PDA

View Full Version : Mario Firemen Ds

wraggster
September 1st, 2009, 18:32
Coding newcomer Nick7777 (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=7817.0) has posted a new release for the Nintendo DS, heres his news:

As a newbie (that i am).. i posted my game in the wrong place.. so here is the right place to share it..

i wrote :

Hi there,
I hesitate a long time before posting my game but after all i guess it can be fun to share it even if it is not the best game ever seen.
The story is simple, the forest near Peach castle is in fire , Mario, Luigi , Peach and Toads are trying to stop it.
The game is in basic version and does not have levels yet, but you can custom game parameters in option menu.
The gameplay and keys:

In menu mode:
use Arrow or stylus to select categories and Start to validate your choise.
use left or right in option menu to switch values.

In Game mode:
Start : pause menu
L : switch fireman
B: Trigger/Untrigger water
up : fireman goes north
down: fireman goes south
left: fireman goes west
rigth : fireman goes east

Use stylus to navigate on the map.

To stop fire , place your fireman next to a flame and throw water on it until the flame desepear.
Be carefull if you stay on a tree that start to burn your fireman will be stuck in place and you would need another firemen to rescue him by throwing water on him.If you are not fast enough .. the fireman die.

You win if you manage to stop fire before all trees and castle are burnt.

You loose if all of your firemen are killed by flames.

I provide the translation of the menu items because i developped my game in french Roll Eyes .

"nouvelle partie" -> New Game

"Difficulté" -> Difficulty

"Pompier" -> fireman

"Retour menu" -> back to main menu

"Menu principal" -> main menu

"Retour au jeu" -> back to game

So i just say enjoy and thanks to PaLib.
Do not hesitate to comment even if you think it is a poor game...

I am improving the game by changing all gameplay and graphismes .So if you apreciate that one you will love the next release..

Have fun!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pirateninja
September 3rd, 2009, 14:02
It not really productive.The tree take a while to put out and as soon as you do the trees catch fire again. A few trees I couldn't put out. I like the game. putting mario as a fireman.
This game has alot of depth.
You could have the trees burn down, and plant new trees after you put out all the fires.