PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo now offering Wii Internet Channel for free

wraggster
September 1st, 2009, 14:34
Nintendo has dropped any fees for the Wii Internet Channel as of today, with the service free to all users.

Users who have previously paid the 500 Wii Points to download the channel will be offered a free NES game, to be launched in October.

The Wii Internet Channel was originally free when the console first went on sale, and became a paid-for download once the browser and service had been finalised following consumer feedback.

The channel users the Opera browser, a version of which is also used for internet access on the DS handheld.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nintendo-now-offering-wii-internet-channel-for-free

Jay6
September 1st, 2009, 14:39
They can really do that? I guess it's nice that they're giving the internet channel for free again

paul3100
September 1st, 2009, 15:43
be even nicer if they updated that peice of SH*T so that it worked better!

paul

djdynamite123
September 1st, 2009, 16:52

paulrofl, yeah, i mean over 2 years later an update? bad.

wisinx
September 6th, 2009, 23:21

paul

rofl, yeah, i mean over 2 years later an update? bad.

:rolleyes:ummmm..... If you guys dont know they did update the opera internet channel. Now it can play flash player 8 and a little of flash 9.. Now the browser has flash player 3.1 lite.

And next time dont talk without facts, and it was because of this tht they put the channel for free. And to compete with the ps3 browser.. Its all bussiness..

Now Im waiting to see my free nes game, because I paid for the channel.

HOpe we see in he future flash player 10, then the wii's browsing will be complete.:thumbup:

djdynamite123
September 7th, 2009, 00:15
but wifi is still pants.