PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a DSi

Triv1um
September 1st, 2009, 13:28
But with it I want a R4i for some homebrew. (;))

From the small amount of stuff I've read, if the DS is over a certain version flash carts don't work.

If I just went out and brought a DSi, is it possible to get a DSi updated this far yet?

DanTheManMS
September 2nd, 2009, 09:45
Stay away from the R4 and anything with those two letters in the name. The latest DSi upgrade is 1.4, and it did indeed block all flash carts at the time. Some have since been updated to fix the issue, but many of the R4 clones will require brand new hardware to fix. Stick with something with an upgradeable firmware, like the Acekard 2i, M3i Zero, Supercard DSi, or EZ-Vi. All four of those work on the latest DSi firmware version.

Triv1um
September 2nd, 2009, 13:04
Stay away from the R4 and anything with those two letters in the name. The latest DSi upgrade is 1.4, and it did indeed block all flash carts at the time. Some have since been updated to fix the issue, but many of the R4 clones will require brand new hardware to fix. Stick with something with an upgradeable firmware, like the Acekard 2i, M3i Zero, Supercard DSi, or EZ-Vi. All four of those work on the latest DSi firmware version.

Fantastic. Thanks for the help.