PDA

View Full Version : MoonShell Ver1.21

wraggster
May 6th, 2006, 22:43
Moonlight (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/) has updated moonshell.

Moonshell is a multimedia player for the Nintendo DS. It can play wav, mp3, ogg, display text files, display jpg, bmp and play video.

Whats new:

Renewed Setup.exe.
MoonShell is possible to start from the M3 menu with A button. It referred 'Pepsiman-M3powerloader.zip'.
Fixed MS-Windows30Like skin. (Thank you Xtreme!)
readme(english).txt updated.
readme(finnish).txt updated.
readme(german).txt (fixed & saved to Unicode)
readme(russian).txt (saved to Unicode)
readme(spanish).txt (saved to Unicode)
readme(swedish).txt (saved to Unicode)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

QazzaQY2K
May 29th, 2006, 23:16
Dear MAX Media Player Customer! GET A SCSD with a real passme and flashme also.. there's a higher version of moonshell get on with it

vicks7005
August 25th, 2007, 13:23
hi im new to all of this and was after a bit of help. i just got a maxmedia player ang 4gb card. I plugged into computer and drop and drag some photos, i then went to my ds to open these in pics and can see the file name but when i double click it doesnt open the picture! I have now downloaded moonshell to my computer and saved in my docs. Can someone help me how i can open my pics and use other stuff, cheers

elgoog
August 25th, 2007, 17:44
Install moonshell to your card then make sure that the moonshl folder is at the root of your card, also make sure the pictures are the right file extension, and then run in moonshell, i hope that helps

DanTheManMS
August 26th, 2007, 05:19
Also install the latest 1.71 version. The version from this thread is ancient and won't work on your MMP.

vicks7005
August 26th, 2007, 09:07
where can I get the latest version and how do I do it, sorry for being a bit daft but its all new to me and I just wanna get to use it all cheers

DanTheManMS
August 26th, 2007, 18:56
The latest version is at http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/08/moonshell_ver171p1_top_page.shtml

Download it and then run setup.exe to have it copy the necessary files to your card automatically.

vicks7005
August 26th, 2007, 20:38
its on the max media thing but i can still not open my pics or anything, dont know if i am doing it right or not. can you write dont step by step so i can hopefully get it all to work, as its driving me mad now. ta very muchly.

vicks7005
August 26th, 2007, 20:47
ok i have downloaded and then did the set up whilst the 4gb was plugged into computer, (i take it this doesnt have to be plugged into nintendo at the time?) then turned nintendo on and loads of moonshell files came up??? then it said an error had occured!! am i doing this wrong? please help

DanTheManMS
August 26th, 2007, 20:58
When you set it up, you should have only selected one option for the device you have. Then only one *.nds file would be copied over. However, since you're using the MMP, you'll likely have to do an additional step. Download and install the latest version of DLDIrc, choosing the MMP (not MMD) option when it asks you what device you have. Then right-click the one Moonshell file that got copied over to your card and choose the new patching option that appears. Then launch it.

vicks7005
August 27th, 2007, 10:18
When i set it up, it did not ask for a device.

vicks7005
August 27th, 2007, 11:07
When setting up it does not ask for a device

DanTheManMS
August 28th, 2007, 04:21
Unless he drastically changed it in the latest update, then yes it does.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9730/screenyon9.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenyon9.png)

Select that, and then patch with the MMP DLDI file by using DLDIrc.

vicks7005
August 28th, 2007, 19:16
Hi cheers 4 that, have downloaded as you have said.will play mp3 music, wont do avi or mpg on video or mp4. But still the photos appear too big and you cant view them! I cant go to pics or music or videos on the screen i have to go through moonshell is this normal as I thought you could open them in their own folder?
It still says an error has occured but once you get rid of that screen all appears ok. So just a bit of help on how to view pics/videos would be great and the file opening.
Ta BIG Muchly ;-)

DanTheManMS
August 29th, 2007, 01:16
Moonshell isn't an addon to the MMD interface. It's a complete replacement that you must launch from within the MMD. Therefore, you must launch it and use its file browser to view the images and listen to mp3 files.

The only video file type Moonshell supports is DPG (stands for "DS MPEG"). You can find a free converter called DPGTools in the Moonshell directory you downloaded (look for "dpgenc.exe")

The error message you see at the beginning is normal, and it appears on several other devices as well. As long as it works normally afterward, you don't need to worry about it.

Junixx
August 29th, 2007, 03:05
Unless he drastically changed it in the latest update, then yes it does.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9730/screenyon9.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenyon9.png)

Select that, and then patch with the MMP DLDI file by using DLDIrc.

I don't think 1.21 had as many options...

vicks7005
August 29th, 2007, 14:20
so what do i need to view my pics and put videos on then ? do i need a different download. ta

DanTheManMS
August 29th, 2007, 23:44
I don't think 1.21 had as many options...
I'm pretty sure it doesn't either. I'm showing him how to install 1.71 (or 1.71 +1).

Vicks, did my last post not work for you?

vicks7005
September 6th, 2007, 16:39
still cant view the pics but can hear the music. I dont think this max media is all its cracked up to be, when i brought it it said it was a simple drag and drop and u could watch movies,view pics and hear music, im still waiting, may just cut my losses and sell it! ta anyway. x

cal360
September 6th, 2007, 16:41
still cant view the pics but can hear the music. I dont think this max media is all its cracked up to be, when i brought it it said it was a simple drag and drop and u could watch movies,view pics and hear music, im still waiting, may just cut my losses and sell it! ta anyway. x

You do realise this is a very old version looks around for a newer update and you may find what you wanted.

wiggy fuzz
September 7th, 2007, 15:17
i looked at the Infantile Paralysiser website and found DSMPlay Ver0.7: is this ds media player format any good (compared to .dpg) - it stated the end files will be very big

kermitfrog
September 24th, 2007, 13:06
i looked at the Infantile Paralysiser website and found DSMPlay Ver0.7: is this ds media player format any good (compared to .dpg) - it stated the end files will be very big

For your information - DSMPlay does produces VERY large video files compared to the usual Moonshell DPG files

I converted a 90Mb AVI file into both DSM & DPG
sizes turned out to be :-

DSM = 26.2Mb
DPG = 6.3Mb

Although picture quality does seem better I don't think I'll like the idea of a very high file size format for picture quality. I'll stick with DPG files - with a little tweaking of the settings, I reckon you'll wont notice much difference between the two

I personally like DSMPlay, with it's touch controls etc - but would like it to have the same file format availability as Moonshell's

Or IF there was a series of Moonshell plugins that allows us to add things like touch control & Graphic Equalizer to it - all the better.