PDA

View Full Version : Which DS Flashcarts Should be avoided ?

wraggster
May 6th, 2006, 19:23
Heres a question to all the DS Homebrew fans out there and one that will help newcomers to the DS scene.

Which Nintendo DS Flash Cart or carts for that matter should be avoided by fans and newcomers, post your views via the comments.

jojotjuh
May 6th, 2006, 20:19
F2A. software was last updated last ONE FRICKIN' YEAR AGO!
So, thats not my choice for NDS, however for gba its great.

Supercard is more my choise.

but, chose SD version only. because if you are n00b, you will break the pins inside of CF.

avoid all flash carts except
Supercard SD/minisd
M3 SD
gbaMP

kennyboy
May 6th, 2006, 20:51
Yeah...pretty much as above but can add in ez4.

Its a bad idea to buy a flash cart that doesn't use expandable memory unless you really don't like very short loading times and like to carry very few games at a time. Its a no brainer.....

And GBA compatibility shouldn't be a issue.....its a DS...not a GBA.

Himura
May 6th, 2006, 21:12
I love my Supercard CF. Mostly because I already have a CF card. It's great for GBA and DS, and sees tons of support.

kyus
May 6th, 2006, 21:42
Same here... I got a supercard cf... it's perfect. Some gba games can slow a little, but they can be patched. I just hope they implement a ds cheat function sometime soon.

Mazza
May 6th, 2006, 23:17
Gotta go with the M3 mini sd, small, reliable and in my opinion better build than the supercard

Öhr
May 6th, 2006, 23:46
i love my m3 cf. works perfect!
the m3sd is ok too, but it still have writing on sd problems with homebrew.
dont buy a m3 mini sd, the support of homebrew sucks and the cards arent cheap!

gbamp is the best module for homebrew i ever had!

takieda
May 7th, 2006, 01:13
For the DS in general, aside from the G6, there really isn't a good non-upgradeable flashcart for the DS. IF you must have a Flashcart with no expansion (no SD or CF support), then the G6 is the one to get. Otherwise, avoid the other ones like the plague. Get yourself an M3 (any variety - CF better for Homebrew), Supercard (same as M3 on the issues), or even the new EZIV - probably the best quality initial rollout of a product I've seen (they have no prior experience to run from, like the Supercard and M3 - and already their support is nearly as good as both the other units).

Also, for a newb, I'd suggesting avoiding the MK line of products - the Mk2/3 - simply because they're not really meant for newbs. More of a developers unit, and not very portable friendly (sticks out a LOT).

i love my m3 cf. works perfect!
the m3sd is ok too, but it still have writing on sd problems with homebrew.
dont buy a m3 mini sd, the support of homebrew sucks and the cards arent cheap!

gbamp is the best module for homebrew i ever had!

The M3-Mini shouldn't be any worse than the regular M3-SD for homebrew support, and I really don't understand why people keep complaining about the price of Mini-SD cards... I just got a 2GB card for $78 shipped (and I wasn't going for cheap shipping). Last I checked, the cheapest comperable 2GB SD card (150x) runs right around $52 shipped. About $26 difference which is partially made up because the M3-MiniSD is actually about $10 cheaper than the M3-SlimSD (assuming you buy from tampabaymods.com or divineo.com) So you're looking at a grand total of $16 so that you don't have a unit that sticks out almost an inch out of your unit.

I would, however, love to get an old gbamp, as I've heard great things about its homebrew support. Hopefully Chishm'll make a new driver to better support the SD cards. I'd really like my M3's to work with more Homebrew *cough*DSOrganize*cough*

Xbox4all
May 7th, 2006, 02:09
I have a F2A Ultra 256Mbit , And while very compatable with most things, it is definatly limited in some respects, And people considering getting a new cart should consider the carts mentioned above definatly, however if you got a F2A you can use it with the Ds rather well , I currently have the first 2 monkey islands on my cart with full sound etc.. and i'm loving it, but when i get some spare cash im upgrading to a more comaptable cart with more space.

scorpei
May 7th, 2006, 10:31
I've got an EFA-Linker 1 (256Mbit), and it works fine (the software does miss certain features I would like to see: The option to add multiple nds files without a loader (aka, place a homebrew loader on there) and a non-patch option).

I also have a GBAMP which is great for homebrew etc. never given me any trouble.
If that is all your interested in, you should simply get one, it's a really great peace of kit (GBAMP).

Aryn
May 7th, 2006, 14:49
I have read on another web page I was directed to by the DS Linux WIKI about a 4MB limit on applications executed using GBAMP (something about the homebrew programs being directly loaded into the DS system's RAM), is this actually true? Considering that some homebrew games are larger than 4MB I would consider this to be a slight problem.

Sagan
May 7th, 2006, 15:08
Will you update the FAQ with this? Because it will be hard to find this thread and the other one a few months from now.

Isaac702
May 7th, 2006, 19:40
I have a Ezflash 2 Powerstar. It has most of the features you would want except it needs a homebrew loader ( time will see if it gets one ).

I suggest you stay away if you are buying a new

NSCXP2005
May 7th, 2006, 21:08
Can you please tell me with is the overall & best device that I should get?

Which is the best device that plays NDS files, GBA files, Has a mobie player & play Homebrew?

Also which is the best play to buy it from, as I live in the UK.

please reply ASAP

Cheers & thanks in advance

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005
May 8th, 2006, 16:21
can somebody please help me with my question.

NSCXP2005
May 12th, 2006, 23:39
please can somebody answer my question, I need to know before I buy?

ste887
September 11th, 2008, 15:17
games n music ds
by datel
it playes .nds files, video and homebrew
unfortunatelt no gba support
oh and if you mean commercial nds roms that is forbidden

Shrygue
September 11th, 2008, 15:26
This thread is two years old and should not be bumped. Next time please check the last post date before posting.

Thread closed