PDA

View Full Version : Sony's PS1 Emulator For PSP

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 13:11
Do you think sony will release there PS1 emulator for the psp seperatly or with the firmware?

And will we be able to play iso's of the ps1 games we own on the memoey card or, will sony make us pay for them as umd disks mabye?

Or download them from there website for a fee?

What do you think?

SoQb0nc5r
May 7th, 2006, 13:33
most prob, a firmware

and i think we will dowload iso (ps1) from the internet after paying.

Lebow
May 7th, 2006, 14:50
I read an article on it and the ps1 emulater will probally be released with frimware 3.0 and there will be a fee 15 dollars a game. You go to a store but credits and then you use the credits to download the ps1 games. The games will run off the memory card

kersplatty
May 7th, 2006, 14:51
how they gonna solve interrupted downloads tho itll tke a while to download

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 14:58
That would be typical of sony. Making us pay for games we already own. I own Final Fantasy 7 and Ape Escape for the PS1, and i'll be dammed if im gonna pay for them again.

John Vattic
May 7th, 2006, 15:24
if you bought ape escape on the loose, then you already rebought a game

Zion
May 7th, 2006, 15:31
No i have'nt bought that.

Harshboy
May 7th, 2006, 16:01
They should give us the games free if we own the games. Like we give them a bar-code or something. I know thats looking for piracy, but maybe they will let us use our own isos.....perhaps with their own software? Who knows, but i wont upgrade, the N64 emulators look so promissing!!!! :D And most likly, the emulator will be in a firmware. But still, why upgrade when we have homebrew ps1 emulator? Such as PSPSone <--Which is great i must add :p

Hawkeyefile
May 7th, 2006, 16:45
They should give us the games free if we own the games. Like we give them a bar-code or something. I know thats looking for piracy, but maybe they will let us use our own isos.....perhaps with their own software? Who knows, but i wont upgrade, the N64 emulators look so promissing!!!! :D And most likly, the emulator will be in a firmware. But still, why upgrade when we have homebrew ps1 emulator? Such as PSPSone <--Which is great i must add :p
And slow.

robotdevil
May 8th, 2006, 02:40
I wonder how they're going to keep that in check, the only way I can see is to create their own proprietary image file. Wouldn't put it past 'em though. But it'll probably be an ISO file with a funky extention. Like Game.PSP or something. Oh well, I'll wait till it comes out and pick one apart. I got like 50 PS1 games, and I really don't wanna hafta buy 'em all again (mostly cause I can't afford to :P ).

kersplatty
May 11th, 2006, 18:32
ive seen the vid for this in e3 and atm its an eboot starter emu so if its released as an eboot will we be able to get th code and edit it for a 1.5-2.6 psp

Accordion
May 11th, 2006, 20:06
the emulator will be optimized per game with a emu+game file in one that will be encrypted
there is not a chance sony will let you use your own ISOs, you shouldnt even be making them.
the ridge racer game loaded straight up without a main menu, so i think the above is correct
it also means the games will probably be few and far between as they make a new release for each

kersplatty
May 12th, 2006, 10:44
each game will be modified for the psp but i doubt final release will be an eboot

Accordion
May 12th, 2006, 18:31
most definately an eboot per game, best way....for sony

we cant alter the update files so forget about altering the eboots

Illegal Machine
May 13th, 2006, 00:39
WHo needs to alter the eboot?

Probabl someone is going to figure out how to save the emulator as an iso or something and use a loadee to load it up, just like all those 2.0+ isos that "nobody" supposedly uses

robotdevil
May 18th, 2006, 18:56
I think there will be alot of games that can't be ported over due to controller layout. PSP only has 2 trigger buttons, even PSX had 4, and some of the later games for it used the dual analogs. But I'm on board for this. I don't plan on getting many games for it, but at $10/game I may get one or two to play off the memstick to conserve battery life. Other than that, I'll wait for a homebrew PSX emu.

Accordion
May 18th, 2006, 21:26
WHo needs to alter the eboot?
what i mean is that if each ps1 game is released as an emu+game combo eboot, you would need to change that eboot in order to put your own isos on the emu. but THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE SONY SIG.

what happened to PSPSONE is PacManFan okay, have not heard anything for ages, is he alright ?