PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo AES - Looking for a talented coder

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 01:56
Hello everyone i am a member here at DCEmu and am looking for a talented coder who will take up the task of making a Neo Geo AES Emulator for the PSP. Some have said it was not possible but that is not true we need a dedicated coder who can get the job done. Vettacrossx, many others and I have searched many places for the right coder for the job but so far are unable to find one. If anyone knows or can help us find a coder willing to help please respond, do so on this thread. Coders who have made Neo geo emulators are likely to help.

CODERS- if you are intrested in helping please respond in this thread.

And for those of you who do not Know what AES is... Its basicly Neo Geo CD but in cartridge form but the HUGE difference is that the AES plays many more titles such as Metal slug 3,4,5 and much much more.Now you may ask yourself why?It was because of the loading times so they made AES then CD and then CDZ to help the loading times.Now your all caught up on what AES is.

Everyones help in this effort is very appreciated...

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 04:54
If any coders are looking at this and are intrested please say so on this thread.

BALL_SAC
May 8th, 2006, 05:35
ummm... are you a coder yourself?

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:42
i know a little, i pick up things here and there. But no where near good enough to accomplish something like this.

BALL_SAC
May 8th, 2006, 05:50
I support this 100%, I would love to see a neo geo cartridge emulator.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:30
What we have to do is keep an eye out for a coder that is not currentaly to busy and would want to do this to. The coders that would mosy likely help would be coders that have already made a neo geo emulater before because they like the neo geo systems. So if you run into a coder who is willing to do this tell him or her (lol- Probaly not a her) to come to this thread to discuss it.

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 21:54
MikeDX has been able to emulate some bowling Neogeo cartridge game.. The reason why we dont have a full blown AES system is due to the lack of ram. The reason why NGCD was emulated is because the CD files can be streamed. No doubt a neogeo CD emulator would be sweet, but only a small library could fit in the ram. NOT Metal Slug, KOF, Samuri Showdown, Last Blade, or any other game you are all probably thinking about... sorry :(

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 21:59
Well i have discussed it with some people and they think it is possible. And there's always ways to get around stuff like that.

vettacossx
May 8th, 2006, 21:59
this is a gr8 idea i cant wait for a talented coder too take our challange so whos up for it???

we have alot of nice emus in the psp scene and thats gr8 but how did we manage to skipp right over this ....IM TALKING TO YOU NEO GEO POCKET CODER!!

lets give these guys some encouragement how many people would be willing to donate a dollor to see this up and running....I WOULD IN A HEART BEAT!!

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 22:00
And if it is not possible to make an AES emu. Theres ways around that too. Maby a converter to make AES titles play on Neo CD. Hopefully we can find some one that can help.

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 22:03
this is a gr8 idea i cant wait for a talented coder too take our challange so whos up for it???

we have alot of nice emus in the psp scene and thats gr8 but how did we manage to skipp right over this ....IM TALKING TO YOU NEO GEO POCKET CODER!!

lets give these guys some encouragement how many people would be willing to donate a dollor to see this up and running....I WOULD IN A HEART BEAT!!

the ngp coder was nexis aka monkey. I dont think he will halt work on m64 or iris for somthing that will probably go nowhere :)

As for converting AES to NGCD format.. I know of some research being done on that.. you might want to google.

MikeDX is the only person currently dealking with mame and is the only person to get get a neogeo rom working on PSP... Id watch him close from now on if I were you.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 22:10
Thanx for the info. I will look into that.

vettacossx
May 8th, 2006, 22:13
why not a plugin.....hes right its possible...if anyone used the EpsxE emulator for the pc....they may remember a plugin called the PSX CHET PLUG-IN.....
Q: How is this helpfull vetta?
A: proof of concept.....

it proofs that you can emulate a ACTION REPLAY not as a seperate device but it apears as a video plugin/cheat device!!!

thats right it was also a video plug-in... not a bad method ...and just a thought

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 22:16
why not a plugin.....hes right its possible...if anyone used the EpsxE emulator for the pc....they may remember a plugin called the PSX CHET PLUG-IN.....
Q: How is this helpfull vetta?
A: proof of concept.....

it proofs that you can emulate a ACTION REPLAY not as a seperate device but it apears as a video plugin/cheat device!!!

thats right it was also a video plug-in... not a bad method ...and just a thought

er.. I think we are on a differant page..

vettacossx
May 8th, 2006, 22:25
i dont know alot about the neo geo but it was a thought!

dont know if it even has plugins but hey..

BALL_SAC
May 9th, 2006, 06:31
We should contact one of the creators of a windows based neo geo emulator, and see if they know anything about psp. If they do, then we may have a port soon :)

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 07:07
YA i agree we need to find a Neo-Nut lol. If we can find a good coder that happens to like the AES system then were all set.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:32
for the name ball sac....im speachless....lmao....as for his suggestion....pricless.....lol

psiko_scweek
May 9th, 2006, 13:45
ummm bout the ram issue....you could be able to stream it off the memory stick like Daedalus is doing for the N64

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 14:52
Yep, theres also one thing in my mind "Where theres a will theres a way" We need to find someone that can help. There are alot of coders out there... We just need to find the right one.

