenever your on and keep my friend code okay nice race by the way later

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 02:44
i have metroid too man, its okay to email me and give me your friend code,email me when you want to play mario kart or just get on and find me,email when when you want to play metroid [email protected] its okay for you to i usually check everyday, also is animal crossing good i might get it,later

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 02:48
My email is [email protected]
I im really into metriod at the moment :) and cant wait to play you in it :p

As soon as I can find some time to devote to my ds. Ill be all over it :p

Lumir
May 7th, 2006, 03:07
Im having a small prob with mario, i dont see any text except the lvl one

crazyjohn
May 7th, 2006, 03:44
Me too, no text. Does anybody know if this runs better on 1.5, 1.0? Im on 2.0 and get ~5fps is that about normal? Will downgrade again if its better. Looking forward to good speed Zelda! Great work dude. My bet for a good speed emu is still with PSMonkey (Ground up approach) and hopefully this wont discourage him. But anyway its all good you both rock.

ritz
May 7th, 2006, 03:58
Hey I can't get this thing to run. Does it run on the GTA Hack?

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 04:09
Me too, no text. Does anybody know if this runs better on 1.5, 1.0? Im on 2.0 and get ~5fps is that about normal? Will downgrade again if its better. Looking forward to good speed Zelda! Great work dude. My bet for a good speed emu is still with PSMonkey (Ground up approach) and hopefully this wont discourage him. But anyway its all good you both rock.

:cool: i also use 2.00 and the emu goes that speed, so version does not matter, its just the emu being improved over time. ;)

funny shadowprophet, you just went off topic all the way..
lol :D

Kloe
May 7th, 2006, 04:51
i have v1.50 and i get 6-8 FPS so it might have something to do with it. *shrugs*

John Vattic
May 7th, 2006, 05:07
funny shadowprophet, you just went off topic all the way..

agreed.
Ds fanboys belong in another forum.
This is for psp fanboys.
I don't recall daedalus being released for ds.

Cooe14
May 7th, 2006, 05:09
I'm a DS and PSP fanboy where do I go?

shadowprophet
May 7th, 2006, 05:15
But it just kind of happened.

Tell me? Could you refuse a challenge? like that :D

Not to mention and far be for me to cast stones.
But the more we talk about it the more off topic we become. But you guys are right. This thread should stay in topic, As a mod that was very careless of me.
But in my defence :p

I did win lol :p

*so chop chop, back on topic everyone. This is K's thread, lets show him some respect :cool:

Cooe14
May 7th, 2006, 05:20
"daadssdasaasdsasdsdamsad;kj;jkf;lk;lk;lfk;lk;lkf;f f;lk;flk;flk;flk;flk;lfkf;;flk;flk;flkf;lkf;lkf;fk f;lfk;flk;flkf;lkf;lkfhghfgdgsrwewgdhdikloakjlllaa llkjlakjlakjdjhjfb;;;llalalalalkjlkjlakakjaajalkja lkjallakjajajalkjalkajjajjajajjajajjajajajajajajja jajjajajjajajajajajajjajajjasjajajajjajajjajajajaj ajajjajahjjajajjaajajajajajajajajajajajajhajahajah shshshshshshshajahajahajsshshshshasjahajahajajshsh shshsjahsjshshshajajajajiddjdjfkfdjfkjdjdjfklkdkdk fjkdkdkjfkdkdkfjkdkdkdjdjdndnbdbdjdjdkdkdmmdnmdndb nfbfbfbfbbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbbfbfbfbfbfbfvfbfbfbvfbfb fbfvfbfvfhbvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbbfbfvfbfvfbvfbfbfbfv fbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbfvbfvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbf vbfvbfvbfvbfvfvbfvvfbfvfvfvfvvfvfvfvfvfbvvfbfvbfbv fvfvfvfvfvfvfvhbvggvgvgvgvggvgvgvgvgvggvggvgvgvgvg vgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvgvgvgvggvgvgvggvgvgvggvvgggvgg vgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvggvgvggvgvgggvgvgvggvgvgggvgvg vggvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvggtvgvgvgggvtvgvggggvtvvt vttvtvtvtvyvtvtvtvyyvvytvtvyvytvtvyvyvtvtvyyvtvtvy vyvtvtvtvtvtvtvyvyvtvtvyvyvtvtyvyvtvtvyvyvtvtvyyvt tvyyvtvtyvy

I don't think you can get more off-topic than that :D

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 10:36
sorry everyone for being off topic i know this was an emu of n64 for psp, by the the way i did lose but i expect that challenge soon again shadowprophet hopefully tomorrow and ill win,last time ill be off topic,later guys

