PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu News etc

wraggster
May 7th, 2006, 12:50
Well a massively busy week or so is coming with E3 around the corner, please feel free to submit as much news as possible :)

Message to Coders

I do have a request for fans of Homebrew worldwide and from different languages, ive noticed on several none english forums that there are new games, demos etc but translation software is pretty much useless so any coders who would like more exposure then please post in our Submit News Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=117) and we will move it to the site where the news is applicable.

Also to all coders on any platform please use the forums to upload your releases, those free uploaders like Rapidshare and Megaupload etc are rubbish :) plus you get feedback with your release.

We are the only Network of sites where Coders can post news directly once we make them Coder Rank, we will mirror your release but we are here to be used as promotion for your release :)

DCEMU LOGO Needed

The New DCEmu Network site at http://www.dcemu.co.uk will be getting a redesign very soon but for now its in need of a new logo for the site.

The name for the site is

DCEmu - The Home of Homebrew

Size of logo isnt too much of a worry but the actual size in kb does need to be fairly low (under 80kb)

if anyones bored then please have a go :)

DCEmu T-Shirt Design

Theres been some discussion for a long while about having a DCEmu T-Shirt and i suppose a T-Shirt with the same logo as the main site would be a great idea. so if any of you are bored again please have a go.

DCEmu Podcast/Magazine Site

Theres been discussion in IRC about a Podcast site for DCEmu, who is up for it ?, if theres a demand then we will sort out a sub domain for you and get the idea going. Let Me know.

Got an Idea for a Site or Need Hosting

With the Vbulletin Forum we use we have near on 50,000 members at this time and the forum can be used as a news feed for any site, the site doesnt have to be Homebrew related as long as its not illegal :P, i personally would like to see say a Harry Potter dcemu site or sites on consoles/pc/laptops etc etc.

Interesting ideas are always welcome.

Ok thats all for my rant, back to less boring stuff now ;)

Öhr
May 7th, 2006, 16:10
how large the logo? 190x80px or what?

Emeriastone
May 7th, 2006, 18:08
No, under *80 kb (file size). Actual dimensions may vary.

Mazza
May 7th, 2006, 18:30
how big roughly, I don't want to make a logo that 600x150 and find out it's too large

Kaiser
May 7th, 2006, 18:48
Okay here is a quick attempt by me

bugo
May 7th, 2006, 19:06
I can try to make a nice new and pro logo.
But i will need time. How much time we got?
wanna see my portfolio (artwork page): :)
www.dreamlab.com.br/hugobeyer (http://www.dreamlab.com.br/hugobeyer)

d_dunn
May 7th, 2006, 20:55
hey guys, just thought i'd gave da logo a wee shot... lol....

i'm sure not sure if its wot ur looking but from a fans point a view, i fink it works.... :rolleyes:

b8a
May 7th, 2006, 23:57
I personally don't see what's wrong with the current logo. It's clean, crisp, recognizable, and really does look altogeather relatively professional. If you really want a different logo, maybe you could give us some thoughts about what changes you'd like to see with it?

bandit
May 8th, 2006, 00:54
d_dunn: Its nice but too much going on and cluttered.
Kaiser: Looks nice. Nothing too fancy and simple. Its easy on the eyes.

prettyrandom
May 8th, 2006, 02:38
okay just did this one, theres a few colours and the three on the left *edit* on the right! *edit* were to see how;

*the 'home of' text looked like the same colour as logo
*using a complementry colour for the 'DC' text
*outlining the outer part of the logo

please any feedback on this would be great, tshirt size is possible so can be used for that too, any comments in regards to layout colour things to add anything are much appriciated :p

thanksagain
randomout

Kaiser
May 8th, 2006, 03:30
Those are real nice logo's prettyrandom. :)

I made another one that would suit the network page if it had a dark background. I'm also trying to make the logo's as simple as I can while keeping them somewhat professional looking. Though I like my first one much more. I might try making a third one that suits the blue/white look the forums have. Here is what I got so far, side-by-side.

prettyrandom
May 8th, 2006, 04:20
hay kaiser i'm liking your second one looks very icey and nice:D tbh i think i prefer it to the first one, thanks for the compliment:D what colour/style you like the best?

Kaiser
May 8th, 2006, 04:35
hay kaiser i'm liking your second one looks very icey and nice:D tbh i think i prefer it to the first one, thanks for the compliment:D what colour/style you like the best?

The blue one looks pretty sharp and is probably my favorite. The "C" wrapping around the "E" is a nice touch for all of them to.

prettyrandom
May 8th, 2006, 04:41
Ta, i thought the pink but then i dunno i just love pink:P think the blue is most fitting really with the whole site and everything, you think it'd look good with the outline like the pink one has or looks better without?

Kaiser
May 8th, 2006, 05:05
Without

DraconumPB
May 8th, 2006, 09:04
Hmm.. what do you think? It could be made simpler if need be...

DraconumPB
May 8th, 2006, 09:13
Or here's a slight alteration...

d_dunn
May 8th, 2006, 09:34
...damn, ur logos kick my ass,lol....