Cap'n 1time
May 9th, 2006, 23:32
ummm bout the ram issue....you could be able to stream it off the memory stick like Daedalus is doing for the N64

I dont know... about 6 months ago I was told that streaming n64 games was impossible...

V3N0M
May 10th, 2006, 00:04
Ya AES is possible and there are in theroy was to get around problems for making an AES emu for the psp.

BALL_SAC
May 13th, 2006, 05:34
I found where to request help, or a source code. The emulator I found was NeoRage X for windows, and it may be able to be ported to the psp. This is the best, and fastest Neo Geo emulator out there. As for you Jman, I will leave you to email the authors of the emulator

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50884/emulator/rage.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see the emails of the two people who created the emulator. If you cant get them to port it, at least request for a source code.
Hope this helps.

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 06:20
Well i emailed them both but something is wroung with their email. "sigh" well maby we can find some one else and if anyone does get a hold of someone who might help us...Here is a letter i typed so just copy and paste and send this email to them....BTW just change the name if you want lol...

------Hello my name is Jacob or known as JmanUmmKay from the DCEmu. Recently the PSP Homebrew Scene as you might be familiar with, has sky rocked. There are so many emulators of great systems either ported or made for the psp. They are all truly amazing even a N64 emulator is being made, with great progress by the way. Well after seeing all these great emulators, well I began to wonder why an Neo Geo AES emulator has not been made. So I started up a thread at DCEmu looking for a very talented coder(s). Many people have supported my thread looking someone who can take up the task of making an AES emulator or porting one for the psp. Well after a few weeks someone told me of your emulator and said it was one of the best ones ever created. So after many coders have turned us down I new I had to find someone that loves the AES a “Neo Nut” lol. I began to think I would never find anyone who could help us. So I come to you as are last hope. There are many people who want to be able to play this system on the go. So what I’m asking is…Can you please port your or make a Neo Geo AES emulator to the psp? I think it will be worth your while as people are very generous when it comes to donating to help a project that they want on their portable psp. So if you can help us it would be great, on top of the fact that it would be a fun project. So if you can help please email me at [email protected] or post your response at DCEmu here is a link to the thread…
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24091&page=1&pp=10

Your help in this effort will be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way if you decide not to help in this effort we will understand but if you could give us your source code it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

BALL_SAC
May 13th, 2006, 08:01
Im not sure if I want to pull a sorce code for a discontiued/crappy emulator... But there has to be a way to hack neo rage x to directly pull out the source code. I dont know about this anymore... I dont want to give up on finding sources, or porters, but I cant find anybody. Someone PLEASE FIND A SOURCE

Sk8.4.Life
May 19th, 2006, 05:26
Finally! Someone else noticed! We have all these emulators, but for some reason, coders picked the 2 crappiest systems of the 3 to port... Why? The original cartridge loading Neo Geo completely ownz them both in a landslide with two words, Metal Slug. I've been dying to play the whole series Metal Slug on the psp, but nobody has even tried porting one of the many emulators... I'm all for this!

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 05:43
Great we need all the help we can get. First we need to find a coder who can help, someone who likes these great consoles.

BALL_SAC
May 20th, 2006, 03:26
I think that the emulator is possable... but we cant even come a step closer without a source code... So Ill keep looking for a source... but I have had no luck so far. Im worried about if it even possable to do this, but I know its not impossable, so keep looking for the source people.

BALL_SAC
June 17th, 2006, 23:53
I cant believe this thread has been forgotten... WE NEED HELP PEOPLE!!! If anyone can obtain the source code for a Neo Geo AES emulater, please post here.

matt2k
June 18th, 2006, 00:12
Take a look at the main page. There already is an emu. 2 versions have been released so far.

.......and don't tell me there is a BIG difference between AES and arcade (MVS) versions. There isn't.

V3N0M
June 18th, 2006, 01:19
Hey nobody said there was. As for the emu everyone knows.

BALL_SAC
June 18th, 2006, 22:16
Take a look at the main page. There already is an emu. 2 versions have been released so far.

.......and don't tell me there is a BIG difference between AES and arcade (MVS) versions. There isn't.

Those are NEO GEO CD emulators. As for AES, there are very few that have actually been created, and all of them are for PC. We are looking for someone to port the emulator from pc to psp.

O-bake
June 19th, 2006, 00:47
Those are NEO GEO CD emulators. As for AES, there are very few that have actually been created, and all of them are for PC. We are looking for someone to port the emulator from pc to psp.
Take a look at the main page again ;)

BALL_SAC
June 20th, 2006, 05:16
Nice, finally a NEO GEO AES emulator. I have been waiting so long for one of these. However, it looks like it runs games very skecthy. I think Ill wait for a better release that at least runs Garou: Mark of the Wolves before I start actually useing the emulater.

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERD JMAN!!!! :)