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 10:40
hehe funny Coole14 i was off topic but not anymore though okay,by the way zelda works really well in this emu though the ir shell hardly made a difference still glitchy,mario though is near perfect if it were faster and had sound it would be the first playable rom for this emu!!! i am grateful for this emu anyways and hope for another update soon,peace

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 10:42
Hi everyone check out my new thread to recommend N64 games to try with new emu's for the psp.. Also to talk about them and other stuff that is along the lines of N64 emulation on the psp. Hopefully this will let people to disscuss things on that topic without bothering psmonkey or Stremnenm-(or what ever his name is its hard to spell lol)

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 17:06
"daadssdasaasdsasdsdamsad;kj;jkf;lk;lk;lfk;lk;lkf;f f;lk;flk;flk;flk;flk;lfkf;;flk;flk;flkf;lkf;lkf;fk f;lfk;flk;flkf;lkf;lkfhghfgdgsrwewgdhdikloakjlllaa llkjlakjlakjdjhjfb;;;llalalalalkjlkjlakakjaajalkja lkjallakjajajalkjalkajjajjajajjajajjajajajajajajja jajjajajjajajajajajajjajajjasjajajajjajajjajajajaj ajajjajahjjajajjaajajajajajajajajajajajajhajahajah shshshshshshshajahajahajsshshshshasjahajahajajshsh shshsjahsjshshshajajajajiddjdjfkfdjfkjdjdjfklkdkdk fjkdkdkjfkdkdkfjkdkdkdjdjdndnbdbdjdjdkdkdmmdnmdndb nfbfbfbfbbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbbfbfbfbfbfbfvfbfbfbvfbfb fbfvfbfvfhbvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbbfbfvfbfvfbvfbfbfbfv fbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbfvbfvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbfbfbfvfbf vbfvbfvbfvbfvfvbfvvfbfvfvfvfvvfvfvfvfvfbvvfbfvbfbv fvfvfvfvfvfvfvhbvggvgvgvgvggvgvgvgvgvggvggvgvgvgvg vgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvgvgvgvggvgvgvggvgvgvggvvgggvgg vgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvggvgvggvgvgggvgvgvggvgvgggvgvg vggvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvgvggvggtvgvgvgggvtvgvggggvtvvt vttvtvtvtvyvtvtvtvyyvvytvtvyvytvtvyvyvtvtvyyvtvtvy vyvtvtvtvtvtvtvyvyvtvtvyvyvtvtyvyvtvtvyvyvtvtvyyvt tvyyvtvtyvy

I don't think you can get more off-topic than that :D
:p ok, now everybody is going off topic, lol. from ninendo 64 to nintendo DS, im also a DS user :D , metroid is my favorite. ;)
:eek: IMAGINE IS THERE A GAMECUBE EMULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 17:13
I'm a DS and PSP fanboy where do I go?
go to the PSPDS section! XD

bouboulou
May 7th, 2006, 17:39
thx for this one

emuking
May 7th, 2006, 23:53
sorry i just love psp homebrew and ds gaming,peace

flippkidd69
May 8th, 2006, 00:13
StrmnNrmnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!! :eek: :D wats the update? any progress with code and stuff? ? im sorry i just cant wait for u to say sumthing... anything.. n64 update is like food and im starvin ..wat have u accomplished so far ? if u dont mind me askin ? better fps... better textures ? identified more issues perhaps ? im exited :p

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 00:26
Well here you go...
hope they work!

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 00:44
I though you where actuelly trying to upload roms man, I was regreting it, But i was about to have to pm you and bring the rules down lol,
Thank God your smarter than that sroon ;)

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 01:01
No Shadow i would never do such a thing.
anyways those are vids of me playing zelda64 on psp!
Enjoy
(.)(.)

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 01:57
But there was some sort of problem, And I couldnt send, I think your inbox is full :D

So here is the pm I sent, And anyone else that wants my animal crossing friend code may have it aswell, -_-_-_-_-*

Kewlies Ive registered you in Mario kart, And animal crossing :D

Btw if you need my animal crossing friend code
Its

Peace out bro , hope to run into ya somtime :p

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 02:18
did you get my pm? Shadow

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 02:20
Shadow whats you ac friend name? i cant add you without you name?

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 02:29
Cause when it asked for a name on mine i just named you Sroon :P i figured that would work
at any rate my ac name is shadow aswell bro :p

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 02:30
Whats your town?

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 02:58
Im really sorry ive caused so much chaos in your thread Bro :(

But I have every intention of fixing it right now ;)

This is a thread dedicated to daedalus, And im most guilty of being the most off topic.
So I cant complain to you guys about it :(

But we really should have more respect for kaiser then this.
please please please everyone try to stay on topic if not for kaiser, then for me :o
I respect Kaiser and dont want him pissed at me.

