PDA

View Full Version : Why Let PSPupdates post about M64 ?

infernomax
May 7th, 2006, 04:39
PSmonkey i think you should complain to the admin , i mean everytime some news is there its a 100 comment flaming of M64 by some ignorant kids that know nothing, i read one of your posts there that said "Personly I probably am going to quit doing it again because of all this. It's not worth the frustration." , please don't quit dude.. 4get PSPupdates and make Monkey64 a DCemu exclusive...

V3N0M
May 7th, 2006, 04:42
He's not quiting but i say we all go to pspupdates and flame the hell out of them. lol all of psmonkey supporters. But thats not right sinking down to their level and would probaly only bother psmonkey more.

Cooe14
May 7th, 2006, 04:46
The Great Flame WAR! :p

infernomax
May 7th, 2006, 04:50
He's not quiting but i say we all go to pspupdates and flame the hell out of them. lol all of psmonkey supporters. But thats not right sinking down to their level and would probaly only bother psmonkey more.

OOPS already flamed them , pisses me off ya know? great people like PSmonkey that give their free time for us... Atleast PSmonkey will get a ton of donations from his supporters when he opens a paypal account...

We're not worthy!!

Evab3vA
May 7th, 2006, 10:49
Everyone just needs to grow up and stop with the flaming. Yes, PSP Updates could do with removing the unregistered comments (something I've PM'ed Ipaq about) but most of the registered users are a decent bunch. Like me. :)

As I've said before, every forum has its fair share of idiots. ;)

wraggster
May 7th, 2006, 12:02
Yes the comments over there are disapointing, but the paid staff should sort them out, remember that criticsm if decent is actually welcome but silly flames are not. PSPU has a lot of good members but its a pity that they pay for forums that should be free but hey if they are daft enough thats their problem :p

In the end PSMonkey will shut up those who dont know their arse from their elbow but until then we wont have any flamewars

drquack02
May 7th, 2006, 17:34
Yes the comments over there are disapointing, but the paid staff should sort them out, remember that criticsm if decent is actually welcome but silly flames are not. PSPU has a lot of good members but its a pity that they pay for forums that should be free but hey if they are daft enough thats their problem :p

In the end PSMonkey will shut up those who dont know their arse from their elbow but until then we wont have any flamewars

In many cases having a paid forum is better. For one it keeps all the 11 year old IRC kids from posting because they don't have credit cards.

Look at Somethingawful.com for a good success story.

The problem is that anyone can post on comments...mabey it would be better to make it forum user only.

Shadowblind
May 7th, 2006, 18:04
If people want to flame, its they're personal choice. If the mods want to delete posts there, its they're choice. Just remeber: Idiots flame. So stop flaming the flamers, and the world will keep on spinning.

Demolition49
May 7th, 2006, 23:18
There isnt much you can do except complain to admin... or mods... etc... when u flame back you create more flaming which ends up in somone crying lol.

P.S Shadowblind i would be happy to show you how to get 2.0 games working on 1.5... just PM me.

glitch
May 8th, 2006, 01:22
honestly if I was PSMonkey I would not waste the time reading comments from PSPU. Needless drama imo. If those idiots want to confuse monkey with donkey or think daedalus is donkey then so be it, arguing with them is like running in the specail olympics(surely everyone knows the rest and has seen the picture)...............

I did try and post a comment nonetheless to set some of the facts straight but umm yea it's useless almost immediately someone posted back saying monkey sucks and daedalus is donkey64 and it r0Xs kinda thing...... -.- they are simply sad and pathetic... beyond helping

What really irratates me is that when I contacted PSPU like a year ago I guess bout some new PSP developement they shrugged me off saying it was BS only to find out weeks later it was real. You'd think with all the BS they post anyways they could at least have posted my news as being a rumor.

cableplug
May 8th, 2006, 03:14
I look at the posts from many psp sites, most of which are from people excited to play n64 on thier handheld. I don't bother with comments (very little useful information). Daedalus and M64 remind me of the Seabee's motto "The difficult we do now. The impossible takes a little longer." I think negative comments have put PSMonkey into hyperdrive to complete this project ("Pride" is a curse that can yield great rewards or lead to rapid burnout). I hope he doesn't burnout. We all know that when he completes Monkey64 it will be the most sought after file for the Psp.

