PDA

View Full Version : Time for Hackers to rip apart the PS3?

wraggster
September 2nd, 2009, 21:42
Sony has never been much of a friend to hackers, and its infamous rootkit showed what it thought of users. But by omitting the option to install GNU/Linux on its new PS3, it has removed the final reason for the open source world to care about Sony. Unless, of course, you find Google's new distribution alliance with Sony to pre-install Chrome on its PCs exciting in some way

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/09/02/1645213/Game-Over-For-Sony-and-Open-Source

royvedas
September 3rd, 2009, 07:01
Sony needs to be punished, so please hack it. I would prefer if we had access to ALL its power and not the cutdown Linux that Sony won't allow new users to get.

ElRazur
September 3rd, 2009, 10:27
Sony needs to be punished, so please hack it. I would prefer if we had access to ALL its power and not the cutdown Linux that Sony won't allow new users to get.

Please explain to me as to why you have such stance? If you really want to use Linux, there are cheapo PC that would get you up and running in no time.

As to why you want "ALL" the power of the Ps3 Puzzles me. Surely, you bought the machine [assuming you own one] to play games and do other media related stuff right?

If you are hell bent on having the linux, may I suggest you buy the Original Ps3, or better still, buy yourself a cheap PC.

As it stands, Sony would be one step ahead. But then, that do not stop people like you from having a wild imagination I guess.

ICE
September 3rd, 2009, 13:12
Everything I owned is hacked but my PS3. PSP, Wii, iPod etc etc. I dont need anything else I can play snes on and heavens knows im not going to download a PS3 game. There just too big! If you want something that can use the PS3's full power try Killzone 2 or some other commercial game.

Besides that hacking the PS3 could ruin the online just like it ruined the PSP's online. When everyone is cheating its just not fun to play. Leave the PS3 alone! I still like the PS3.. Maybe when im tired of it I'll change my mind lol.

Malksta
September 4th, 2009, 03:11
I dream for the day PS3 is hacked. Imagine, Shenmue on PS3.. ohhh..

NoQuarter
September 4th, 2009, 03:25
Linux was from the start hobbled on the PS3, I'd like to use the full power of my machine WITH LINUX and no I don't want to buy another PC. I'll play snes on my damn microwave if I please.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Business models need to change in this day and age...

Eviltaco64
September 4th, 2009, 06:05
I'd like to see the PS3 hacked to see what it could emulate, really.

A Linux distro with full access to the PS3's hardware would be very nice, as well.