On the lighter side of the news, ive opend this thread, Dedicated to anyone who needs any friend codes or information to any wifi ds games i may have, It is here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115122#post115122

i look foward to any and all challanges Peace shadowprophet,

Peace out Guys.

Ps, Sroon , the name of my animal crossing town is Utopia btw :p

* I refuse to be off topic any more in this thread, out of respect for kaiser,
But I do look foward to all challenges , Peace

crazyjohn
May 8th, 2006, 08:28
iT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME

frmariam
May 8th, 2006, 17:24
Daedalus is coming along nice :) The colors in Mario64 seem now correct and only some text is missing in some windows.

Pitty I only get about 5 minutes of gameplay before my 2.0 crashes...

The rom is good but this has happened with every version until now... Really hope this is fixed by the next release.

Sharkey
May 8th, 2006, 18:27
I have been keepin a close eye on both this thread, the first one and the compatible list but I haven't downloaded it yet.
I will when I see one off the games I like that will run, I could care less about friggin Mario.
When I see Doom, Quake2, Turok 2, or Goldeneye running smoothly I'm in.

It seems like this is reallyhappenening though, we may get a great N64 emu for our psps very soon at this rate.
Congrats on gettig this far, keep up the great work.

felonyr301
May 8th, 2006, 19:29
damn this is like crack cant wait any more for another goody update man im gonna donate as soon as im done paying for all the senior crap this month man my wallet is going to be empty thanks to 2 proms this sucks

acn010
May 8th, 2006, 22:25
addictive, isn't it................

crazyjohn
May 8th, 2006, 23:18
hehe yeah. Mine also crashes after 5 minuites on 2.0. Methinks it's downgrade time.

acn010
May 9th, 2006, 06:17
mine also, probably i'll do the same thing as you guys..........
it's downgrading time!!!!!!!! (peanut butter jelly time song is playing as background)
XD

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 06:36
With the daxz loader and the links 2 web browser. The 1.5 can do anything 2.0+ can do, And it can do it with style:p
Being able to listen to psp radio while you browse the net is the bomb too :p

The only small gripe I have now isnt even firmware related, It seems pimpstreamer (one of the programs I was dieing to try) doesnt work with windows xp systems, at the moment anyway:o

SO yeah over all if you have a 2.0 system and havnt downgraded yet, your only waisting your psp's ful potential;)

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 06:40
With the daxz loader and the links 2 web browser. The 1.5 can do anything 2.0+ can do, And it can do it with style:p
Being able to listen to psp radio while you browse the net is the bomb too :p

The only small gripe I have now isnt even firmware related, It seems pimpstreamer (one of the programs I was dieing to try) doesnt work with windows xp systems, at the moment anyway:o

SO yeah over all if you have a 2.0 system and havnt downgraded yet, your only waisting your psp's ful potential;)
I hated using the links2 browser with psp radio because it only had 8mb of ram to work with, the stand-alone one is some much more stable because it has the full 24mb to work with.

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 06:45
Ive got the stand alone version too. But I just have to have my music :p

Link190
May 9th, 2006, 07:23
StrmnNrmn great job with updating Daedalus im finally able to see my fav n64 game(Zelda Ocarina of time) on a psp and actually able to play it ...i cant wait for you to add sound support and to make the game go faster...its great wat your doing for gamers who appreciate what you do....good luck with finish the project soon and i cant wait to see ur next updates.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:50
WE THE PEOPLE ASKED AND WE THE PEOPLE RECEIVE...LOL

try f-zero x IT RUNS AT OVER 20 FPS AND IS VERY PLAYABLE MORE THAN MARIO IN SOME WAYS

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 21:45
i personaly would like to see a donate button to StrmnNrmn for his work for the PSP

StrmnNrmn
May 9th, 2006, 21:50
StrmnNrmnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!! :eek: :D wats the update? any progress with code and stuff? ? im sorry i just cant wait for u to say sumthing... anything.. n64 update is like food and im starvin ..wat have u accomplished so far ? if u dont mind me askin ? better fps... better textures ? identified more issues perhaps ? im exited :p

Ok, brief update time! I've been working on rewriting the dynamic recompiler from scratch for the PSP. A few months ago I started writing a PSP port of the original dynarec, but I quickly realised that I'd need to take a whole new approach if I wanted it to fit in memory on the PSP. If you've not heard of dynarec before it's basically a way of speeding up the emulator by recompiling the rom's code for the target platform (i.e. the PSP) rather than interpreting instructions one by one.

I'm basically using the same approach that HP used on their Dynamo dynamic optimiser (I talk about it a bit more here: http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/). The cool thing about this approach compared to my original attempt is that it uses far less memory - I think I will be able to get it running in less than 1MB ram, compared to around 10MB that the PC version used.