DRaconum, u've got dis very techno fing going on, thumbs up for dat... :)

& prettyramdons releases, love da blue!!! & da way u gave samples of other colours...

i will ave another blast at it & see if i can redeem myself,lol..... ;)

jimjamjahaa
May 8th, 2006, 16:47
i had a stab at it.

kept the same colours as is already used

DraconumPB
May 8th, 2006, 17:08
Thanks dunn! I saw this thread last night and got on it right away, spent 30-60 min or so in photoshop. I think I want to clean up the rounded edge on the bottom of the logo, otherwise I don't know how else i could improve it. Good thing about it is that it wouldn't be too hard to make a simple, non-textured version for a shirt or whatever other purpose is needed.

Your logo was pretty cool too although in all honesty it was a bit cluttered... it was more of a 'banner' and less of a plain 'logo'... I think Wragg was looking for more of the latter because of the whole T-shirt thing. T-shirts traditionally look better with simpler logos although there are exceptions..

also pretty random's logos are great, I wouldn't mind seeing one of those either.. although i have to stick with the blue one too. I don't think DCEmu is going pink any time soon, even though it is spring..!

prettyrandom
May 8th, 2006, 17:19
Hey draconum liking your logo very technoish:D effort put into that, looks great!
and yeah agree taht the only thing really is to tidy up the slight jaggy on the rounded bottom,
gonna make a few alterations of the blue one of mine in a bit, it seems to be the one everyones liking (if only it were the pink:P) keep up the work guys, great that theres been such a response to this post, should have the alterations up tonight only i ought to be revising:P

randomout

d_dunn
May 9th, 2006, 02:18
thanx for da help from ur posts guys, took on board ur thoughts & cut out all da clutter,lol....

I made dis bunch as basic as i cud, but da possibilities r endless wif colour schemes...
...Made a speical pink one for u, prettyramdon :D

Although these r still not as good as all ur releases, bt hey, its all fun... ;)

bandit
May 9th, 2006, 04:56
prettyrandom: I'm loving it! Damn, makes me want a one for the review site! I dont have the time to make one myself *hint hint*

Kaiser
May 9th, 2006, 05:58
Or here's a slight alteration...

I think we got a winner. I especially like Sonic in there. :D

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 11:41
OMG idont care what it looks like (im getting a few!!):D just that it says dcemu;) the homebrew and gaming site

:rolleyes: maybe current member list on the back!
says "X" number of members and counting...where do you get your game on!!!

:cool: change the shirt(desighn i mean of couse..lol) anualy... or every 6 months with a updated member list....

then i can COLLECT them ALL:eek:

prettyrandom
May 9th, 2006, 17:01
Okay not really done anything to this much but found that blue being the most popular here are a few variations, any comments are largely welcome:D just so i can put any of these features into the final design, the original is in the centre and really in my opinion is the best but gotta get some feeback:P

Hey D_dunn thanks for the pink one! hehe someone cares:P I like your idea just it looks a little rough, the text in the circle is good idea, just the finish needs a bit of a polish i think:)

And iazybandit thanks and would be happy to make one:D just gimmie some ideas about what you want?

keepituplads
randomout

DraconumPB
May 9th, 2006, 17:30
hey PR - nice beautiful and simple logos. The one on the bottom left is my fav so far.

I'll give a shot at some more alternate versions of my logo sometime tonight... This will be interesting =)

prettyrandom
May 9th, 2006, 18:23
thanks draconum, they pale in comparrison to your techno dealie though:D
hehe look forward to seeing your alternates, your second post one is my fav. so far:D

DraconumPB
May 9th, 2006, 21:56
I'm not trying to fight a compliment war here, but I wouldn't be so hasty to put your own logos down random. It's a quality design.. simple, economical (probably a low filesize eh?) and clean. I aknowledge that I think mine is good too, but like I said, I wouldn't be disappointed to see yours picked either.

Although in all honesty I think your logo would be the better choice for a T-shirt or magazine as opposed to mine. Mine's a bit busy even for those things.

prettyrandom
May 9th, 2006, 23:50
haha nah me either, have to agree, yours is much better for web but maybe mines more suited to tees, then again wragg could always use multiple designs, keep it up though mate, liking your designs and the tunes:D

DraconumPB
May 10th, 2006, 02:34
Here's a simplified design. Not an 'improvement', just an alternate for possible different purposes...

Kaiser
May 10th, 2006, 03:23
Here's a simplified design. Not an 'improvement', just an alternate for possible different purposes...

Excellent Job on that one :D

Nice and simple but very professional looking. Prettyrandom I like yours as well and I hope both of your guys' logos can be used somewhere.

DraconumPB
May 10th, 2006, 09:16
And another, a blue one... still working on it.

d_dunn
May 10th, 2006, 10:00
hey DraconumPB, i really like dat blue one.... :) i fink blue seems to be the winning colour ere, since it matches the border of da site...
i'm loving dis wee art exhibition... i hope wraggster keeps dis a common fing, like vettacossx mentioned, to start a collection of da t-shirt's etc wot be AMAZING :rolleyes:

keep dis up guys, hope to see more from prettyramdon also... :p