PDA

View Full Version : Sega News

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Its not often i'd post news like this, but the rumour mills are running, with the "Explosive announcemnt" from Sega at this years E3......[br][br]Sega has invited all press visiting E3 to attend a special event as soon as the show doors open, where an "explosive announcement" will be made. Understandably, the press has jumped all over the opportunity, and now you can't even RSVP to get there.[br][br]The most obvious conclusion to what will be made public is Sega's return to the hardware market. The Dreamcast, Sega's last foray into the console wars, was unquestionably a success in terms of the quality of its games. However, the Dreamcast was by no means a success in sales, which led the company into becoming a third party developer. Without a doubt, there are many who would love to see Sega develop a new console. But with the market becoming as oversaturated as it is, it may not be the best time for Sega to trek back into hardware.[br][br]There is the possibility that the announcement will have nothing to do with an impending return to hardware. Even though, Sega has undoubtedly created quite the buzz leading into E3. But if it has nothing to do with hardware, then what could it be?[br][br]Source: RPGGamer (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2004/043004b.html).[br][br]Give your thoughts on this via our forums :)

[Modified 05/02/04 14:56:13 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

LyonHrt
May 2nd, 2004, 15:01
Well i myself would love to see Sega release a new console, its highly unlikely though :'( But with sammy releasing the Dreamcast based Atomiswave in the arcades (which has pretty much replaced mvs as snk's choice for its games), it does leave the question that will sega have the same option for home users that the snk aes system had?

Ok wishfull thinking, but give us your views ;)

curt_grymala
May 2nd, 2004, 16:02
There are two things that I think it might be:

1) Sega is planning on releasing a new handheld (that's probably more wishful thinking than practical thinking).

2) Sega has figured out how to push the limits of the PS2, XBox, and GameCube further than anyone else has before, and plans on releasing new software that will absolutely obliterate the current software.
I think this one is actually fairly possible. In fact, it may even be something as incredible as: Sega has figured out how to use live-action animation within video games, making sports games more realistic than ever before. Rather than having realistic-looking 3D characters, we will now be playing a series of digital video movies within the video games, so that the players will actually look exactly as they do in real-life.

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 16:14
A dreamcast handheld would be super neat :P

JMD
May 2nd, 2004, 17:04
Why not a virtua fighter with the PS2 Camera as controler ?

WHurricane16
May 2nd, 2004, 17:15
A more powerful console with compatibility with the Dreamcast would be cool.

WHurricane16
May 4th, 2004, 01:28
Just had a thought (i.e., this would be a cool rumor): Sega & Nintendo tag team to create a console.

wraggster
May 4th, 2004, 02:09
jesus that would be a strange one

quzar
May 4th, 2004, 03:35
I think the best idea for a console would be one that allowed you to attach modules to it that would allow for the play of older console games on it. Imagine if you could hook up a genesis module to the DC G2 bus and play all your fav gen games, or sms, or snes, or AES lol whatever!

Christuserloeser
May 5th, 2004, 23:10
...shenmue?

Christuserloeser
May 5th, 2004, 23:29
a bit off-topic but...

nice to know:

new Shining Force for GBA!

Check out these links a friend reported to me:
GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/shiningforce/preview_6090166.html)
ShiningWorld (http://shining-world.jp/)

LyonHrt
May 7th, 2004, 14:52
http://spong.com/x?art=6607 doesn't look to be a new console, they said its not as interesting as it seems.

Not a new console then.

Clessy
May 8th, 2004, 06:55
They're probably gonna accounance something stupid like they will start repruducing Sega Genesis controlers or something. I mean its Sega since when do they make good business desions?

Hilltopper
May 8th, 2004, 07:33
My guess would be that Sega is going to reopen SegaNET, but now for all consoles, which will allow cross console online multiplayer for all sega developed/published titles. This would also go hand in hand with the recent news that the PSO server is back.

Ian_micheal
May 8th, 2004, 08:21
Yeah it's some thing about online play.

WHurricane16
May 8th, 2004, 11:31
Hmm, the Sega NET idea could be it. Or probably some huge retro collection.

Hilltopper
May 8th, 2004, 15:42
I really do think it would be cross platform multiplayer. Xboxer's vs PS2ers vs Gamecuber's (If the Gamecube ever gets another multiplayer game after PSO). I think it would be pretty sweet to play pso, the 2k sports titles, and other multiplayer games against people from all conosles, not just my own, that way a true champion could be crowned in tournaments.
This idea almost seems like it would be too successful for sega to want to try it. ;D j/k