I've still got a lot of work to do before the dynarec is actually usable, but I'm hoping to release another build sometime over the weekend with a bunch of additional graphics fixes. In the mean time I'll try to post a few more progress updates on the site above.

Shilo
May 9th, 2006, 21:54
:D Thanks for the update Strmn Nrmn!!!!!!!!!

Harshboy
May 9th, 2006, 22:07
Sweet :D , i can't wait! Also, how do you change the image in Daedalus? I know its the .RAW file, but how do i use custom pics? Thanks :)

stotheamuel
May 9th, 2006, 22:15
awesome news

rundevil
May 9th, 2006, 23:27
:confused: do z76 files work. I have only seen them once but i have it.

kyle2194
May 10th, 2006, 00:31
Sweet :D , i can't wait! Also, how do you change the image in Daedalus? I know its the .RAW file, but how do i use custom pics? Thanks :)
Its a 480x272 raw image, 16 bits, 2 channels, inteleaved, and the byte order is Ibm pc! Sadly, that also means its grayscale. :(

xtearsofbloodx
May 10th, 2006, 04:01
hey is there any possible way other than emulator to play ocarina of time on the psp? I know a kid who knows a kid that has it on his psp, with good framerates. But idk if that is possible. The kid isnt smart enough to create a homebrew himself. Is there any way anyone here can think of that is possible for him to be playing it?

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 04:05
I think thats just a roumor.

The possibility of somone haveing somthing better then what the rest of the homebrew community has is possible, if he a beta tester for somone, or some sort of gifted child that knows codeing inside and out, so its not impossible. but its doubtfull anyway:(

Inu268
May 10th, 2006, 04:08
hey is there any possible way other than emulator to play ocarina of time on the psp? I know a kid who knows a kid that has it on his psp, with good framerates.
nah you dont

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2006, 04:09
I know a kid who knows a kid? Thats classic.

EDIT: Wouldnt that also be illegal?

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 04:15
That somwhere somone made a port.
If that where done its likely to run at full speed ;)

But I still doubt that too,
However if a port where made, you probibly wouldnt find it on quality homebrew sites like dcemu. cause it would be warez of the highest calibur :cool:

vettacossx
May 10th, 2006, 05:53
cant wait for the weekend!

LiNKZiE
May 10th, 2006, 10:19
great news!

omadeli
May 10th, 2006, 10:27
hey when it does come out please make it work via the gta eloader and make sure it has no bugs please!

flippkidd69
May 10th, 2006, 12:41
teeeeeeeeeeehnx :D

flippkidd69
May 10th, 2006, 12:47
omafeli... WOW... i guess u think this works the same way as ordering a sandwitch ?
let the man work please.. :mad:

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 12:55
Can I get fries with that :rolleyes: lol

D Maurice
May 10th, 2006, 14:19
StrmnNrmn, will killer instinct gold work on r5?

LHorse007
May 10th, 2006, 14:37
This is for Shilo:

http://www.bbns-va.com/inetkit/setup/zzzzzzz.jpg

Picture of Jap PSP 1.50 running Daedalus R4 with Paper Mario

sroon
May 10th, 2006, 17:28
Good job on the speed in R4!!

felonyr301
May 10th, 2006, 20:27
yo newbies dont say make this work with your firmware and then say with no bugs at ALL dont say that you sound like you demanding him hes not getting paid to do it so stop demanding he will do whats best first..

crazyjohn
May 11th, 2006, 00:18
I can vouch for the fact that this emu does run a bit faster under 1.5 as I just redowngraded to try it out. 1.5 gets ~4-6 under mario. 2.0 is ~6-8. Woohoo.

felonyr301
May 11th, 2006, 04:30
you making it seem like 2.0 runs faster i think you meant the other way around

Flyingcow
May 11th, 2006, 04:45
yeah, this is definetely worth downgrading for.

shadowprophet
May 11th, 2006, 04:56
Yuppers indeed and so some of us already have.
And the great thing is. yeah this emu alone is worth the downgrade :p

felonyr301
May 11th, 2006, 05:55
like i always said 1.5 im staying for good (unless they cracked the biggest firmware like 3.0 or something and allows the same crap like 1.5 then yea im stuck at 1.5)

kevho
May 11th, 2006, 21:53
nice work keep it up,keep it up,keep it up,keep it up,keep it up,keep it up!!!!!

sroon
May 12th, 2006, 00:36
So Starm...
is there any news on proformance?
Thanks.

dazman
May 13th, 2006, 07:48
I see further back you said maybe R5 this weekend, Is this possible

StrmnNrmn
May 13th, 2006, 13:28
So Starm...
is there any news on proformance?
Thanks.

