PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Coming To PSP (2007)

wraggster
May 7th, 2006, 10:40
Via Gamersarefun (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6309)

Thanks to some members at the NeoGAF forums who have translated part of the podcast, we can bring you the first details on this title.

It will apparently take place in 1970, after the end of Metal Gear Solid 3. Big Boss will be the protagonist, and the story will deal with his founding of Foxhound. The graphical quality will, according to the podcast, be on par with the PS2 MGS titles. There will of course be less polygons in some models, but it will be done in such a way that it's not very noticeable to the player.

This will be an action title, but there will be some changes to the game's usual combat formula. The player will control troops. If troops die, they're gone for good; it seems death is an important part of this game. There will be multiple ways to win battles. At the start of each battle, you'll have the option of betting troops. If you decide to surrender your troops by using the white flag before the battle's over, you won't lose the troops you bet (it's unclear what the consequences will be, though). Also, this one's a little sketchy, but it seems the game will not feature Continues, so if you die, you're gone for good. This is an idea Kojima has mentioned wanting to try several times in the past, and it will likely be the topic of many arguments between MGS fans.

MGS for PSP will also feature multiplayer battles over Wi-Fi.

b8a
May 7th, 2006, 23:00
Finally!! This is really sounding more like a strategy game though, so I hope Konami doesn't just try to pawn another mere shell of a game (like the Ac!d series) off on us. This could have some serious potential...

publicprivates
May 7th, 2006, 23:06
Metal Gear Tactics

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 03:52
Kojima could do good with this.
Or Kojima could ruin his series.

I'm hoping for the best MGS ever.
But I won't be surprised if it sucks.

Lets hope Kojima gives us the Real Solid Snake!!!!

Privateer
May 8th, 2006, 04:44
Is a normal MGS game on PSP too much to ask for?

demon16
May 8th, 2006, 09:42
The fact that they said battle system means its not the good old MGS :( But I'll probably get it anyway :rolleyes: