PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3's 3.0 Firmware Upgrade Is Now Live

wraggster
September 1st, 2009, 12:55
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/08/500x_xmbnewnew_01.jpg

The PS3's newest firmware upgrade, 3.0, is now officially going out to all the consoles in the land.

Go to "System Update" in the XMB to get the update, which replaces the Information Board with an icon-based system called "What's New," plus premium themes, trophy displays, and a status indicator at the top that shows things like number of friends online and messages. Check it out and let us know of anything else you find hidden in the update.

http://gizmodo.com/5349913/playstation-3s-30-firmware-upgrade-is-now-live

Triv1um
September 1st, 2009, 13:18
Yeah, it looks very slick.

The whats new board looks nice, and the TV section in the media bar had the BBC iPlayer in it. ;)

Stew2000
September 1st, 2009, 14:38
It looks really good now. Especially with the BBC iPlayer.
So now how do we make our own animated themes... :D

KFR42
September 1st, 2009, 18:52
Do you only get the tv section in the media bar if you've got that bit of hardware that turns the PS3 into a HDD recorder? I don't have that and I don't see an iPlayer icon anywhere on the new x-bar. Does it just open the web browser to the iPlayer site?

Other than that it all looks very swish.

Stew2000
September 1st, 2009, 18:54
There seems to be a few problems that BBC iPlayer part.
Works for me. although I do have PlayTV so it kinda opened it up before hand.

Triv1um
September 1st, 2009, 22:51
Do you only get the tv section in the media bar if you've got that bit of hardware that turns the PS3 into a HDD recorder? I don't have that and I don't see an iPlayer icon anywhere on the new x-bar. Does it just open the web browser to the iPlayer site?

Other than that it all looks very swish.

No, I do not own PlayTV and I have the iPlayer in the new TV section.

While this is very very nice, is it enough for a rounded version 3.00?

MasterMunt
September 2nd, 2009, 11:37
Fonts are now bigger and clearer, and you can now run sound through optical as well as hdmi! Very very good, well pleased with the new system

ElRazur
September 2nd, 2009, 13:12
I'm pretty sure there isnt any BBC Iplayer interface. However, BBC iplayer supports the ps3 as it can be viewed on it via the browser and in full screen.

I think this is somewhere on the BBC iplayer site.

Triv1um
September 2nd, 2009, 14:05
I'm pretty sure there isnt any BBC Iplayer interface. However, BBC iplayer supports the ps3 as it can be viewed on it via the browser and in full screen.

I think this is somewhere on the BBC iplayer site.

Yes, it links you to a PS3 friendly BBC iPlayer through the web browser.

I hope they release a software version of the iPlayer for it.

Still kind of nice to have it in the XMB.