The dynarec development is going well, but it's too early to know how long it's going to take, or what kind of speedup to expect. I don't tend to be very good at posting updates on forums, but I'll try to keep posting news on my blog.

I see further back you said maybe R5 this weekend, Is this possible

I'm not sure - I'll see how much I get done today. It's too early to release the current dyanrec work, but I have some graphics fixes that might be worth making available. I'm conscious of striking the right balance between releasing often with small changes, and releasing less frequently with big improvements.

crossfadeking
May 13th, 2006, 13:35
i hate the waiting.
im not trying to say that in a rude way and not by any means to say that your taking too long.

i just love to turn on the computer and find new releases out.

good luck and hope to see a new release soon.
by the way i think the work you have done so far is amazing.

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 13:42
The dynarec development is going well, but it's too early to know how long it's going to take, or what kind of speedup to expect. I don't tend to be very good at posting updates on forums, but I'll try to keep posting news on my blog.

I'm not sure - I'll see how much I get done today. It's too early to release the current dyanrec work, but I have some graphics fixes that might be worth making available. I'm conscious of striking the right balance between releasing often with small changes, and releasing less frequently with big improvements.

But I still say take the time you need,
Theres no way to please everyone its just too many people,
even if you released a build now you would have a small portion of people gripeing about there not being enough improvments anyway.
, So I say just do what you think is best, and take your time.

Thats what I would do if I was in your shoes anyway.

felonyr301
May 13th, 2006, 19:31
yea take your time man and keep up the great work

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 19:34
I say finish the dynarec before you release a new build.

Shilo
May 13th, 2006, 19:38
Ya, take your time :D We all can wait patiently! (I think)

sroon
May 14th, 2006, 01:50
OK i was trying out Pokemon Snap and there was an error of some Cop1 2 thingy, could someone please enlight me and notify me if it will be fixed.
Thanks.
BTW good job SrmnMn..

mastersho
May 14th, 2006, 06:28
Yo! Sho Here! See your work i feel that your or PSPMonkey should make a Sega CD Emulator or port Little Fighter 2 to the psp. You rock and I hope I can one day live up to your skills.

flippkidd69
May 14th, 2006, 18:46
wasap strmmm.. are we gonna see r5 before the end of the weekend ? cuz i read the blog and it didnt seem like a definate yes

felonyr301
May 14th, 2006, 22:48
dont push it man first see n64 up and running good then start hoping for sega cd but in my opinion its not that big of a deal comapred to n64 so dont push it lol

Video_freak
May 14th, 2006, 22:58
this emu rocks. can't wait for r5. lol

gimpyjr
May 15th, 2006, 05:10
Man I think that you and monkey are doing a great job. Once the recompiler is done this emu will be the best on the PSP. I wish that I could help somehow but I don't code.

Good luck

can't wait till R5

charltonheston
May 15th, 2006, 21:09
I think both emulators are coming on well and to be honest I don't think either is going to be the better of the two, because of the different approach being taken for each build they may end up supporting games differently. So one emulator may be great with some games that the other isn't as good with(I think we are already seeing some examples even at these early stages). If this does end up being the case would it be possible to have a centralised rom folder so as to negate the requirement of duplicate roms?

It was a shame that R5 wasn't released this weekend as I logged onto the site more times than normal in anticipation - but StrmnNrmn you and PSPMonkey both need to do what you feel necessary and we'll all be as patient as we can. I think I can speak for us all that we're already totally grateful for what you've done. Cheers lads !!

xtearsofbloodx
May 16th, 2006, 01:17
do you think that it is possible that sometime in the near future we will have a fully functional n64 emulator for the psp? Keep up the good work StrmnNrmn i check the site every day for r5

joelacrass
May 16th, 2006, 01:22
Asome !!!!

gimpyjr
May 16th, 2006, 06:10
do you think that it is possible that sometime in the near future we will have a fully functional n64 emulator for the psp? Keep up the good work StrmnNrmn i check the site every day for r5

Yeah it's possible! actually given the fact that deadlous is a Port and is already running this fast I say that with the recompiler implimented it won't be long before many games are fully playable.

I mean just look at mario 64 the textures almost display perfectly

great work strmnNrmn

mameuser
May 16th, 2006, 06:58
It's going well thanks - I've started to make some significant progress. I'll try and post a full update later on today or tomorrow sometime :)

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=13094505&postID=114751248587603239

weirdelf
May 16th, 2006, 15:29
Can somebody tell me how to put daedalus on my psp

tsurumaru
May 16th, 2006, 16:31
Can somebody tell me how to put daedalus on my psp

This depends on a number of factors including what version of firmware you are running (and therefore whether you will need to use an Eloader). Ultimately though you will need to extract the Daedalus files to your PSP so you will need a programme like Winzip and a USB cable to connect your PSP to your PC.

