PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: Amstrad CPC Emulator v1.0.8

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 00:07
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap7.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

What's new in version 1.0.8 :

- New Speed optimization (Up to 30% faster on many games)
- Add Screenshot save feature (Save up to 10 screenshots in the pspcap32/scr directory)
- Add Configuration file load/save option (if a file pspcap32.cfg is present, it is then loaded on startup)
- Add Background image
- New Keyboard pack files (from Loic Daneels)

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy,

Zx.

PS: Special Thanks to Loic Daneels for his keyboard files, and to David Llort for all his comments, feedback and support.

Edit: Loic Daneels has updated his keyboard files pack here : pack v3 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=118628&postcount=15)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 02:46
Great job ZX-81!!!
Thanks!

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 04:20
Cool - Another release. Can't thank you enough.

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 10:27

aleborri
May 8th, 2006, 11:21
I'll copy / paste my reply from the 1.07 topic that fits better here :) :

Ok thanks a lot about the save folder, it's strange but I had to create it, it didn't show when unraring the file.

Also either I didn't notice before but in the latest 1.08 I see the CPU speed tool so now at 333 mhz it works much better without frameskip.

And yeah 1.25 and 1.50 has some problems like in Head over Heels, it pixelates a lot so I keep the original size, and besides when resized the borders don't fit properly, sometimes they get out of the screen.

Anyway thanks for the new update, I'm having a lot of fun with this emu, if only there was one more update left I would beg for better 1.25x and 1.50x display but overall this is a great emu as it is so thanks a lot again

Amiga
May 8th, 2006, 11:32
Fantastic zx,very noticeable speed increase :D

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 11:37
I'll copy / paste my reply from the 1.07 topic that fits better here :) ...

Here is my answer :D
here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115306&postcount=11)

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 11:38
Fantastic zx,very noticeable speed increase :D

yes, it depends of the game :)

emulator2
May 8th, 2006, 21:33
This emulator is good...very very good and it just gets better.

I have spotted a minor issue whilst testing the latest release.

When using PSP Home to exit my 1.5 psp freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks for improving the game key configuration file issues it's a lot better.

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 21:41
This emulator is good...very very good and it just gets better.

I have spotted a minor issue whilst testing the latest release.

When using PSP Home to exit my 1.5 psp freezes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks for improving the game key configuration file issues it's a lot better.

On all the homebrew i've done, the home button doesn't work. I can't test it or debug it on 2.5FW so to exit pspcap32 the best is to go in the emulator menu and press the Left TRIGGER. ;)

emulator2
May 8th, 2006, 21:52
On all the homebrew i've done, the home button doesn't work. I can't test it or debug it on 2.5FW so to exit pspcap32 the best is to go in the emulator menu and press the Left TRIGGER. ;)
I only pointed this out because the Home button worked fine on all the previous versions.

Is this the final version then? I can't believe how quickly you keep improving it!

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 22:01
I only pointed this out because the Home button worked fine on all the previous versions.

Is this the final version then? I can't believe how quickly you keep improving it!

Thanks, it's good to know that on previous version the home button was working ... (even if i don't know why :D ).

dune
May 10th, 2006, 01:56
I've read the Readme about eight times but somehow still can't seem to get my own files playing :/

zx-81
May 10th, 2006, 11:29
If you speak french here is a tutorial :

here (http://www.pspngo.fr/news/homebrews/pspcap32,_un_emulateur_amstrad_cpc.html)

zx-81
May 13th, 2006, 09:39
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-kbd.jpg

Hi All,

Loic Daneels has updated his keyboard files pack for Pspcap32.
It contains now the mapping for more than 200 CPC games !

Many thanks to him.

Zx.

dazman
May 13th, 2006, 17:14
Great work yet again. Thanks

dazman
May 14th, 2006, 08:57
Thanks, it's good to know that on previous version the home button was working ... (even if i don't know why :D ).

I have the same issue, It crashed on exit in the first version, it was ok on V1.0.7 and now on V1.0.8 it crashes again on exit.

This only applies when closing using the home button

zx-81
May 14th, 2006, 16:37
I have the same issue, It crashed on exit in the first version, it was ok on V1.0.7 and now on V1.0.8 it crashes again on exit.

This only applies when closing using the home button

Ok, i gonna see what has changed between the two versions and try to find the problem.

osoalex
May 14th, 2006, 23:04
yea is very good

mario64
May 21st, 2006, 14:18
Hi there,
I'm new to the world of amstrad and I have aquired a full set of game images, the only thing is that all my games have the file extension .cpr. My question is how do i use them? Can i just change the extension to .dsk or what!!
Please assist, thanks Mario64

zx-81
May 21st, 2006, 14:33
Hi there,
I'm new to the world of amstrad and I have aquired a full set of game images, the only thing is that all my games have the file extension .cpr. My question is how do i use them? Can i just change the extension to .dsk or what!!
Please assist, thanks Mario64

You should find a file format convertor from .cpr to .dsk ...

:)

mario64
May 21st, 2006, 15:08
Hi,
Thanks zx-81 ( another good little computer there by the way ) but I have tried google and I can't find a program to convert .cpr to .dsk files. Once again thanks,
Mario64.

zx-81
May 21st, 2006, 15:17
May be there http://genesis8.free.fr/frontend/emu-uti.php

I've sent you a pm as well ;)

mario64
May 21st, 2006, 17:30
Thanks zx all is now sorted, much appreciate youtr assistance.
Mario64.