PDA

View Full Version : MAME-PSP Progress Report

wraggster
May 6th, 2006, 14:22
MikeDX has posted this news at his site:

<blockquote>I thought I'd take 2 minutes from my lunchbreak to let you know what the progress is.

Last night I started recoding the internal engine of mame-psp along with the memory handling. Sadly this broke everything so I propose the following.

I'm going to make a release based on the 30 or so games that work "satisfactory" and then continue my work on the psp specific parts of the port. TMK has done a great job with MAME and I can only hope to improve things.

The 68000 core now compiles and runs correctly, and I successfully ran a neogeo title "League Bowling". Sadly it was less than 40% of the full speed, but it was playable. Maybe once the graphics/memory rewrite has taken place this could improve to 70 or 80% which would then become more realistic for a release title.

Watch this space. MAME-PSP with 30 near perfect games coming soon!</blockquote>

Check out his site here --> http://dxdev.dcemu.co.uk/

SmashinGit
May 6th, 2006, 17:41
Sounds great, thanks MikeDX

whitey75
May 7th, 2006, 04:46
Can't wait....ur da man!

mr_nick666
May 7th, 2006, 14:12
I cant wait for this either! :D
Wish I had your skills man! - Keep at it! ;)

benn
May 7th, 2006, 23:12
in your own time mate - not like we been waiting ages for you to actually release the thing ;)

gusgus
May 7th, 2006, 23:35
that's good stuff. I'll love to see it!

symm
May 8th, 2006, 03:42
Your on to something big.. Good luck bro.

aleborri
May 8th, 2006, 10:28
Really a MAME release would just make May one of the best emu months ever, the releases of Daedalus R4, Snes TYL 0.4, PSPCAP32 0.8 and now MAME, and we're only first week of May :D Any chance of CPS1 working at all?