Check the Homebrew and Emulator guides on this very forum, a good place to start is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867

weirdelf
May 16th, 2006, 17:09
thanks

kersplatty
May 16th, 2006, 17:37
from his ite it appears there may be an update soon, wooooo:D

weirdelf
May 16th, 2006, 18:50
can i play all homebrew on a v1.5 psp?

kersplatty
May 16th, 2006, 18:56
yup u sure can
:D

Gizmo356
May 16th, 2006, 20:43
omg

sroon
May 16th, 2006, 21:32
The next relese prolly will go alt faster!!
YAY!
Great work!

omadeli
May 17th, 2006, 10:57
great job daelus for your n64 emulator on psp im waiting for you to perfect it but good luck

omadeli
May 17th, 2006, 11:02
hey are you sure you can emulate a console nearly as powerfull as psp on psp? i mean n64 and psp they dont have a BIG graphical gap so it it possible to emulate it on psp and if it is possible good luck to everyone trying! its the console besides ps1 i want to play on my psp! so good luck everyone

the one and only
May 17th, 2006, 13:36
what the helll is wrong with you man psp on psp?

mr_nick666
May 17th, 2006, 13:51
I know what he means! PS1 games that arent out on the PSP! - Crash Team Racing (the original and best) and Soul Reaver are up there for me! :D

sroon
May 18th, 2006, 15:54
There should be an update soon right Strmnn?

LAMPRO
May 18th, 2006, 19:01
Daedalus has been a great experiment- i loaded the mariokart 64 and it played quite nicely - very slow tho, no sound, but all the screens look real clean, got half way around the track and it froze on me-0 but i have faith- strmn will advance this!! yall are the best!! ive been waiting for this for so long, im just dyin to see the R5- or R6 versions that will be framefast, audioblast, mk64 and goldeneye! then i will have everything!!

thanks for all the hard work!!

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 20:35
nice

metaldrmmer666
May 18th, 2006, 22:12
strmnnrmn where are you haven't heard anything from you or psmonkey. Do you have a status Update

tsurumaru
May 18th, 2006, 23:25
Just remember everytime they are readfing posts like this and taking the time to respond they are not working on the next release! ;)

Patience my young Padawan, when they've got news they'll post (or one of our mad newshounds will!)

the one and only
May 19th, 2006, 00:03
hmm im still confuzzled tho :S ah well
good point tsurumaru

pkmaximum
May 19th, 2006, 02:53
Hmmm... I wouldn't mind hearing an update too on how his rebuilding the dynamic recomplier progress is going. I'm really looking foward to a speed boost on this emulator. That way we can get games like Mario64 to play at a decent frame rate. Now the only thing I'm wondering as far as this emulator goes is how long are we going to have to wait for sound? (With out having it as choppy as hell).

metaldrmmer666
May 19th, 2006, 06:04
tsurumaru it's not a matter of taking up their time since this is supposed to be about the emulators not just the dumb s*** and rambling that has been going on since promising news of 64 emu's working. Honestly i'm more concerned with the project(s) and not at all with what someone is going to have for dinner.

tsurumaru
May 19th, 2006, 18:26
tsurumaru it's not a matter of taking up their time since this is supposed to be about the emulators not just the dumb s*** and rambling that has been going on since promising news of 64 emu's working. Honestly i'm more concerned with the project(s) and not at all with what someone is going to have for dinner.

Well if you did read Stormin Normans (sorry) earlier posts he did say that he was not very good at posting on forums and that we should keep an eye on his blog.
http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

If you think about the sheer number of people who are asking the same question as you on everyone of the major PSP forums, its like a continuous barrage of people wanting to know what progress you have made. It even gets to the stage where we get people asking when the next release will be out a day after the previous (and I'm not saying you are one of these).

The point I'm trying to make is that most Dev's are working on their projects outside of their normal jobs and in their spare time, that time is not unlimited , they have to eat and sleep (although sometimes I wonder... :p ) checking forums and posting can be quite time intensive so I'd rather have someone use their spare time to code and only report in when they have significant news rather than using their time to post and interupting the flow of their work on the project.

acn010
May 20th, 2006, 14:42
oh poopy

sroon
May 20th, 2006, 17:48
Well if you did read Stormin Normans (sorry) earlier posts he did say that he was not very good at posting on forums and that we should keep an eye on his blog.
http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

If you think about the sheer number of people who are asking the same question as you on everyone of the major PSP forums, its like a continuous barrage of people wanting to know what progress you have made. It even gets to the stage where we get people asking when the next release will be out a day after the previous (and I'm not saying you are one of these).