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 03:25
What I hate is people coming there saying things like "Daedalus is donkey in disguise" or "Donkey is the best and anMIT student" , that get's you wayyyyyyyyyyyy mad.

highestgrade
May 8th, 2006, 04:01
"a wise man once said why argue with fools, cause from a distance you cant tell who is who."

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 05:45
What I hate is people coming there saying things like "Daedalus is donkey in disguise" or "Donkey is the best and anMIT student" , that get's you wayyyyyyyyyyyy mad.

holly shit. since when have you been posting here? Still dont get why you think i am jerking people around. :( It takes 5 seconds to give sniper a build. It also is useful since he can check stuff for me.

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 05:49
just few more things. I dont think people realise how much time I dedicate to coding & my work. Hell i do it soo much it was brough up in my review at work that 95% of my day is spent doing something video game or coding related. The other 5% isn't because I can't controll what I need to do durring that 5% (Sleeping, bathroom, eating).

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:59
just few more things. I dont think people realise how much time I dedicate to coding & my work. Hell i do it soo much it was brough up in my review at work that 95% of my day is spent doing something video game or coding related. The other 5% isn't because I can't controll what I need to do durring that 5% (Sleeping, bathroom, eating).

I think most of us understand how much work you put in to this emu. As for people who don't, ingnore them as they make false accusations. And PSmonkey if you really don't wanna here what they say just don't post back at them because it will only make them do it more. On top of the fact that there probaly little 11 year olds that have nothing better to do than piss other people off.

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 06:05
I think most of us understand how much work you put in to this emu. As for people who don't, ingnore them as they make false accusations. And PSmonkey if you really don't wanna here what they say just don't post back at them because it will only make them do it more. On top of the fact that there probaly little 11 year olds that have nothing better to do than piss other people off.

its hard because I like to help people sometimes at my exspense. I also love good feedback (somtimes i dont get much here since a few brown nose a little too much. :cool: ). I also ungodly hate false acusations against me.

i'm just gonna have to start hitting myself every time i try clicking to read the comment section on any site. :(

Also just a little suport to Eva. PSPUpdate & PSP-Hack forums are actualy full of great people (I love visiting both). Really what kills both sites for news is the fact they allow anonimous posting (dcemu dont since it's apart of the forums). :(

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:06
Ya i know and i do appriciate you and am very exicited about the emu. Like many others i support you and if anyone bothers you all of us will go over there and flame the hell out of them. lol but only if you want us to. lol

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 07:23
I think flaming back only makes more flames at you... then you end up with silly disputes.

Just ignore them, i can understand you wanting to look at comments... if you do find stupid comments why take them on... its prob an 11 year old half way across the world that wants to bug you... it really DOESNT matter.

P.S keep up the good work.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:33
I think flaming back only makes more flames at you... then you end up with silly disputes.

Just ignore them, i can understand you wanting to look at comments... if you do find stupid comments why take them on... its prob an 11 year old half way across the world that wants to bug you... it really DOESNT matter.

P.S keep up the good work.

I was joking about the flame thing. And i agree with you too.

Timale-Kun
May 8th, 2006, 11:12
just don't care about them, we cannot have an smart discussion with such people. this is utterly a waste of time to attempt to make them understand something

me_ben
May 8th, 2006, 13:01
just as long as psmonkey is working, i'm happy

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 17:03
I think PSmonkey is overworking... im sure that PSmonkey enjoys it to a certain degree though.

Accordion
May 8th, 2006, 19:38
hmmm. what a short lived support thread i knew it wouldn't last, it seemed like no one really understood it, someone asked for a worms type game wtf

while i hate the comments on pspu i dont think homebrew news should be kept secret from others

we cant change the world, we can only change ourselves
i guess i will have to live with the typing of the dead

BrokenWing
May 12th, 2006, 03:32
Why can't everyone just be nuetral? lol
I like DCEmu and PSPUpdates.
I liked the PS3, 360 and now I'm liking my Wii the best >_< (So, a name isn't everything...right?)
But yeah unregistered users can be real asses sometimes. They don't care what they post because the worst thing that could happen would be to have their post deleted. They belong in my trashcan along with Rengoku and all the Nintendo Wii haters.