The point I'm trying to make is that most Dev's are working on their projects outside of their normal jobs and in their spare time, that time is not unlimited , they have to eat and sleep (although sometimes I wonder... :p ) checking forums and posting can be quite time intensive so I'd rather have someone use their spare time to code and only report in when they have significant news rather than using their time to post and interupting the flow of their work on the project.
Id agree with you, you have a very good point there, people do use there own time of there life to make sombody elses lives a little bit more fun.

pkmaximum
May 20th, 2006, 20:17
Still no updates *sigh* :(

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2006, 20:30
I mean so what if we wait months or wotnot.
I mean seriously who wants an emu thats just going to tease us even furtuer, with an amazing 12 to 15 fps wow:confused:
I hope he takes his time then the next release runs at or over 50% speed :p its possible :D

pkmaximum
May 20th, 2006, 21:09
When your right your right.... I do want a good stable release its just I like to hear WIP updates on how the progress is going every once in a while thats all. Like PACMAN FAN could have a PSX emu. running nearly 30fps but we don't know anything because he did not give us any WIP's. This is why I like to keep informed because many projects die without us hearing anything fromt he coder. Just like PSPGBA also. I just hope strmmmn plans to keep working on his emulator and finish it like a good coder would. I do have faith in him though. :)

sroon
May 20th, 2006, 21:12
Hey shadow im trying to sebd you a PM but your full.

anyways we can wayt cant we because there are some lua stuff that can ocupy us untill this comes out.
your doing great Strm!

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2006, 22:02
Hey shadow im trying to sebd you a PM but your full.

anyways we can wayt cant we because there are some lua stuff that can ocupy us untill this comes out.
your doing great Strm!
I didnt know I was full:o

Seems like my pms fill up ever couple days. Wish I had more space for them:cool:

xtearsofbloodx
May 21st, 2006, 02:03
i just cant wait until there is a playable n64 emulator for the psp. But for now i have snes9x to hold me over for n64...lol

dazman
May 22nd, 2006, 06:17
Just read the update on the front page of the main site, Looking forward to seing the next update.

Best of of luck with the work.

vettacossx
May 24th, 2006, 23:03
wondering whats going on with this emu check out STRNM's BLOG HERE http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/ ;)

theres an update coming soon..:) i feel it....its intuition...besides...the anxioty is killin vetta!! lol WE WANT SOME R5 please ;) ill be good i promise!! lol

omadeli
May 26th, 2006, 16:16
im happy someone is making a n64 emulator 4 psp imagine the games you could play! super mario 64,mario kart,star fox,GOLDENEYE,resident evil 2 ahhh! just too many to think of! i would like a ps1 emulator to be honest but most of ps1 games are on n64 so oh well!

p.s im sure psp doesnt have that many buttons for n64! and if anyone were to create a ps1 emulator (including sony) how could you use L2 and R2!please someone tell me

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 16:42
im happy someone is making a n64 emulator 4 psp imagine the games you could play! super mario 64,mario kart,star fox,GOLDENEYE,resident evil 2 ahhh! just too many to think of! i would like a ps1 emulator to be honest but most of ps1 games are on n64 so oh well!

p.s im sure psp doesnt have that many buttons for n64! and if anyone were to create a ps1 emulator (including sony) how could you use L2 and R2!please someone tell me
It just wont be possible.
The controll sceme will be really messed up.
There will most certanly have to be a controller map setup for holding down two buttons to represent one like those old three button genesis controllers for six button games, like games did in that era, to have full controll of certain games :(

McGiggles
May 27th, 2006, 16:03

Really though it depends on what game you are playing. Not all the games used every single button, for Super Smash Bros all you really need is Z, A, B, L or R and the Dpad.

Gene
May 29th, 2006, 21:55
Really though it depends on what game you are playing. Not all the games used every single button, for Super Smash Bros all you really need is Z, A, B, L or R and the Dpad.

there will probably be a button sceme you can pick and change in later versions so you can customise the button settings to get the best settings for each individual game. also i was thinking that maybe in much later releases that we could make and save our own custom settings for each game. FOR EXAMPLE:

you want to play MARIO 64

so you set the button configuration to fit the game's specifications then name it "MARIO 64 button config" or watever

and do that for every game and you end up having like 10-15 different button config settings

thats basically my idea i think it could work but it might get a bit tedius at times. but this way it could help with gameplay in lets say Goldeneye or Banjo

wow this is hard to read:D

McGiggles
May 31st, 2006, 15:05
wow this is hard to read:D

Offtopic: Try holding down on Ctrl and scrolling using the scroll wheel on your mouse to increase the text size.

weirdelf
May 31st, 2006, 18:36
does all homebrew work on a v1.5 from the UK?

lale05
May 31st, 2006, 19:16
Hello.
So, what is the situation now? Unfortunatly I dont have the ability to view all the previous posts. How soon R5 will appear? how much fps will be? Please answer someone.

P.S. Sorry for my english, i was playing N64 while the others were studying.

Cooe14
May 31st, 2006, 19:20
Hello.
So, what is the situation now? Unfortunatly I dont have the ability to view all the previous posts. How soon R5 will appear? how much fps will be? Please answer someone.

P.S. Sorry for my english, i was playing N64 while the others were studying.
Nobody knows.

weirdelf
May 31st, 2006, 20:43
I downloaded daealus r4, but when I select a rom, loads of complicated information comes up and the psp turns off. Can someone help?

kill3er77
June 7th, 2006, 21:12
does this version work on the latest psp upgrade ( v 2.71) ?

Briggzy11
June 7th, 2006, 21:14
does this version work on the latest psp upgrade ( v 2.71) ?

Nope only 1.0 to 2.6 I think but it works on my 2.6 so its all good. Looking forward to R5 now, apparantly its out this week :D

villevalo
June 9th, 2006, 10:10
wher can we get psp n64 roms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACID
June 9th, 2006, 12:03
wher can we get psp n64 roms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read the forum rules dont ask where to get roms. Just google for Nintendo 64 roms you will get a big selection:cool:

tsurumaru
June 9th, 2006, 12:07

Don't ask that question on these forums please.

Seriously, if you can't work out how to find them (hint internet search engine) then you shouldn't be trying to use an emulator.

Edit: LOL beat me to it.

Panini
June 9th, 2006, 12:22
Hopefuly not long to go now today till R5! :)

sroon
June 9th, 2006, 13:35
Don't ask that question on these forums please.

Seriously, if you can't work out how to find them (hint internet search engine) then you shouldn't be trying to use an emulator.

Edit: LOL beat me to it.
BURN!!! lol
any way I hope the emu will be out befor my cousins wedding today cuz They are really boring!
go go Strmnermn You mighty emulator makeing strmnnrmn! (poweranger song)

charltonheston
June 10th, 2006, 11:59
If you check the comments on strmnnrmn's blog site PSdonkey has compiled the current "pre" R5 source code and allegedly added "improvements". You can download it at .........

http://rapidshare.de/files/22670495/Daedalus_150_Pre_R5.rar

I'm gonna try it now but Strmnnrmn (hopefully) shouldn't be too far off releasing the true R5 version

charltonheston
June 10th, 2006, 12:21
Well it is faster and PSdonkeys new icon, background and tune isn't bad either. Super Mario really isn't too far off being perfect, Super Mario Kart rips along faster (although it crashed when I used a turbo mushroom) and I'm now just in the process of trying Legend of Zelda.

StrmnNrmn you're a legend !! Thanks for all your hard work !! :)

mavsman4457
June 10th, 2006, 19:36
it is tempting to download that pre release but i will wait till the official release is out to download.

pkmaximum
June 10th, 2006, 19:44
Alright I know you don't want me to mention his name around here but on www.psp-hacks.com/forums in the general secion he has released a pre version R5 of Daedulus I have personally tested it out and it does run much better than R4 especially Mario64 so I think its in everyones best interest to test this emulator out. Unfort. the only downside is the PSdonkey is the one hosting this emulator, he said he compiled the code. So give it a try. And also for shits and giggles he included his little intro that he used in his videos. Enjoy everyone. :) If you need me to enter an attatchement I will be more than happy too.

Edit: I changed my mind that way you guys don't have to go over across seas to new forums and I will just host the emulator from here. Post it on the front page wraggster :)

Shiesty
June 10th, 2006, 23:57
there is no ingame menu is there?

mavsman4457
June 11th, 2006, 00:02
this will be incredible once it is playable and has the features of some other emulators out there, notably snes9xtyl.

Lodis
June 11th, 2006, 00:15
I just tested this pre-release with Mario and already I notice a much faster intro, much improved textures and slight speed increase in general. This is pretty amasing especially considering all of those people saying it wouldn't be possible period. I feel very lucky to own a Psp, it has more potential than I ever imagined!!

SweetFA
June 11th, 2006, 00:59
It'll be a good day if Goldeneye works on the PSP.

mavsman4457
June 11th, 2006, 01:05
It is great to see this emulator flourishing and I can't wait to see its full potential but it is also angering when you take into account that a PS1 emulator was begun about a year ago and there hasn't been any news for a long time. Good luck Daedalus and I sure hope PacManFan gets some news up soon.